X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60

I was told by Ridgid When ordering the K-60 complete set it comes with the 5/8 cable. Does anyone know if this is the case. Looking on line it says it comes with the 7/8. Regardless with the spring fling promotions which would you want to receive as your rebate gift.
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Re: K-60

I recently got a price on one at a supply house and it came with 75' of 7/8".

Comment

the k-60 comes standard with 7/8''. i too ordered the extra 5/8'' cable set.

crappy, why the change of heart on a sectional

it's not because of what you read, is it

welcome back

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        the k-60 comes standard with 7/8''. i too ordered the extra 5/8'' cable set.

crappy, why the change of heart on a sectional

it's not because of what you read, is it

welcome back

rick.
        After hearing you and several others talk about the k 60 , it makes sense. I am also getting sick of breaking down my Gorlitz mainline machine and carrying it onto roofs. Do you or anyone else use yours inside at all or just outside (roofs , exterior C/O). Also Ridgid is having a rebate towards additional cables , so it makes sense to purchase the unit now. I bought the unit yesterday and received it today less cable. The cable is coming in tomorrow per Ferguson. I also ordered the 5/8 A 35 set. I am going to use the rebate for the additional 7/8 cable. When all is received I believe I will have 150 feet of 7/8 and 45 or so of 5/8. Do you recommend buying a total of 125 feet of 5/8 , or do you think I will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
          After hearing you and several others talk about the k 60 , it makes sense. I am also getting sick of breaking down my Gorlitz mainline machine and carrying it onto roofs. Do you or anyone else use yours inside at all or just outside (roofs , exterior C/O). Also Ridgid is having a rebate towards additional cables , so it makes sense to purchase the unit now. I bought the unit yesterday and received it today less cable. The cable is coming in tomorrow per Ferguson. I also ordered the 5/8 A 35 set. I am going to use the rebate for the additional 7/8 cable. When all is received I believe I will have 150 feet of 7/8 and 45 or so of 5/8. Do you recommend buying a total of 125 feet of 5/8 , or do you think I will be good.
          150 of 7/8'' is good for now. you defiantly want/ need more than 45' of 5/8''.

90% of my k-60 (7/8'') is outdoors.

1/2 of my k50 (5/8'') is split between indoors and outdoors.

make sure to have a good assortment of different cutters as you will find with the smaller diameter drains and traps. some cutters will be easier to get through the trap than others.

also make sure you get a spare cable pin release tool as these are easy to lose.

i now have made a custom one for my 7/8'' and 1.25'' cable and it is impossible to lose. plus much more user friendly.

now you'll have to come up with your own name.

the "impressionator" is taken

try "drum killer"

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Crappy,

Hpw much did the complete outfit cost you?.....did you get it from tony at the CableCenter in St.Louis..he gets EVERYTHING at whole sale...im bout to get one for sewer roof top cleaning only....like you, im getting tired of breaking down my Spartan 300 and taking it on the roof. i heard that Gorlitz makes a long foot pedal switch that you can use for running the cable from the roof vent while leaving the machine on the ground....sounds kinda dangerous to me though unless the stack is 'right-there' on the edge of the roof..anyway let me know buddy.

Tony

Comment

Hey lonestar. Good to see you again. Hows your jetting going?

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                Crappy,

Hpw much did the complete outfit cost you?.....did you get it from tony at the CableCenter in St.Louis..he gets EVERYTHING at whole sale...im bout to get one for sewer roof top cleaning only....like you, im getting tired of breaking down my Spartan 300 and taking it on the roof. i heard that Gorlitz makes a long foot pedal switch that you can use for running the cable from the roof vent while leaving the machine on the ground....sounds kinda dangerous to me though unless the stack is 'right-there' on the edge of the roof..anyway let me know buddy.

Tony
                The complete unit with 7/8 cable out the door including tax was 1,537.53 .I bought the unit from Ferguson in San Diego CA. I also bought the A 35 set of 5/8 for an additional 216.00. With the spring fling promotion I will receive another 75 feet of 7/8 plus carry cage for free( if you can call it that).
                When I run my Gorlitz to the roof through the ladder assembly I just use two power cords. Otherwise I break the whole machine down and carry it on the roof (which is or was 90 percent of the time).
                Today was the first day I used my new K 60 for a mainline blockage, through 2" roof vent. Removed light root cluster very easily. I think this was a good investment if not for my pocket book than definitely for my back.

Comment

Crappy:
                  7/8 down that 2" vent, or 5/8"?

Comment

7/8'' will go through 2'' pretty easy, just don't try that through a trap

if he hit roots, then it was the right cable choice. if it's just a back to back shower and tub, then 5/8'' is fine.

it's all in the proper cutters ends. if 1 end won't pass, try another.

when it's tight, i find the straight auger or bulb auger is the one to pass.

a straight auger with a good bend will open up as it passes the 2'' and into the 3'' or 4''.

now don't miss quote me drum guys

this is an actual cutter with a corkscrew end. not just a bent cable.

the open wind of the cable and cutter will grab all the large roots it touches.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X