X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID K-60 or K-50

I am starting to get more into the drain cleaning end of the business and have heard a lot of praise on the k-60. I was just wondering how well the K-60 does on small dia. lines ( 1 1/4" to 2" ) with the 5/8" cable? I own a K-1500 with 1 1/4" cables for main line cleaning but am looking for a good all purpose machine for the smaller lines. Should I be looking at the K-60 or the smaller K-50? Thanks for the advice
    ________
    Drug Testing Kit
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:33 PM.
    Mike

Re: RIDGID K-60 or K-50

I would get the k-50 since its smaller and a k-50 and k1500 uses overlap.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      I would get the k-50 since its smaller and a k-50 and k1500 uses overlap.

ben

you sound like mark, until i set him straight

defiantly the k-60. it uses both the 5/8'' and 7/8'' cable.

i do own a couple of small drums for the k-50/ 3/8'' and 5/16''x 35'. but i use my k-39pf for this instead.

with the k-60, you'll be using your 1500 a lot less. and you will be able to do 1.5-6'' with the proper cables.

i know that they make stronger/ tighter wind 5/8'' cable, but i don't see that doing roots.

now mark, back me up and remember the big debate

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I think we should move the thread to drain cleaning section BUT the k-50 can also do sink drains. Can a 1 1/4 cable do 3"? Asking cause I never dealt with it. If it can; then why use a k-50 there if you suspect roots? I would use the k-1500. You'll also only have to deal with 2 sizes of cable. But here's my perfect scenario:

-spartan 2001 for the big lines-6" and above
        -k60 for 90% of my work
        -k-40 w/ the NEW autofeed for sink lines
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

gear junkie, you say a k-40 w/ auto feed for smaller line. I have not used a auto feed machine before so i have a question about them, can you still feel when you hit the blockage like with hand fed machines?
          Rick, a question for you, can a k-60 be used on a lav drain using a 5/8 cable? you seem to have the most knowledge on the unit so I take to heart what you have to say about them.
          ________
          Mercedes-Benz Sprinter History
          Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:34 PM.
          Mike

Comment

yes on both questions. The k60 spins faster 600 rpm vs 400 rpms but can use the same cable.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I forget... did Fred end up siding with the k60 people are the k50 squad.
              Really they are both excellent machines. If you are going to be doing a lot of sinks I would say k50 if you can afford to get a k-39 (around 300 bucks) in addition then I would go with the k60.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                I forget... did Fred end up siding with the k60 people are the k50 squad.
                Really they are both excellent machines. If you are going to be doing a lot of sinks I would say k50 if you can afford to get a k-39 (around 300 bucks) in addition then I would go with the k60.

Josh
                who do you think

the real question was if you can only have 1 machine, what would it be.

mark said k-50

myself and fred said k-60

a 5/8'' sectional cable will do a 1.5'' line and trap without an issue.

a 5/16'' with a k39 will also do a 1.5'' trap, but it has no cutter attachment. the 3/8'' cable uses the same cutters as the 5/8'' sectional, but the 5/8'' sectional is more flexible than the 3/8'' solid.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X