X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a K60 tips Sticky

It is hard to find all the info because threads get all mixed up and turn into other topics. It would be great for a k60 sticky on tips and tricks. I have not had mine long enough to post any I don't know any yet. But I did name mine since Rick's has a name. Mine is called Big Drill cuz that's what it reminds me of.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: We need a K60 tips Sticky

just do a search for Plumber Rick
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

not sure we need a sticky

i think a search on the k60 will bring up a lot of info.

just ask or post. do some reading of the drain cleaning discussions.

it's really not a hard thing to master. it's more of tip and tricks to get it done and keep it clean.

truthfully, you'll find you can do things with a k-60 that you'll never even think of doing with a drum.

speed of the cable and the safety of the clutch are just to name a few.

post the questions you have and i'm sure you'll have plenty of guys jumping in to help. ben can cover the morning est shift.
      i'll cover the late pst shift

and all are welcome to jump in and add their favorite tips and tricks.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I finally ordered a brand new K-60. Also 150 feet of C-10 7/8" cables with cable carriers. Guide hose, pin keys, tool box, straight auger, funnel auger, retreiver head, spade-head, blade-cutter, t-111 3" saw-tooth cutter, t-112 4-blade cutter, t-113 4-blade cutter.
        I am ready to do battle with the drain-stoppages of western north carolina!
        I am naming my new K-60 "Excalibur" because it just sounds really cool.
        Now I just hope I get a lot of stoppage calls so I can pay off the mighty (and expensive) Excalibur!
        Last edited by Service Guy; 03-10-2008, 01:29 AM.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          not sure we need a sticky

i think a search on the k60 will bring up a lot of info.

just ask or post. do some reading of the drain cleaning discussions.

it's really not a hard thing to master. it's more of tip and tricks to get it done and keep it clean.

truthfully, you'll find you can do things with a k-60 that you'll never even think of doing with a drum.

speed of the cable and the safety of the clutch are just to name a few.

post the questions you have and i'm sure you'll have plenty of guys jumping in to help. ben can cover the morning est shift.
          i'll cover the late pst shift

and all are welcome to jump in and add their favorite tips and tricks.

rick.
          I can help, sell it to Rick and get a decent drum machine. Unless you like making a mess, wasting your time, not clearing the line properly ect..

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
            I can help, sell it to Rick and get a decent drum machine. Unless you like making a mess, wasting your time, not clearing the line properly ect..
            I have used both: Ridgid drums and the k-6o and I admit you are right the k-60 is messier, but it does a better cleaning-job in my experience and is more versatile. I have used both for years at a tiem, and I prefer the sectionals.

Comment

very good choice with cutters and cable length. you'll find that the spiral sawtooth cutter will do most if not all of your root stoppages.

the straight auger is great for 2'' pipe and with a bend in it, it will spring open to snag stuff in the 3'' and 4'' lines. the 4 tooth cutter is great on hard scale.

find what works best for you and then experiment with the others.

also if you can order replacement blades and not the entire cutter, you'll save some decent money. the trick is adapting other blades to fit the sectional blade holders. the 3/8'' hole on a typical blade will adapt with a quick die grinder or dremel. both myself and ben have done this trick. saves a lot of money on a specialty blade.

you might want to purchase 5/8'' cable for your 1.5'' and 2'' traps. unfortunately you'll also have to buy the cutters for the 5/8'' too. these are the same as the 3/8'' drum machine connectors. the 1/2'' drum machine connectors are the same as the 7/8'' sectional connectors. and the 7/8'' sectional are a smaller connector to it's bigger brother the 1.25'' k-1500 connectors.
              out here the sectionals are not as plentiful as the drums, so the cutters and cables are more of a special order.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I prefer to use my K-380 for 2" lines. The K-60 will be exclusively for 3"+ drains.
                BTW, thanks for all your tips Rick, you've really helped me out in deciding to get back into sectionals. Nobody around here uses them, so I will be unique in the business which can be an advantage. (I used to use the K-60 when I worked in New York and loved it)
                Last edited by Service Guy; 03-10-2008, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                  looks like you'll need a schooling too at the ridgid roundup.

when you know what you're doing, the sectional is no messier than a drum machine. that's the whole reason why he is asking for tips and hints.

by the way, a sectional machine has so many more cutter choices than a drum machine. look for yourself in the ridgid catalog.

with 5 drum machines sitting in my shop 2 brand new and never used, i made the right choice in replacing them with sectionals.

625 rpm compared to 200 rpm is a hugh plus in cleaning power. add this to the bigger selection of cutters and the 150#-200# savings, and it only makes sense the sectional is a better choice.

so maybe you might want to buy my drum machines since you're only a 120 miles away. it will be worth your drive to save a lot of money.

get your best quote and i'll beat it. new or used i have them both.

now if you have a good sectional, i'm up to a trade.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

when you know what you're doing, the sectional is no messier than a drum machine. that's the whole reason why he is asking for tips and hints.

by the way, a sectional machine has so many more cutter choices than a drum machine. look for yourself in the ridgid catalog.

with 5 drum machines sitting in my shop 2 brand new and never used, i made the right choice in replacing them with sectionals.

625 rpm compared to 200 rpm is a hugh plus in cleaning power. add this to the bigger selection of cutters and the 150#-200# savings, and it only makes sense the sectional is a better choice.

so maybe you might want to buy my drum machines since you're only a 120 miles away. it will be worth your drive to save a lot of money.

rick.

5 brand new drum machines in your shop untouched ?

Man all i can think about when you start talking about that stuff you have in your garage is Sanford and Son

Your either a junk collector, or go thru machines like there is no tomorrow
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

What about a k60 icon that can be assigned to each thread. Sorta along the same lines as Bob's idea for "thread of 2008".
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

rick.
                        Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                        5 brand new drum machines in your shop untouched ?

Man all i can think about when you start talking about that stuff you have in your garage is Sanford and Son

Your either a junk collector, or go thru machines like there is no tomorrow
                        greg, their in my shop. 2 are brand new. 1 is a 12 volt 750 conversion, 1 is a 750 and the other is a 7500 that i pulled from my truck.

don't you have a newer electric eel you're selling?

joey considers all this stuff a life insurance policy.

i consider it a better investment than the stock market. have you seen the prices on ebay run up on ebay since the k60 is on a roll?

even propress machines are way up.

rick.

didn't you see the photo josh posted of my complete ridgid display from the pumper show
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I always had spare equipment as well. Without spares you lose work when equipment goes down.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

[quote=PLUMBER RICK;127293]greg, their in my shop. 2 are brand new. 1 is a 12 volt 750 conversion, 1 is a 750 and the other is a 7500 that i pulled from my truck.

don't you have a newer electric eel you're selling?

joey considers all this stuff a life insurance policy.

i consider it a better investment than the stock market. have you seen the prices on ebay run up on ebay since the k60 is on a roll?

even propress machines are way up.

rick.
                            Hahaha that was a good come back

Ya i have the eel on the bay .

But i only have 1 large, 1 medium, 1 small, 1 section, and THE SECRET WEAPON on each truck
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

rick.
                              Nope, they still suck. I tried one and hated it. Don't need any more machines, I'd rather put my money into a 401k.

Comment

Working...
                              X