X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clocked by the k-60

had a miserable stoppage today. the customer called complaining about a broken sewer line.

i go there to look and see an exposed clay line in a planter seeping water from the cement joint. i knew it was a plugged line and not a broken line.

now here's the fun. there's a 4'' c/o halfway down the hill of their backyard. i loosen the 4'' plug and allow the pressure to die before removing the plug. the c/o is 30' elevation drop below the house. there is also another 4''c/o 60' further away approx. 15' drop. this one was ok.

so with all the elevation drop i knew it was a nasty stoppage to clear and it hasn't been done for 5 years. there's baby wipes all around the c/o.

so i break out my k60 since this yard/ hillside is a nasty hike. after 3 attempts of cleaning my cutters of wipes and white mice i finally clear the line at 15' in. of course i check the lower c/o and it now has waste coming up

so i drag my machine and cable down the hill and go at it. this time there is 45' of cable in and another 15' i have over the tree branch to keep it off the ivy. i'm working the cable at 45' to clear and all of a sudden, i get hit in the head with my own cablei guess with all the running in the tree, the cable wound itself off and onto my head

after checking for blood i continue in and finally clear the line.

how many women don't know you can't flush that stuff down the toilet.

so next week i go back to camera this line and possibly jet it out. the yard is so big that they actually divided it and are building a second house down below for their son.

the jetter would have been easier and safer, but the mighty k-60 was machine of choice.

a 7500 would have been 2 men to get it down all the railroad ties and a man just to hold it from walking off the side of the hill. the jetter can be parked on the lower street and hose hauled up the hill to the c/o.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: clocked by the k-60

Hit in the head with your own snake? Now thats a first.
    Maybe you should start using a hard hat.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

How are you fixing the line besides jetting?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

you weren't using the cable guide were you, Rick?

glad you didn't get hurt.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Your lucky it didn't grab some tuffs of hair

If we only had video if that

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            had a miserable stoppage today. the customer called complaining about a broken sewer line.

i go there to look and see an exposed clay line in a planter seeping water from the cement joint. i knew it was a plugged line and not a broken line.

now here's the fun. there's a 4'' c/o halfway down the hill of their backyard. i loosen the 4'' plug and allow the pressure to die before removing the plug. the c/o is 30' elevation drop below the house. there is also another 4''c/o 60' further away approx. 15' drop. this one was ok.

so with all the elevation drop i knew it was a nasty stoppage to clear and it hasn't been done for 5 years. there's baby wipes all around the c/o.

so i break out my k60 since this yard/ hillside is a nasty hike. after 3 attempts of cleaning my cutters of wipes and white mice i finally clear the line at 15' in. of course i check the lower c/o and it now has waste coming up

so i drag my machine and cable down the hill and go at it. this time there is 45' of cable in and another 15' i have over the tree branch to keep it off the ivy. i'm working the cable at 45' to clear and all of a sudden, i get hit in the head with my own cablei guess with all the running in the tree, the cable wound itself off and onto my head

so next week i go back to camera this line and possibly jet it out. the yard is so big that they actually divided it and are building a second house down below for their son.

the jetter would have been easier and safer, but the mighty k-60 was machine of choice.

a 7500 would have been 2 men to get it down all the railroad ties and a man just to hold it from walking off the side of the hill. the jetter can be parked on the lower street and hose hauled up the hill to the c/o.

rick.
            Shame you didnt have a Spartan 2001. You couldve taken it apart. Carried down the hill in 3 seperate sections, and went to town. By yourself
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
              you weren't using the cable guide were you, Rick?

glad you didn't get hurt.

steve
              correct, i wasn't using the guide. the weird thing was that i was using the tree branch to keep the cable off the ground ivy and plants. i was doing this for a good 1/2 hour and it never fell as the cable was looped over the branch. not to mention it was off to the side of me.

i never knew it was coming off as it struck me
              hard to rub it when your gloves are all covered in gravy

rick

a couple of years ago joey saw me do the same as she warned me while watching me use my 7500 with the cable going up 8' in the overhead piping.
              that time the cable and blade hit me and it was more painful, plus it drew blood and an earful from joey.
              phoebe it is

Comment

cable guide
                cable guide
                cable guide
                cable guide
                cable guide
                cable guide

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  Shame you didnt have a Spartan 2001. You couldve taken it apart. Carried down the hill in 3 seperate sections, and went to town. By yourself

greg, like i said, it takes 2 guys to keep the machine on the sloped yard. i even flipped my k-60 on it's side once

a spinning drum with cable would require a 2nd man to hold it from walking all the way down the hill.

i need to go back during the week and will camera. if it's real bad, i'll jet, if not too bad, i'll k-60 with the rear hose

greg don't you still use your k-60, i'm sure it will fetch a pretty penny on ebay. much more than your electric eel.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

greg, like i said, it takes 2 guys to keep the machine on the sloped yard. i even flipped my k-60 on it's side once

a spinning drum with cable would require a 2nd man to hold it from walking all the way down the hill.

i need to go back during the week and will camera. if it's real bad, i'll jet, if not too bad, i'll k-60 with the rear hose

greg don't you still use your k-60, i'm sure it will fetch a pretty penny on ebay. much more than your electric eel.

rick.
                    Rick why would he have to sell it on ebay?

Wasn't the deal if he didn't like it you would buy it

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                      Rick why would he have to sell it on ebay?

Wasn't the deal if he didn't like it you would buy it
                      true, but he does like it

and if he wanted to sell it, you know someone that would buy it in a heart beat unless you want to bid against me

start the bidding, i'm game

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

rick.
                        Hi there Rick,
                        I see you guys over there are also blighted or should I say blessed by these "white mice" and baby wipes. I'd say they are the cause of 80% of blockages I clear over here in Cornwall. The other day I was clearing a 4" line with my K60 and on removing my 7/8 cable there was enough white mice to fill a large bucket. I took about 25mins to remove them from my cable ( I didnt see that many women around there )
                        Last week the K60 saved my butt again when I was called to a posh hotel in Carlyon Bay, where I removed the remnants of 3 pairs of swim goggles and rubber straps from a jacuzzi, which some kids had decided to jam into one of the circulation inlets, which were sucked down into the impeller.
                        Just before I go - thought I would leave you with this unusual request from this woman on the phone who went on to tell me she was a surgeon and was well acquainted in the art of endoscopy and did I have a larger version of one of these as she had lost her Jack Russel dog down a rabbit warren - another use for the drain camera!!
                        Cheers for now
                        Gary (Kernow)- cornish celtic word for Cornwall
                        P.S still thinking of a name for my big boy

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                          she had lost her Jack Russel dog down a rabbit warren - another use for the drain camera!!
                          Revenge of the Bunnies!

Comment

true, but he does like it

and if he wanted to sell it, you know someone that would buy it in a heart beat unless you want to bid against me

start the bidding, i'm game

rick.

Not going to sell it, i do like it for the roof work. But i have been doing so much jetting lately. My cable machines may soon be obsolete
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                            X