Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don`t need no stinking K-60

Do this with a K-60 and I dont mean your DRILL either

BTW.... this came out of a basement job with the K-7500 doing all the work. Well I did hold down the 5gal bucket and I did have to hold guide pipe till it was started....rotflmao

Back in for a 2nd run at it
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: We don`t need no stinking K-60

No BS Steve, If I pulled that out, I would've hung that on my wall. That's some serious roots. Can you give specifics of the job. Imagine if you and Rick combined forces to combat the evil spread of roots? The sewers would be a much better place.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That is the biggest root ball I have ever seen. I agree the K-60 couldn't do it, but I bet a K-1500 with 1.25" innercore could! Sectionals got ballz too.
      But anyway mad respect for that rootball and I salute you and your mighty K-7500!!! I have used one too, and its a beast!
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

In the last picture it looks like the laundry room? Where was the cleanout? Low ? High? What a monster! Drain must have been pretty slow for a while with that in there.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I concur. I've pulled out roots like that with my 1065.

Good job,

Comment

i have a 7500 and i have yet to get roots like that. but i am not a jedi yet. some day me and "larry" (thats what i named the k7500 "larry the cable guy") will be there
            Mike
            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

nice fish you caught there, looks like there ripe for a camera insp. and a little rehab.

Comment

WOW.

Nice work, how long that take you start to finish?
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Kudos to you for a nice retrive. It almost reminds me of the monster ball of roots I pulled out of a 2" trap on a pool deck with my K-50.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                    In the last picture it looks like the laundry room? Where was the cleanout? Low ? High? What a monster! Drain must have been pretty slow for a while with that in there.
                    Heres the CO. It`s about 3 feet off the floor

A 94 year old lady lived here by herself till she died the other day. They are getting the house ready for auction this weekend. They had 2 other sewer guy`s out there today that couldnt clear the line. One of em uses a K-1500
                    I`m always the last guy called in as my price is always a bit higher then the cut throat guys. I was at this house for about an hour and a half.

Heres looking at you Rick

Signed the
                    Drum Master
                    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-19-2008, 10:31 PM.

Comment

it figures it's a single person. we call it the old lady syndrome.

only a little water used and it allows this to drain. put a family in there and it would have been plugged years ago.

nice job on pulling out that mass.

how far down the line were you caught?

did the roots wind up on the length of the cable or just the front cutter area?

what is your cutter of choice?

what tree or root is that?

our roots of mass are typically ficus roots.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

it was just past 100` out. I started with my 2 blade but couldn't get any where. Pulled it back and saw it had a big root ball on the end. Got out my cut down retriever and went in after the mass of the root not knowing it was gonna be this big. Got stuck!!! Played the back and forth game for about minute and it freed up.I was having bad thoughts till it snapped free...lol...

Any way, it was rapped around the cable in length as I had screwed through it. Took a little while to get it out of the CO and off the cable. This root is from an Elm tree.

Comment

WOW! Thats all I can say is WOW.

You should get a trophy for that. I'd have it stuffed and mounted
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Judging by the mass of roots and the leaking fitting in the basement, I'd guess it's about time for a repipe . . .

Comment

Nice pull Steve. What condition was the pipe in after you pulled that bear out?
                              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                              X