• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Clear Sewer
    started a topic We don`t need no stinking K-60

We don`t need no stinking K-60

Do this with a K-60 and I dont mean your DRILL either

BTW.... this came out of a basement job with the K-7500 doing all the work. Well I did hold down the 5gal bucket and I did have to hold guide pipe till it was started....rotflmao

Back in for a 2nd run at it
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-19-2008, 04:41 PM.

• Aaron91
    replied
    Re: We don`t need no stinking K-60

I like the idea/name behind the contest. I'd enter even though I know I'd lose since I don't do much drain cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• Gene Bickford
    replied

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    16' 4" very impressive ACS

I couldn't find the thread where we post up our root captures so I'll put it here.

Bryson is holding a bundle of maple tree roots pulled out of a 6" clay sewer.

Up until a few months ago I could have swore this was a world record. But you guys proved me wrong.

Sadly, not long after this picture was taken Bryson was killed in a single car accident.

[ATTACH]2918[/ATTACH]

The K1500 couldn't handle it. We needed the John Deer to pull this root
    Thats not a root. Thats a limb.

We should have a biggest root of the year contest. Kind of like a Big Buck contest. Pay $5 or so to enter and winner takes all. Call it Brysons pull or something.

Leave a comment:

• HVAC HAWK
    replied

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Because I get paid extra for video inspection`s Cant do em for free and if you saw what the seesnake cost you would understand.
    thanks why i asked

Leave a comment:

• All Clear Sewer
    replied

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
    question why would you not want to send a camera down to see what it looked like just for your sake ?

i dont do this stuff so i dont know how much time it would take to take a look in side the pipe
    Because I get paid extra for video inspection`s Cant do em for free and if you saw what the seesnake cost you would understand.

Leave a comment:

• HVAC HAWK
    replied

question why would you not want to send a camera down to see what it looked like just for your sake ?

i dont do this stuff so i dont know how much time it would take to take a look in side the pipe

Leave a comment:

• plumberscrack
    replied

16' 4" very impressive ACS

I couldn't find the thread where we post up our root captures so I'll put it here.

Bryson is holding a bundle of maple tree roots pulled out of a 6" clay sewer.

Up until a few months ago I could have swore this was a world record. But you guys proved me wrong.

Sadly, not long after this picture was taken Bryson was killed in a single car accident.

The K1500 couldn't handle it. We needed the John Deer to pull this root
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-15-2008, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• All Clear Sewer
    replied

Dont know as I didnt video it. They just want the sewer to drain for the auction. I put one of my stickers on the waste stack, I`ll be back

Leave a comment:

• Drain Medic
    replied

Nice pull Steve. What condition was the pipe in after you pulled that bear out?

Leave a comment:

• Herk
    replied

Judging by the mass of roots and the leaking fitting in the basement, I'd guess it's about time for a repipe . . .

Leave a comment:

• Gene Bickford
    replied

WOW! Thats all I can say is WOW.

You should get a trophy for that. I'd have it stuffed and mounted

Leave a comment:

• All Clear Sewer
    replied

it was just past 100` out. I started with my 2 blade but couldn't get any where. Pulled it back and saw it had a big root ball on the end. Got out my cut down retriever and went in after the mass of the root not knowing it was gonna be this big. Got stuck!!! Played the back and forth game for about minute and it freed up.I was having bad thoughts till it snapped free...lol...

Any way, it was rapped around the cable in length as I had screwed through it. Took a little while to get it out of the CO and off the cable. This root is from an Elm tree.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

it figures it's a single person. we call it the old lady syndrome.

only a little water used and it allows this to drain. put a family in there and it would have been plugged years ago.

nice job on pulling out that mass.

how far down the line were you caught?

did the roots wind up on the length of the cable or just the front cutter area?

what is your cutter of choice?

what tree or root is that?

our roots of mass are typically ficus roots.

rick.

Leave a comment:

• All Clear Sewer
    replied

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
    In the last picture it looks like the laundry room? Where was the cleanout? Low ? High? What a monster! Drain must have been pretty slow for a while with that in there.
    Heres the CO. It`s about 3 feet off the floor

A 94 year old lady lived here by herself till she died the other day. They are getting the house ready for auction this weekend. They had 2 other sewer guy`s out there today that couldnt clear the line. One of em uses a K-1500
    I`m always the last guy called in as my price is always a bit higher then the cut throat guys. I was at this house for about an hour and a half.

Heres looking at you Rick

Signed the
    Drum Master
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 03-19-2008, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ToUtahNow
    replied

Kudos to you for a nice retrive. It almost reminds me of the monster ball of roots I pulled out of a 2" trap on a pool deck with my K-50.

Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X