K60 cart-don't complain if you read this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K60 cart-don't complain if you read this

Good idea......but I have to say that if an average lay person saw your setup and there was a drum machine next to it......

they'd ask questions that would bring to a final decision that hey! that drum machine is everything that the carted sectional is all about......and less work!

I posted a really good response to "how clean does it have to be" in order to provide the result you're looking for.

I'm a former sectional man went drum to never go back. I can honestly say that I don't care if the line is spic and span when I clean it. If they get years of use without backing up and that was me partially cleaning the drain.....I see no problems with this at all.

BUT, I use different attachments with numerous bends in my cables and with the use of water in the lines after removing the clog, I'd be hard pressed to believe that I took money and didn't offer a good job in return with that logic. I'll say it again......what physical characteristics led that drain to clog will not be answered/solved by how well you clean that drain.

My idea from the go is to work smarter, not harder and sectionals take me back two steps, whether the idea is they clean the drain better, or not.
    That's possibly not my objective because I love job security...but I never get many recurring drain clogs with the same customers.

Either it's what I'm charging for the call or the drain is staying clear and free-flowing. Being a service plumber in an urban area made me the drain cleaner I am today. *Cincinnati Ohio, home of the crazies*
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
      I don't see no brakes on that buggy. bet it keeps ya busy on the roof, don't it.
      Can't take it on a roof but I can carry everthing to do a roof job in one shot. Even a drum machine can't do that. I'm thinking about chock blocks for the wheels. When I used it last night, I just shoved my steel toed boot under the wheel and it didn't move after that.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
        Much better than simply existing and mad all the time, not knowing why.
        That's a good line, never heard it before.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          he just brought out the cart to give you drum guys a chance.

when we go roof top, you're going to get smoked with that 7500.

remember 1 machine, any cables and cutters you need.

rick.
          I`m not going to use the 7500 on the
          roof top Remember I`m gonna keep it "real world"
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            I`m not going to use the 7500 on the
            roof top Remember I`m gonna keep it "real world"
            what happened to your pipe and hose contraption?

remember the whole idea was 1 machine for all size drains.

of course i could do the gravy work too with a 7500. or break out my secret weapon battery powered machine when out in the sticks.

but i'm going to stick to my original bet. 1 machine for all the drains. rooftop to basement.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

As I recall it was a one machine bet. I guess we can access penalty points for multiple machines for those who do not have the ability.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

what happened to your pipe and hose contraption?

remember the whole idea was 1 machine for all size drains.

of course i could do the gravy work too with a 7500. or break out my secret weapon battery powered machine when out in the sticks.

but i'm going to stick to my original bet. 1 machine for all the drains. rooftop to basement.

rick.
                The one machine thing has been your deal all along. I too have a battery powered machine so let get it on.
                Remember I`m bringing my trailer I`m gonna use everything I use in the real world as I am a Professional :twofinger2:

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  As I recall it was a one machine bet. I guess we can access penalty points for multiple machines for those who do not have the ability.

Mark
                  get out of Ricks

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    The one machine thing has been your deal all along.
                    and so has the roundup

and if i didn't live so far i would tow a set of doubles and make your trailer look like a cracker jack box.

the whole idea, especially with the non full time drain guys is to make it possible to do a great job with only 1 machine.

of course there is a machine for every job. that's why i have just about every machine. but if i only had 1 machine to use, or 1 machine to buy, this would be the one.

what would your 1 machine be? that's the machine you need to bring/ use.

i know for a fact that the 7500 is going to be faster on level ground right out of the truck. but how many of your jobs are on level ground, right out of the truck? no stairs, no ladders, no up and no down. no above and no below,
                    no in and no out. no helper

i know most of mine are not.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Here's my take on the whole thing. Almost anyone can be trained for standard drain cleaning. Drain cleaning is where most service plumbers start out in the trade. That's also why most Jurisdictions do not require any special licensing for drain cleaning(even though they should).

The challenge which started this entire concept of the Roundup was if you only had one machine on your truck what would it be. My preferred machine is a K-50 knowing I will not be able to do heavy roots in a main line, Rick's is a K-60 knowing he would lose out with drains requiring a top snake and others picked various drum machines. Some of the upper people at Ridgid sided with Rick but I still feel I would pick the K-50 as my only machine. That of course has a lot to do with the work that came into our shop. We were 80% drains other than main line stoppages.

Now if you want to switch to "grab whatever machine makes you smile at the time" you have eliminated any challenge to the Roundup competition.

Mark
                      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-12-2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

but how many of your jobs are on level ground, right out of the truck? no stairs, no ladders, no up and no down. no above and no below,
                        no in and no out. no helper

rick.
                        90%

I do so much more cleaning then you, you wouldn't believe it Rick

I did 8 today By Myself and I`m at the shop getting my DragBoat ready for a race in 2 weeks. now what did you do today?

Comment

I sat down at my desk 15-hours 45-minutes ago to write a report which needs to be in next week. If I pull a couple 18-hour days I will be able to get it done before I leave for Las Vegas again on Tuesday.

Mark

Comment

I do 12 to 16 hour days and the rest of the time is for me....rotflmao

Comment

Here are a couple of links to show Rick's transformation to sectional machines.

http://67.212.161.167/~bennettf/foru...highlight=k-60

Mark

Comment

and your point is?

Comment

Working...
                                X