X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K60 cart-don't complain if you read this

This is my new K60 setup. Used it last night for the first time and it worked great.
    1st pic-going to the cleanout, can carry everything in one shot, even my ladder for rooftops. Steve, that bucket is for you.
    2nd pic-back pic of the cart
    3rd pic-actual setup during operation. When I need to add cable, I feed the male end of the cable directly from the carrier into the back of the guide tube and connect the cable from the back of the 60. Takes about 30 seconds and that's sitting on my butt not in a rush. The guide tube does move during operation but doesn't hinder performance in any way.

To retrive the cable, just pull directly from the cleanout and feed into carrier. Next modification- Use veritas cam clamps to secure the carrier to the cart. After about 60 feet the carrier got light and started moving around when feeding the cable in the guide tube. This cart works great and can also be used for water heaters.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gear junkie; 04-12-2008, 02:06 PM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: K60 cart-don't complain if you read this

Very nice Ben and I like that you have a gamma lid for your bucket.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Very nice set up you got there.

It's always cool seeing people use their imagination to modify something to their specific needs.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Steve, that bucket is for you.

Ok now that you have the bucket we can go to work
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

You probably already know this but a bucket works pretty good at keeping your racks together when you stack them in pairs.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            You probably already know this but a bucket works pretty good at keeping your racks together when you stack them in pairs.
            Flew right past me.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I think it works best as a seat for my butt while the machine is doing my job

Comment

A cart on wheels that carries the snake machine, cable and electric cord....

Great idea, Ben but if you wanted a drum machine you should have just bought one

Comment

Now thats a good one!

How`s he gonna get that cart up on Ricks roof

Comment

I'm sure a young muscular guy like Ben does not need a cart (or drum machine ). He is just trying out different things to see what might make life easier on him.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      A cart on wheels that carries the snake machine, cable and electric cord....

Great idea, Ben but if you wanted a drum machine you should have just bought one

If a manufacture made a drum machine that spun at 600 rpm and had distances marked on the cable and had a clutch(I know about the spartan 2001) then I would buy one in a second. Forgot to add-no single component can weigh more than 60 lbs.

The reason behind the cart was because of that job where I kinked my sectional cable. I had to trip out before the clog was cleared so crap came out of the cleanout. My k60 was almost in a pile of poo and I wanted to raise it up. Thought about the cart and I went from there. I'm going to be doing this for a long time and see no need to prove anything by doing things the hard way.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I'm sure a young muscular guy like Ben does not need a cart (or drum machine ). He is just trying out different things to see what might make life easier on him.

Mark
                        Awwwwww...Theres the key "young"
                        When he get`s my age he`ll be using a drum machine
                        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-12-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I like it,GearJunkie.Save your back, make money,Oh what fun it is to both think and act upon it.Much better than simply existing and mad all the time, not knowing why.Congrats. Kenneth.
                          Kenneth Collier
                          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                          Jackson, MS 39206
                          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I don't see no brakes on that buggy. bet it keeps ya busy on the roof, don't it.
                            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                              Now thats a good one!

How`s he gonna get that cart up on Ricks roof
                              he just brought out the cart to give you drum guys a chance.

when we go roof top, you're going to get smoked with that 7500.

remember 1 machine, any cables and cutters you need.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X