X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What I found out about the K-60

So the k50 drum adapter works in the k60? I mentioned this as a suggestion but I never thought to just see if it fit.

My rubber feet haven't fallen off yet. Cutters you need to buy;
    -the 4 bladed cutters, big and small(same as on the back of the roundup shirt) I love this blade as it skips offsets very easily.
    -some innercore cable.
    -a 6" 3/16 screwdriver. You don't even need to cut the tip. It works as is and much better when using thick gloves.
    Last edited by gear junkie; 07-04-2008, 11:25 PM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      I bought the A-61 tool kit. What is the difference between the T-101 straight auger and the T-125 retreiving auger? a pointy bent end? I'd rather have another spade cutter or a sewer mitt
      The catalog is wrong. It shows the 125 as a funnel auger like Rick described. What is shipped is a straight auger with a bent tip. I think the wind is different so the retriving auger actually screws in when in reverse.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        So the k50 drum adapter works in the k60? I mentioned this as a suggestion but I never thought to just see if it fit.

-the 4 bladed cutters, big and small(same as on the back of the roundup shirt) I love this blade as it skips offsets very easily.
        -some innercore cable.
        -a 6" 3/16 screwdriver. You don't even need to cut the tip. It works as is and much better when using thick gloves.
        Only because he was using his machine backwards.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

-some innercore cable.
          I saw the thread where you suggested this and that's why I was so surprised that no one had tried it.
          http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13140

I was looking for a place to store my k50 drum so I shoved it on the K60 and what do ya know, it fit!

The catalog is wrong. It shows the 125 as a funnel auger like Rick described. What is shipped is a straight auger with a bent tip. I think the wind is different so the retriving auger actually screws in when in reverse.
          For clarity sake I posted pictures of what was shipped in the tool kit. Please label them with their respective numbers

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

This is where the confusion starts.....

The one on the left has a slightly more open wind to it but not much at all to make a difference. And a flat tip that's flared out some.

The one on the right (tighter wound) has the tip sharpened to a point. Both are wound in same direction too. They both seem so similar to one another. Seems a little redundant to include both in the A-61 tool kit. Give me a 4 blade saw tooth instead.

Attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

Attachment t-107 spade cutter 1.75''

Attachment t-150 -1 3'' or t-150- 2 4'' sharktooth cutter

Attachment t-102 funnel auger

Attachment
            the left one is suppose to be the t-125 retrieving auger. different than the picture and different than what is used on the 7500.

the one on the right is the t-101 straight auger.

you still need the t-111 -3'' spiral sharktooth cutter and the

t-113 3'' 4 blade cutter.

and the k-60 needs a weekly feeding of roots to make her happy

rick.
            Attached Files
            phoebe it is

Comment

Bill, you're a genius. I tried the adapter and it worked just fine. When I made the suggestion, I didn't have the k50 at the time to try it out. Mark you lose, the K60 is the most versitile machine, it can run 5/16, 3/8, 5/8, 7/8.

My retriver auger looks different. My camera is broke and will post pics once I get a new one.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

the K60 is the most versitile machine,
                Fred thinks so too
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Bill, you're a genius. I tried the adapter and it worked just fine. When I made the suggestion, I didn't have the k50 at the time to try it out. Mark you lose, the K60 is the most versitile machine, it can run 5/16, 3/8, 5/8, 7/8.

My retriver auger looks different. My camera is broke and will post pics once I get a new one.
                  No Ben not a genius Just a guy that stands on the shoulders of giants

Like Mr Reese that stumbled with his chocolate bar and fell into some peanut butter

Did you just call our Pimp Daddy of plumbing a loser?

Comment

No Ben not a genius Just a guy that stands on the shoulders of giants

Like Mr Reese that stumbled with his chocolate bar and fell into some peanut butter Is that really how it happened?

Crack is back!
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      wait till allclear gets a run of this

rick.
                      Run of WHAT? How much time a K-60 takes?

I just did a kitchen line that you would have used your 60 on and I was done in less then 5 minutes. I used my cheap Lows, Cobra free standing top snake with 5/16 cable. One trip in with less then 15lbs of tools
                      Seem`s the mother in-law came over and cleaned some corn on the cob for em....rotflamo

Rick I have a drum machine for every vent,C/O and main line out there
                      I`m in and out before you can get all set-up with a k 60
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Your not dragging me into that gay $hit with you and Rick (almost forgot Charlie). I could never disrespect the sectional godfather. Instigator.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                          Run of WHAT? How much time a K-60 takes?

I just did a kitchen line that you would have used your 60 on and I was done in less then 5 minutes. I used my cheap Lows, Cobra free standing top snake with 5/16 cable. One trip in with less then 15lbs of tools
                          Seem`s the mother in-law came over and cleaned some corn on the cob for em....rotflamo

Rick I have a drum machine for every vent,C/O and main line out there
                          I`m in and out before you can get all set-up with a k 60
                          i too did a kitchen sink today and i still beat you. used a k-39 down the tailpiece and was cleared in under 1 minute. outside c/o was ok.

the difference is your 5/16'' cable will not ever come close to the cleaning i can do with my 5/8'' cable and cutters. all that you've accomplished is pocking a hole and stirring a hole in the muck.

if you don't believe me, try putting a 1'' 4 blade cutter on your 5/16'' cable and see if it will get through.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Your not dragging me into that gay $hit with you and Rick (almost forgot Charlie).
                            He's right crack. Ben is protected under "don't ask, don't tell"
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                              He's right crack. Ben is protected under "don't ask, don't tell"

One of these days, your humor has to rub off on Rick. Maybe oneday Rick will be as funny as you. Nah, I don't think it'll happen either.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ricky, Ricky , Ricky what am I gonna do with you????
                                How many times have I told you that I do have blades for my 5/16????
                                And I can go 50` to 75` not just 35` like the 39
                                I`ll put on my bent leader and do just as good if not better of a job then you will with your 50
                                Never been called back on a small line yet Knock on wood as now the phone will start to ring with 1 1/2 and 2" come backs
                                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X