Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What I found out about the K-60

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Ricky, Ricky , Ricky what am I gonna do with you????
    How many times have I told you that I do have blades for my 5/16????
    And I can go 50` to 75` not just 35` like the 39
    I`ll put on my bent leader and do just as good if not better of a job then you will with your 50
    Never been called back on a small line yet Knock on wood as now the phone will start to ring with 1 1/2 and 2" come backs
    Not this argument again . As I recall last time you have the blade you just don't use it (or something like that). Please do everyone a favor and go borrow a K-50 with some 5/8" cable. There is no way your 5/16" cable could possibly come close to the effectiveness of the 5/8" cable. If it could we would all be using the sissy cable as well as it is much faster to get off the job. The key to drain cleaning is to own a full arsenal of equipment. Having the right machine for each job is the best way to achieve the optimum outcome.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark what would you say the effectiveness should be??? 1 year between cleaning or 2 or 3 or ect" " " " "

I only have one customer that get`s their kitchen sink line cleaned more then once every 2 to 3 years and she say`s she has enough money to see me every 3 months and she`s not gonna stop dumping grease down her sink.

I`d say the bent leader must do a pretty good job
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Mark what would you say the effectiveness should be??? 1 year between cleaning or 2 or 3 or ect" " " " "

I only have one customer that get`s their kitchen sink line cleaned more then once every 2 to 3 years and she say`s she has enough money to see me every 3 months and she`s not gonna stop dumping grease down her sink.

I`d say the bent leader must do a pretty good job
        I don't doubt it does a pretty good job but the simple mechanics of it must tell you an open wound 5/8" cable has more cleaning (+ collecting) surface than a tight wound 5/16" cable does. I have 5/16" cable in my K-39 and one of my K-50 canisters so I know what they can do when properly used but it does not take anything away from an open wind 5/8" cable.

Mark

Comment

Now it's getting interesting. What do you gotta say about that Steve??

See Bill, this how you instigate. High five.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Now it's getting interesting. What do you gotta say about that Steve??

See Bill, this how you instigate. High five.

Comment

Mark, so what's the time line to figure out if the customer is getting their moneys worth???

I can go out to the trailer and get ya a picture of the open wound leader with a pile of stuff wound up in it

I keep hearing about this open wound cable carp, I would rather chop up stuff and send it down the line then have it pull out and make a mess.

With the bent-up leader I am scraping the walls of the pipe and screwing in to the clog at the same time. When the clog gets stuck on the open wound leader it`s like wiping the pipe when I`m pulling back. I dont have a bunch of crap to pull off the cable as it`s all stuck on the end of the cable. Less mess!!!

BTW the leader is open wound now what's you gotta say about that .....

How`s that Ben
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 07-06-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I got ya the picture anyway just because I know Ben would have said "Go get the picture"
                This is from the Corn on the Cob drain clean from yesterday

Comment

Everybody's pipes are different and so are their kitchen sink habits. 6 months, one year, 3 years, 5 years in between stoppages, doesn't matter.

If you are using the 5/16" cable in say a tub drain you DO want to pull stuff back but in a kitchen sink drain I doubt you can (or would want to) pull back grease and food debris. If it made it through the disposal, send it on down. In this case no matter what head you use, the larger more open wound cable would do a better job of scrubbing the pipe walls.

Just seems to make sense to me. Right?

I don't know you all have had your snakes down in more holes than me

Comment

Mark, so what's the time line to figure out if the customer is getting their moneys worth???

I can go out to the trailer and get ya a picture of the open wound leader with a pile of stuff wound up in it

I keep hearing about this open wound cable carp, I would rather chop up stuff and send it down the line then have it pull out and make a mess.

With the bent-up leader I am scraping the walls of the pipe and screwing in to the clog at the same time. When the clog gets stuck on the open wound leader it`s like wiping the pipe when I`m pulling back. I dont have a bunch of crap to pull off the cable as it`s all stuck on the end of the cable. Less mess!!!

How`s that Ben
                    Consider your 2" of open wound leader being 50' long and you know have a open wound cable just smaller. You do not pull a bunch of "crap" back with you as the open wound cable does not retain the "crap". I'm not like Rick who might tell you mine is the only way to go but I will tell you don't discount it because you don't own it.

Mark

Comment

How`s that Ben
                      Actually kinda disapointed. I thought you would've come up with something better.

To comment on something useful so I'm not just the "instigator"; bending the leader is fine, no problem, but it only cleans at 2 points. Where the tip and bent cable touches the wall. The open wind really grabs anything in the pipe much better than a drum cable. Why would you want to bring anything back? So the pushed blockage doesn't cause more problems downstream. But all this talk is relative. How clean does a pipe need to be? We could go to the extreme and say everything must be jetted. Will the bent cable lean a pipe? Yes, but as good as a open wind? No, but it'll work and it doesn't make you a hack for using the bent cable. I have one myself for my k39.

One good point Mark brought up is that until you tried it, don't knock it.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I got ya the picture anyway just because I know Ben would have said "Go get the picture"
                        This is from the Corn on the Cob drain clean from yesterday
                        This drain also had a grease problem due to the color of the grease. It won't turn black like than overnight. The corn husk was just the final straw.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          This drain also had a grease problem due to the color of the grease. It won't turn black like than overnight. The corn husk was just the final straw.
                          Ha Ben! I said the same thing out loud hours ago But only Rick heard me Next time I'll write it down for posterity

That corn husk should not be black and slimy
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                            Ha Ben! I said the same thing out loud hours ago But only Rick heard me Next time I'll write it down for posterity

That corn husk should not be black and slimy
                            I doubt Rick heard you as he was probably thinking out loud of some corny jokes(no pun intended).
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

yes, that black stuff is grease but it didn't have a grease problem
                              It had a 1 1/2 copper drain line with a 90 at the stack.
                              The Corn husk didn't make the 90 and caused the clog.
                              I have never done a kitchen sink line that didn't have grease residue but this one didn't have much build-up and I cant see how a open wound cable could have done any better of a job.

If your working a grease clog the only right way is to jet or degrease with a nonacid degreaser . Not an open wound cable

BTW ....for some reason there is some misconception about me and sectional machines, like I haven't ever used one or something....rotflmao

Just because I don't own one doesn't mean I haven't ever used one

Long Live the Drum machines

Comment

How`s that Ben

Those two reasons above is why I pulled completely away from the sectional machines. I've been there done that and I for the life of me cannot understand what token of merit you get for retrieving debris from the drain when completing the task...........???

The objective is to clear the drain, that's it. Somewhere it the midst of all these convo's is why you was there in the first place. Reason? It's a faulty piping system or it is being incorrectly used and no matter if you clean that pipe spic and span.....it's going to eventually return to the condition you was called out to clear it.

And if you cleaned it soooooooo good, where's the job security of a drain that doesn't need cleaned for 5 years now instead of one? Everyone gets a pat on the back for a good job but drain cleaning is what it is.

That lady that I didn't have time for to replace her piping?

No peace of mind for that poor woman, she knows that the drain cleaning is borrowed time on when it will happen again. Pipe replacement is the only satisfaction in a situation like that.

BTW, I lugged my 300 with 107' of inner-core cable in my box van today without the fear of hatred of it being heavy. Not physically touching the cable on the outgoing and return letting the machine do everything in auto-pilot makes me a well rested drain cleaner. No cleaning cables in a driveway contaminating up the neighborhood either with a garden hose.

Ryan Seacrest

OUT!
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X