Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
K60 Club Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • K60 Club

    Well Rick is quite a salesperson I just purchased my K60 online.Maybe now I wont be setting the Big Boy (K1500) up in restroom stalls to work thru the flange. Thanks for all the informative posts regarding the equipment everyone uses. And no the seller is not using the money to go buy a drum machine! had to add that otherwise I was wide open.

  • #2
    Re: K60 Club

    You're in great company.Welcome.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: K60 Club

      Originally posted by Mr Slate View Post
      Well Rick is quite a salesperson I just purchased my K60 online.Maybe now I wont be setting the Big Boy (K1500) up in restroom stalls to work thru the flange. Thanks for all the informative posts regarding the equipment everyone uses. And no the seller is not using the money to go buy a drum machine! had to add that otherwise I was wide open.
      Dues for "Club K-60" are $165 per year. You know, for insurance and the magazine subscription, etc...

      Please remit dues to:

      Plumber Rick, LLC
      60 Sectional Street
      SaveADrum-RideASectional, Ca 00060
      spodelee

      Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: K60 Club

        Originally posted by Mr Slate View Post
        Well Rick is quite a salesperson I just purchased my K60 online.Maybe now I wont be setting the Big Boy (K1500) up in restroom stalls to work thru the flange. Thanks for all the informative posts regarding the equipment everyone uses. And no the seller is not using the money to go buy a drum machine! had to add that otherwise I was wide open.
        We know as the seller already had a drum machine and he didn't need a jack stand as he gets his service truck serviced at the dealership because he`s now making money with his drum machine
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: K60 Club

          Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          We know as the seller already had a drum machine and he didn't need a jack stand as he gets his service truck serviced at the dealership because he`s now making money with his drum machine


          Sorry Rick,This one's too good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: K60 Club

            I have to ask Rick right now, How many sections of open wind cable using the K60 have you tweaked ? It seems to me it is weaker then drum intercore cable, it spins faster at 600rpm and when it hits a major stoppage yes you can let off the lever but you had better do it quick.
            Seattle Drain Service

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: K60 Club

              Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              I have to ask Rick right now, How many sections of open wind cable using the K60 have you tweaked ? It seems to me it is weaker then drum intercore cable, it spins faster at 600rpm and when it hits a major stoppage yes you can let off the lever but you had better do it quick.
              truthfully only 1

              the open wind is much more springy. in fact so springy that there are many times i will load up/ torque up the cable that it will cause my motor to reverse and spin back wards.

              a tight wind cable will apply torque and stiffness.

              a sectional will apply high speed cutting and flexibility.

              the one cable i tweaked was actually in a styrene/ junk area drain line. i actually got stuck in the ground and had to use a come-a-long to try to remove it. i ended up stretching it to the point of using a grinder to cut it off.

              this is now my favorite reverse auger i own

              rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: K60 Club

                I'm with Rick - I may not be able to put as much beef into the handle, but I found that when the cable hangs up and begins to torsion the jaws also begin to slip before it can do damage, unlike a cable drum that keeps on spinning and has no clutch to speak of. I half expected to see wear on the cable, but there wasn't any.

                I hope I can get some more drain calls soon so that I can get some perspective on what it's like to simply open a drain with it.

                Also, I'm making a list of heads to order that aren't standard with the machine - four-bladed cutters and saws of various sizes are what I'm looking toward right now.

                I ordered a T-111 root saw with the machine and when I followed up on it I found out it won't be here until next month. OK, Ridgid, what's up with that? Are we buying these things too fast for you?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: K60 Club

                  You'll love the 4-blade cutters, get all the sizes available. Its my favorite cutting-head by far. Great for grease, and just about anything else!
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: K60 Club

                    See what the 4 bladed cutter does to 50 years of piss buildup? Awsome cutter.
                    Attached Files
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X