Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: k-60 impressionator

City sewer that's about 135` away.
    It`s a corner house so I`m sure it`s got a few 45`s in the line.

Mark
    your little 5/8 cable would be trashed as I`m sure it`s gonna be a root problem.

Oh yea.... and what would your price be for this cleaning the way you would do it.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I would go on the roof one time only and then install a cleanout. If they don't want a cleanout, they find someone else or you charge them accordingly next time.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It`s 2 story and your gonna go on the roof???

Comment

Do it all the time.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben
            If you get some free time will you come knock the pigeons off my roof for me?
            If you look you can see one on top of the fireplace chimney.
            I hate then damn birds craping on my roof all the time. They are about to meet the jetter with a 0 nozzle in the hand wand

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              City sewer that's about 135` away.
              It`s a corner house so I`m sure it`s got a few 45`s in the line.

Mark
              your little 5/8 cable would be trashed as I`m sure it`s gonna be a root problem.

Oh yea.... and what would your price be for this cleaning the way you would do it.
              Well it's your story so I can only base my opinion on what you offer. It doesn't sound like you've done a locate of the problem so in my scenario I will have the stoppage at 125' out (although 135' is not a problem), bends don't matter with a sectional cable and while a 5/8" cable may not clean roots it will pop a hole through them so you can clean it up with a 7/8" cable.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Ok I just got back from one that I`ll do in the morning.
                How would you do it??

2 story house:
                Every time they flush the stool on the 2nd story it comes up in the kitchen sink,.over flowing a stool and filling up a tub on the 1st floor
                Now the only C/O is in the basement that is finished and it`s only about 4" off the floor going out a wall.
                Now keep in mind the 1st floor is completely full of sewage as it`s backing up.

I will dig up the line outside and install a C/O, then clear the main line and the basement is saved
                I can see what you're saying. I don't do many cleanouts here so I have a different mindset.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

about 90% of our jobs have C/O`s. Some you can get too and some you cant but most of em have em some where if you can find em.

Comment

about 90% of our jobs have C/O`s. Some you can get too and some you cant but most of em have em some where if you can find em.

Maybe it's because so many others all ready have outside cleanouts it's easier to convince them.
                    Not very common here in residential. Once the excavator is there minds well dig a new main and the Mainers that do have the money are not very lose with it.
                    The ones that have whole house traps that can't be bypassed are easy to convince to out side c/o rather then dig a jack hammer the basement.

I prefer a sectional as most of my work is in basements and old ones with rickety stairs that I wouldn't even be able to fit a k-7500. Now if I were at wal-mart or something then I'd rather use a k-7500.

Answer to your question about c/o 4" off floor: I'd Drill hole in cap and wet vac, vac full plug hole, dump water into 35gal can, do it again. Most will drain all the way with one can, some two.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

What do you do with the can once it's full? We don't have basements here.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

has anyone tried to freeze a waste line with a pipe freezer, then cut a cleanout in beneath it inside a house to avoid a shower? If so why not? I have never done this, and i know it would up the price of cutting in a clean out but wouldnt the "cleanliness" be worth it if you cant cut in a cleanout outside?

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                          has anyone tried to freeze a waste line with a pipe freezer, then cut a cleanout in beneath it inside a house to avoid a shower? If so why not? I have never done this, and i know it would up the price of cutting in a clean out but wouldnt the "cleanliness" be worth it if you cant cut in a cleanout outside?
                          freezing a 4'' line is very time consuming and most likely not worth the time and expense.

although i guess it would save me going shopping for fudgecicles
                          although basements are not very common here. mainly older 1930's and earlier, most sewers will drain if left overnight. this of course is as long as the owner has not waited for a week after seeing symptoms.

drilling a hole in a c/o is a safe way to empty the system into a trash can. then the waste water can be pumped back into the line once cleared.

there are test jim caps with bibbs. these will plug with waste and paper. but a ball valve will drain and be easy to clear if plugged.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            What do you do with the can once it's full? We don't have basements here.
                            Clear the clog and pump it back in. Makes forr a good test of the main.
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Good looking house.How did the job go?
                              Kenneth Collier
                              Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                              Jackson, MS 39206
                              (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                              drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X