X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 Motor Pulley

Has anyone else had any problems with the motor pulley where it connects to the motor shaft. Ours came loose recentley and is now in the shop getting repaired.
    I was just wondering why the shaft has a flat side on it and the motor pulley is just round with a set screw it.
    Wouldnt it have been a better design to have a flat spot on the motor pulley also to hold it into place better when the set screw is tightened ?
    I just hate to see this as a reoccuring problem.

Re: K-60 Motor Pulley

this hasn't happened to mine.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

if the set screw is tightened properly, there should be no reason why the pulley would slip on the motor shaft.

is it damaged to the point that you couldn't just square it up and tighten the set screw?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

k-60 the impressionator

Hey Rick
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          k-60 the impressionator

Hey Rick
          do i need to bring up again all the problems you've had with your drum machine, cables, and cutters

i tend not to forget a good laugh

maybe i'll let you list them and i'll check them off.

rick.

i guess a loose allen screw is cause to stop the presses
          phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry not to respond sooner but when it happened it may have caused possible damage to the shaft and the housing . Sent it to the Ridgid repair shop just to be on the safe side as the machine is under warrantee.
            I was just more wondering why not make the pulley with a flat spot on it that would compliment the shaft and then have the set screw just to keep it from moving off the shaft.
            I am not trying to put down the machine at all. I am a sectional guy that has not had a single problem with my K-1500 in over 15 years of use . I am mearly trying to see if it is possible to better the design to prevent it from happening in the future.

Comment

Working...
            X