X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 does it again

so today i'm at a customers house that spent $9,000 on a sewer repair back in april of this year.

the plumber said they needed to replace a section of pipe as they used a locater since they couldn't get a camera into the line

so basically they sold them a very expensive repair just on a hunch since they couldn't get the camera in.

the repair was at approx. 90' from the 4'' c/o.

of course today i camera and snake out the line and remove roots that were at 27'-30' and 49'-53'

what exactly did these guys do 5 months ago?

$9,000 for a small section repair under dirt and the real problem was not addressed

so here is the pictures of what i went fishing for

the fishing rod is the k-60

the line is 7/8'' sectional

the hook is a reverse wound cut off cable with sharpened open hook and heat treated

the fight took just a couple of minutes to reel in the big one

the fish weighs in at 4'' x 3' long.

not a fishing tale, but the real deal. this one didn't get away.

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: k-60 does it again

Nice catch. It always makes me mad when I here of other so called plumbers ripping off customers like that. It gives the good guys a bad name.

Comment

So For 9k they did what? If you pulled out the roots what did they do? Was some of the pipe replaced when you camered it ? Or did they snake it to get the customer through till you came along when it was bad.
      Thanks
      Bryce
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

That root looks like a dead badger. Nice
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          So For 9k they did what? If you pulled out the roots what did they do? Was some of the pipe replaced when you camered it ? Or did they snake it to get the customer through till you came along when it was bad.
          Thanks
          Bryce
          that's exactly what the owner was wondering
          she was upset back in april that they never provided a report or a video.
          it's like they went at random and installed a 10' section of pipe and another c/o.
          now she has 3-4'' c/o's in a main that's 104' long to city saddle connection.

owner wants a price for repair of the section that i pulled those roots. the post video shows a hole in the top of the clay. can't tell if it was broken from a plumber trying to snake the line by punching a whole in top and not installing a c/o. or from a fence post installation 18'' away with a miss. this is under an asphalt driveway. just off the planter border.

the amazing thing is they told her they couldn't get the camera in the line due to it's condition. so they used a transmitter only.

i can tell you that those roots are a lot older than 5 months.

9k and now she has to spend more to fix it properly.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Sounds like a good fernco pipe patch job
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              Sounds like a good fernco pipe patch job
              yes it does as this is a straight shot 27' in from 4'' c/o.

how has this been working for you?

any issues. all successful?

cost per 4'' patch? cost of initial equipment?

a dig and r

replace of 2' is pretty straight forward. 1'7'' deep under blacktop.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

For that I wouldnt even entertain the idea of the Fernco! 20 minutes to dig it up and less than $100 in materials you should be out of there in under 2 hours!

Comment

The only issues I've been having is with my supplier.
                  After a few meetings the issues have been ironed out for now. If they continue to be a problem I will get the kits elsewhere and cheaper. Fernco has begged me not to do this as it will cause problems with protected territories And so far the supplier will only sell to me. They also do installs but more main size. That leaves me with the residential.

All have been successful and some have exceeded what was expected (reseting offsets).

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                    For that I wouldnt even entertain the idea of the Fernco! 20 minutes to dig it up and less than $100 in materials you should be out of there in under 2 hours!

Yeah, not worth the price for something 1' 7" deep.
                    Break out the shovel Rick

Comment

In Maine you dont excatly have the sewers at 1.5' deep and I am pretty certain the Rick doesn't have to deal with much frost. Hey do you guys in Cali even have rock in the ground. From what I have seen in pictures is all there is is a silty sand. No boulders?

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                        In Maine you dont excatly have the sewers at 1.5' deep and I am pretty certain the Rick doesn't have to deal with much frost. Hey do you guys in Cali even have rock in the ground. From what I have seen in pictures is all there is is a silty sand. No boulders?
                        It really depends on what area you are in. Where I live there is no hand digging without a jackhammer. A couple of miles away people don't even know they have a slab leak because the soil is so sandy it just enters the aquifer. I had one customer who did not know she had a problem until her $30 a month water bill became her $1,200 water bill. Funnily enough I could here the water leaking in the bedroom but she said she had checked for the noise and never could find the source.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                        X