X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 cleans a cesspool?

well sort of. not even sure if i spelled cesspool correctly. in all the years i've worked here, this is the first cesspool? i can remember seeing.

sure i've seen septic tanks in malibu.

now that i think i have the right terminology (thanks mark)

here's the scenario i faced yesterday.

i was called by another plumbing shop to help them as they couldn't clear a 4'' line that ran from the rear clean out to the front cesspool tank.

there was a 6'' clay top access hole in the top that looked 10'.

their snake had no problem going from the c/o to the tank as they could see it. i even had them tie a towel to their cable and pull it back. still plugged up.

so they left and had me come by late in the day.

i looked and was amazed that there was this cesspool/ tank out front

sized up the situation and told the renter that this was a job for the

impressonator

i had him looking and listening for my cable at the opening.

47' put me into the tank. so now it was a matter of stirring up the contents of the sludge in the 47' of 4'' pipe.

with the 7/8'' open wind cable and my 4 blade cutter running at 625rpm. it was able to make a chocolate milkshake out of this settled sludge

sure a jetter would have worked on this too
    but knowing a k-60 got it done in under an hour. while they spent 2 men and 2 hours each with their drum, what can i say

sorry allclear about the drum comment

you country plumbers, am i correct in calling this a cesspool

looked to be approx. 10' and 5' round. cement lined with no leach field. probably from the late 20's early 30's.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: k-60 cleans a cesspool?

The words "K-60" was used/referred to 17 times in this thread and one negative inference to drum machines.

40 points and this puts you in the bonus round
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I find it funny that you are so impressed that you cleared a sludge build up with a K-60...

Rick I come a crossed sludge build up`s weekly and use my K-7500 with a big auger to stir up the muck. It`s funny that you make it sound like the other plumbers couldn't do it because they weren't using a K-60
      I`d bet you money they couldn't do even if they had a K-60 as they are plumbers not sewer rats.
      They don't know what's going on inside a pipe, they only know how to stick em together and some times I wonder about that

Rick you are so easly impressed with yourself is all I can say.
      Good Day
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        I find it funny that you are so impressed that you cleared a sludge build up with a K-60...

Rick I come a crossed sludge build up`s weekly and use my K-7500 with a big auger to stir up the muck. It`s funny that you make it sound like the other plumbers couldn't do it because they weren't using a K-60
        I`d bet you money they couldn't do even if they had a K-60 as they are plumbers not sewer rats.
        They don't know what's going on inside a pipe, they only know how to stick em together and some times I wonder about that

Rick you are so easly impressed with yourself is all I can say.
        Good Day
        lets see, they used a 4'' cutter, spear head, whip, and even a towel on the end. 2 hours later and it's still plugged.

47' of open wind auger cable running 3x faster than a tight wind drum cable was the difference.

last time it was snaked was in 2005. by the same company.

i can tell you that your drum and cable with no cutter and my sectional cable with no cutter, i'll stir things up and get it flowing and you'll still be sitting on your bucket waiting for me to show up.

the speed of the cable and the open wind of the cable is the difference between winning and loosing.

how's that jetter of your's doing

still in pieces

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Jetter is working good as I use it about twice a week and I also used to when we were painting our shop

I have to call BS on the towel not working. If it didn't work they went to fast as "if" it was big enough it would have pushed the muck down line or brought it back to the C/O

Rick my Auger is bigger then your open wound cable and it`s open wound, It`s AN AUGER.... DUHHHHHHHh
          I`d be setting on my truck seat driving down the road while you pulling cable and sticking it back in your basket
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have to go with All Clear on this one.
            I don't think it was the machine that made the difference. I think it was your knowledge.

Two guys for two hours should have had that line open, even if they were using a hand, push,or flat snake.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
              Rick, I do believe that you are a master at stirring up crap in more ways than one.

I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

looked to be approx. 10' and 5' round. cement lined with no leach field. probably from the late 20's early 30's.

rick.
                kyes, kyou kwould kbe kcorrect. That's 6 k's for me!
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  rick.
                  Well..dang 'ol dang...I ain't quite sure what ya'll, high falotin city foke call 'em, but round heah we's call 'em cesspools 'an some call 'em holdin' tanks. I don't much care fer either one ma self as I'm kinda parshall ta doin' ma business right out da back door
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

man, is next years roundup gonna be a war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait till then---then cant wait to read all the posts after

Comment

Working...
                    X