Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Another k-60 sale? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Another k-60 sale?

    Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
    I've never seen a root diameter larger than maybe 4 millimeters. What kind of trees do you have down there?
    Your embarrassing yourself by stating that a K-50 is a good mainline machine. Its obvious to me at least. The K-50 is Mark's all-time favorite machine and he even states that it is not good for mainlines or roots.
    Last edited by Service Guy; 09-30-2008, 12:28 AM.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Another k-60 sale?

      Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Nope not even close.

      Mark
      K-1500 with 1.25" cable?
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Another k-60 sale?

        Watch out for the older ones. I got a brand new one the first year after the design change it didn't have a grease Erik on it and the back bearing froze up I sent it back to Ridgid and they retrofitted it free but you still had to take it apart and clean it after every two or three jobs or one bad one, sometimes it would lock up half way through the job. I loved the size ease of carry and it had plenty of power but I had to go back to my 1500 but I did get spare jaws so I could use the 7/8" cable I also had the jaws to run 1 1/4" and even the 5/8" cable the 5/8" cable in a 1500 is sweet on 2" grease filled lines using double cables or pulling out a broken drum cable. I use a 7500 with a 3/4" cable but it is not so good on grease or mush clogs I have to put on a couple of 1 1/4" cables to work that stuff out but I will keep using the 7500 as long as my son is here to help if he goes I will ether have to go back to the 1500 or load less cable to make it lighter. I just keep 75' in it now and add on, but adding on is worse then the sectional in a drum. but here to we are the only ones who use a drum I just wished everyone had outside clean outs, it is the law now that the new lines have to have them but most of our drains we clean are pushing a hundred, were just lucky when we find a 3" clean out most were made for a poking rod, 1 1/2" clean out try getting a root wad from a 6" main through that. or try talking someone in to putting in a bigger clean out when it has always been that way.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Another k-60 sale?

          good luck trying to locate a newer k-60 on ebay.

          i actually have been gone from ebay since feb. last week i needed something bad. so i looked for k-60's and there was only 1. and that was the old suitcase style.

          i doubt that an 8'' hpde line will clog. and if it does, you probably would rather use a jetter than a snake.

          i do 6'' clay more than 50% of the time with a 7/8'' innercore cable, and a 4''x 3'' or a 3.5'' sawtooth cutter. i don't run expanding 4x6'' cutters on my k-60. on the 1.25'' i do run an expanding 4x6'' cutter.

          the k-50 is a good light weight machine. but defiantly not a root cutting machine. they do make some stiffer heavy wind cables for it. so that you can do 4'', but the machine is just not heavy enough to handle real roots.

          i used my k-50 and k-60 today. so each has it's place. but the 1 for all machine is a k-60.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Another k-60 sale?

            Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            Had a papertowel stoppage at the inlaws tonight
            Am I the only one to find this peculiar? Please don't tell me they are wiping and flushing with paper towels

            Maybe they would enjoy a bidet seat for the holidays. It is already wrapped
            I love my plumber

            "My Hero"

            Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Another k-60 sale?

              Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              Am I the only one to find this peculiar? Please don't tell me they are wiping and flushing with paper towels

              Maybe they would enjoy a bidet seat for the holidays. It is already wrapped
              They were cleaning up a dog's "mess"

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Another k-60 sale?

                Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                good luck trying to locate a newer k-60 on ebay.

                i actually have been gone from ebay since feb. last week i needed something bad. so i looked for k-60's and there was only 1. and that was the old suitcase style.

                i doubt that an 8'' hpde line will clog. and if it does, you probably would rather use a jetter than a snake.

                i do 6'' clay more than 50% of the time with a 7/8'' innercore cable, and a 4''x 3'' or a 3.5'' sawtooth cutter. i don't run expanding 4x6'' cutters on my k-60. on the 1.25'' i do run an expanding 4x6'' cutter.

                the k-50 is a good light weight machine. but defiantly not a root cutting machine. they do make some stiffer heavy wind cables for it. so that you can do 4'', but the machine is just not heavy enough to handle real roots.

                i used my k-50 and k-60 today. so each has it's place. but the 1 for all machine is a k-60.

                rick.
                http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-K-60-Sewe...d=p3286.c0.m14

                or new for about 800

                http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-K-60-Sect...d=p3286.c0.m14

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Another k-60 sale?

                  Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  They were cleaning up a dog's "mess"
                  Why not throw it in the trash and/or take it outside?

                  I can't believe flushing paper towels actually sounded like a good idea.
                  I love my plumber

                  "My Hero"

                  Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Another k-60 sale?

                    I just looked on ebay and there's several k60's for sale but every one is from florida which is what I've found to be typical. I don't know how florida has so many surplus k60's but they do.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Another k-60 sale?

                      the brand new one i just won is not from florida.

                      can't believe no one bid against me for a brand new in the box unit.

                      has everything minus the cable and cutters. does include the rear guide and gloves, pin wrench, manual.

                      best was the price. $799. plus shipping.

                      a complete cable kit is around $240.

                      the majority of k-60's on ebay are used with no other accessories.

                      there are deals out there, just be patient.

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Another k-60 sale?

                        what the ..

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Another k-60 sale?

                          I ' d just cruised through the Ridgid header , missed it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Another k-60 sale?

                            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            the brand new one i just won is not from florida.

                            can't believe no one bid against me for a brand new in the box unit.

                            has everything minus the cable and cutters. does include the rear guide and gloves, pin wrench, manual.

                            best was the price. $799. plus shipping.

                            a complete cable kit is around $240.

                            the majority of k-60's on ebay are used with no other accessories.

                            there are deals out there, just be patient.

                            rick.
                            Ha I looked at that one I think, put a link to it earlier, I almost went for it but the funds have not been there the last few weeks, I have needed the money for other things congrats on the win Rick!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Another k-60 sale?

                              Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              I just looked on ebay and there's several k60's for sale but every one is from florida which is what I've found to be typical. I don't know how florida has so many surplus k60's but they do.
                              Yea almost all the k60's are from Florida I wondered if I was the only one seeing that.

                              Did you see those new 7/8's cables that where in Nevada?
                              Seattle Drain Service

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X