Spiral cutter and K-60!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiral cutter and K-60!!!

Today I successfully cleared 100 feet of orangeburg pipe with the K-60 and 3.5" spiral-cutter. I tried it first with the 3" double-blade cutter and it got stuck really bad. The spiral cutter tore through the roots like a hot knife through butter!!! I video-inpected it and there were at least a dozen massive root intrusions. Needless to say, the customer was very IMPRESSIONATED!
    We'll be going back in few weeks to replace the line. I know it will be flowing fine for a long time after the K-60 got through with it, but I always recommend replacement when I see orangeburg pipe.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Spiral cutter and K-60!!!

This is why you did $7000 last week.

You're enthusiastic and believe in your tools and service.

People will inevitably get caught up in your enthusiasm and professionalism and want to deal with you.

Keep it up and you'll be at $10000 next wekk.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Today I successfully cleared 100 feet of orangeburg pipe with the K-60 and 3.5" spiral-cutter. I tried it first with the 3" double-blade cutter and it got stuck really bad. The spiral cutter tore through the roots like a hot knife through butter!!! I video-inpected it and there were at least a dozen massive root intrusions. Needless to say, the customer was very IMPRESSIONATED!
      We'll be going back in few weeks to replace the line. I know it will be flowing fine for a long time after the K-60 got through with it, but I always recommend replacement when I see orangeburg pipe.
      Great work! By the way, who is "we"?

Also, check your Private Messages
      YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
        Great work! By the way, who is "we"?

Also, check your Private Messages
        "WE" is my new helper and I. I will respond to your messages soon, its just been really busy lately.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

the spiral root saw is the best root cutter there is. it will negoiate a line much better than a double pear cutter.

also the 4 blade cutter is good, but not on roots.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I purchased about 6 of those spiral cutters, but after seeing them my hair stood up as I can imagine them getting stuck in pipe real easy. I still havn't used them, but my give them a try if people are saying they work so well. Just have to make sure the pipe isn't ovaled before I dive in.

Comment

I'm ready! I've got a double handful of root saw cutters and replacement blades.

Now if someone would just call me to cut roots . . .

Last job was an ancient apartment building and I managed to get sewage full in the chest on that one. Thought I could hold the plug while the small head drained. Oddly, my pants only had one wet spot on them.

I cleaned myself up at home before coming back to rod the drain.

I had to stand on an old kitchen chair on a basement landing with the K-60 sitting under the floor on the cement deck over the small basement. Not quite enough room to move the handle effectively, but I can only imagine doing it with a drum machine.

I had to reach over the side of the basement wall into a cleanout in the unexcavated slither space. Otherwise, I would have had to pull a toilet and flood an apartment floor.

But the clog was just a soft stoppage at about 30' out and I took care of it quickly.

I sure do get weird ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Troy View Post
                I purchased about 6 of those spiral cutters, but after seeing them my hair stood up as I can imagine them getting stuck in pipe real easy. I still havn't used them, but my give them a try if people are saying they work so well. Just have to make sure the pipe isn't ovaled before I dive in.
                actually i find that if the cutter gets loade up with roots, i just put it in reverse to shake it off and use the hook of the cutter in reverse to tear it loose.

so far, i've had real good luck with the spiral saws and k-60.

since there is no auto feed, the cable will not be forced to advance.

i think all of us on the forum really like the spiral root saw. along with the 4 balde cutter and straight auger.

my reverse auger is also the best kept secret that i'm starting to use on the tough jobs.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X