Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-60 Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • K-60 Questions

    Just recieved my K-60 yesterday after checking it out wondering about additional items I should not leave home without. Residential only.

    1. I've got 150' 7/8" c-10 cable
    with t-101,t-102,t-107,t-125,t-150-1 I should get a spiral saw tooth cutter, Rick has mentioned 3 1/2" but don't see it in the catalog.

    2. I've got theA-35 kit that has the 5/8" "lighter wt. cable" 45' worth, realized there is a "heavier wt." cable in 10' lengths, should I have both?

    3. I think I remember someone mentioning in the past about using some kind of bucket instead of the guide hose.

    4. guide hose carried around in a cable carrier?

    5. Should I get a trap leader? (t-127)

    6. Has anyone replaced the jawset? wondering how durable.


    Haven't used on a job yet but seems pretty cool, starting to "get it"

    Thanks, wookie

  • #2
    Re: K-60 Questions

    Congrats on your new purchase!

    I'm a big drop head fan on the 5/8" cable

    My 60 is strictly an outdoor / rooftop machine... It may be that the 3.5" spiral saw is adapted from a T-14 (3.5" spiral saw cutter for the 1500 machine).

    Okie

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: K-60 Questions

      Wookie

      Congrats on the purchase

      As a recent K60 purchaser myself I can offer a few thoughts. The 7/8" trap leader is essential. A bit pricey in my opinion but you will save yourself a lot of aggravating fighting the cable through a trap.

      Rick will say otherwise but I believe the 3-1/2" spiral rootsaw is too large. That might be a custom head he has fabricated. Get the next size down T-111 3"

      The 3-1/2" is a tight fit in a 4" line with several turns. Come across a fitting that has separated because of roots and you got yourself a potential to get stuck. If you are working through cleanouts on straight runs go for the 3-1/2"

      Stick with the open wound 5/8" that you have but add 2 or 3 more sections to your arsenal.

      When using the 7/8" you will need a guide hose. I have the 12' not the 16'. Fits nicely inside the cable carrier with 3 lenths of 7/8"

      I've tried the bucket idea with the 5/8" and didn't like it.

      Jawsets are a snap to replace. They should last years with regular use. Proper cleaning is important.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: K-60 Questions

        I'm right behind you Wookie.Mines coming tomorrow.
        I'm pulling up the toilet in the master and going fishing tomorrow night.
        We're in a duplex...Hope this thing was plumbed correctly for a condo or else I'm coming up in JOE'S toilet

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: K-60 Questions

          Originally posted by wookie View Post
          Just recieved my K-60 yesterday after checking it out wondering about additional items I should not leave home without. Residential only.

          1. I've got 150' 7/8" c-10 cable
          with t-101,t-102,t-107,t-125,t-150-1 I should get a spiral saw tooth cutter, Rick has mentioned 3 1/2" but don't see it in the catalog.

          2. I've got theA-35 kit that has the 5/8" "lighter wt. cable" 45' worth, realized there is a "heavier wt." cable in 10' lengths, should I have both?

          3. I think I remember someone mentioning in the past about using some kind of bucket instead of the guide hose.

          4. guide hose carried around in a cable carrier?

          5. Should I get a trap leader? (t-127)

          6. Has anyone replaced the jawset? wondering how durable.


          Haven't used on a job yet but seems pretty cool, starting to "get it"

          Thanks, wookie
          I think 75' to 120' of 5/8" cable will suit you better.
          Kenneth Collier
          Maintenance and Sewer

          P.O. Box 9441
          Jackson, MS 39206
          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
          drainman881999@yahoo.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: K-60 Questions

            I've got 45' of 5/8" cable and I'm thinking it might be good to have more. One problem I see is getting past the small pipe into a main and grabbing something then not being able to pull it back.

            First thing I did was order a complete set of 4-blade cutters and a full set of root saws.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: K-60 Questions

              I went shopping online for various cutters and heads for a couple of my ridgid machines and had a hard time finding them all at one place...


              62860
              62920
              62925
              63050
              63020


              I ended up @ Alexandria General Supply ( Not an endorsement as I just placed the order tonight...lol)

              Where are you guys getting your cables, cutters, heads ect?

              Anybody have a one stop shop? for your K-60 and drum machine goodies?

              Okie

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: K-60 Questions

                Ricks gone the K-60 sucks lol
                3" root cutter not the 3 1/2
                small cable = small drain
                big cable = large drain
                try small cable in big drain -= bent cable on broken or hard clogged drain
                Seattle Drain Service

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: K-60 Questions

                  Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

                  Where are you guys getting your cables, cutters, heads ect?

                  Anybody have a one stop shop? for your K-60 and drum machine goodies?

                  Okie
                  I go through North State. They're outstanding in everyway possible.


                  I keep 75' of 5/8 cable because there's one particular style of house in my area that is long side to side and the 2" line is about 60-70 before it hits the main. If I can use 7/8 cable, I use whereever I can (2"pvc with a 1/8 bend).
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: K-60 Questions

                    One thing I forgot to mention. The 4 bladed cutters are my favorite but the k60 page only shows 2 sizes. I bought replacement blades from the K1500 from and the fit the holders no problem to give you a bigger range of size.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: K-60 Questions

                      Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      I go through North State. They're outstanding in everyway possible.


                      I keep 75' of 5/8 cable because there's one particular style of house in my area that is long side to side and the 2" line is about 60-70 before it hits the main. If I can use 7/8 cable, I use whereever I can (2"pvc with a 1/8 bend).
                      i greed with North Stste. great to do business with

                      i have 90' of 5/8 for my K-50

                      steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: K-60 Questions

                        Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        Ricks gone the K-60 sucks lol
                        3" root cutter not the 3 1/2
                        small cable = small drain
                        big cable = large drain
                        try small cable in big drain -= bent cable on broken or hard clogged drain
                        rick is not gone, just checking out the plumbing in costa rica.

                        look at some of the replacement cutter blades only for both the 7500 and the 1500. don´t order the blade holder as it´s useless for the 50 or 60.

                        also a dremel or die grinder can adapt a 3/8´´ hole to a proper rectangular hole on a coomn blade. ben and i both do this.

                        i´ll have to wait till i get home for more tips as the internet is spendy from the hotel

                        90´of 5/8´cable is a good call. and 150´of 7/8´´ is good too.

                        rick.
                        phoebe it is

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: K-60 Questions

                          I don't mean to Necro an old thread but I mentioned a company in this thread (Alexandria General Supply ) That I ordered a few heads and cutters from....

                          I get an email today days after I have placed the order telling me that everything I ordered is on backorder for 2 weeks, I call them to cancel the order ( I hate the website has it listed as in stock trick)... I get a guy on the phone that tells me he is going to call ridgid and see if he can get my stuff faster ( I was born at night but not yesterday night)...

                          I ask the gentleman to cancel my order and he says ok and tells me I will get a confirmation email shortly... ( That was 10 hours ago and no email).

                          I get the feeling I'm going to see a charge on my CC in a day or two from these folks

                          Buyer Beware...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: K-60 Questions

                            Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                            I ask the gentleman to cancel my order and he says ok and tells me I will get a confirmation email shortly... ( That was 10 hours ago and no email).

                            I get the feeling I'm going to see a charge on my CC in a day or two from these folks

                            Buyer Beware...
                            Why not call your credit card company and alert them so they don't put the charge through?
                            I love my plumber

                            "My Hero"

                            Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: K-60 Questions

                              Ordered my K-60 along with Seesnake and Scout thru Toolup.com been having great luck with them. Usually get it next day With just regular ground rates, they ship from Nevada and it gets to me in socal next day They waived shipping charges this time, I guess because it was a large enough order. They have a backorder on the 7/8" leader I ordered, they do keep in touch by email.

                              wookie

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X