• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My review: K-7500 Drum vs. K-60 Sectional

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    you can sure tell none of us are working today

I myself am waiting on the big $$$$$$$ phone call
    Either tonight or tomorrow might be busy days. On the radio, a DJ mentioned a statistic that 30 some percent of calls for plumbers are around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know if they meant in these next 4-5 weeks or the days right after each holiday.

Be prepared
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Thanks JC! I put some thought and effort into my review.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

For the record Carl,last week I bid $1,280 for a 7500 and was getting ready to go $1,380 in the last 15 seconds when I blew the shift down the backstretch.Lucky guy got his for $1,325.I will own one.I'm really scared of my ignorence and figure the 7500 may help me someday.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          I would have been 1st. across the finish line in our 5th. grade field games but {the very gracious} Shoshana Wasserstein bumped into me and I tripped

Not sure why that just popped into my head

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          And in the spirit of the holidays I think you should GOOGLE her and give the forum her number
          so we can all wish her Happy Thanksgiving.
          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          917 653 4782
          Just to followup.....

Mark, that number is no good I thought your investigative skills were better than that

It took some time (and money) to find Shoshana but I finally did

She was a no show to all the high school reunions. There were rumours that she moved to upstate New York to write romance novels under an alias. This made her very hard to find.

She recently moved back to the Wash DC area after raising kids and teaching school in Israel. She doesn't remember me or the incident in 5th grade but when I explained that it was a defining moment in my life she did apologize

You see, by winning that race and the evenually the admiration of Stephanie Humphries (aka Stephanie Hump for Free) would have put me on a different path in life. Jon Carmichael won that day and Stephanie had eyes for only him after that. After high school, Steph changed her name to Candie Yamms and moved to Atlantic City to become a stripper.

Anyways, just wanted to pass on the update and if anyone wants to deliver Shoshana a holiday greeting (text or voice) you may do so to this number:

202-438-1643

I forwarded this link to her email also.

Thanks Adam, without you, this would have left an open chapter in my life

Man, this forum is great therapy for me

Hi Shoshana
          Last edited by plumberscrack; 11-30-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Just to followup.....

Mark, that number is no good I thought your investigative skills were better than that

It took some time (and money) to find Shoshana but I finally did

She was a no show to all the high school reunions. There were rumours that she moved to upstate New York to write romance novels under an alias. This made her very hard to find.

She recently moved back to the Wash DC area after raising kids and teaching school in Israel. She doesn't remember me or the incident in 5th grade but when I explained that it was a defining moment in my life she did apologize

You see, by winning that race and the evenually the admiration of Stephanie Humphies (aka Stephanie Hump for Free) would have put me on a different path in life. Jon Carmichael won that day and Stephanie had eyes for only him after that. After high school, Steph changed her name to Candie Yamms and moved to Atlantic City to become a stripper.

Anyways, just wanted to pass on the update and if anyone wants to deliver Shoshana a holiday greeting (text or voice) you may do so to this number:

202-438-1643

I forwarded this link to her email also.

Thanks Adam, without you, this would have left an open chapter in my life

Man, this forum is great therapy for me

Hi Shoshana
            Oh that Shoshana Wasserstein!

My bad-Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I thought the number was 867-5301
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

The K-60 saved the day today. Had a 4" clay line going under a deck, with cleanout access under deck. No way a K-7500 drum was going to fit under there.
                Luckily I had the K-60 on the truck. First time I ever got the cable stuck. I was about to give up, when I finally got it loose using reverse and pulling with all my might for about 20 minutes. The auger head had buried itself in a log of roots.
                I went back in with the 3.5" spiral root-saw and that made a world of difference the K-60 EASILY chewed through the roots. Came back in chunks, but it was altogether about 10' packed with roots.

I didn't get any pics, because me and everything around was covered in flying roots and poop. No way I was handling a camera in those conditions. I video-inpspected the line and it was surprisingly intact, just very massive root-intrusion.

Comment

Glad to hear the K-60 saved your day. Thinking on getting that machine myself and thats what i like to hear! What cutter tip did you have when you got stuck? what cutters do you run? Any ones that you like or dislike?

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                    Glad to hear the K-60 saved your day. Thinking on getting that machine myself and thats what i like to hear! What cutter tip did you have when you got stuck? what cutters do you run? Any ones that you like or dislike?
                    Auger got stuck, as it cork-screwed into the roots. Spiral-saw blade cut through easily. it is the best root blade I ever used.
                    The auger head had buried itself in a log of roots.
                    I went back in with the 3.5" spiral root-saw and that made a world of difference the K-60 EASILY chewed through the roots.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      The K-60 saved the day today. Had a 4" clay line going under a deck, with cleanout access under deck. No way a K-7500 drum was going to fit under there.
                      Not so fast there
                      Going to where no man should have to go is this easy
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Allclear, this cleanout was about 25 feet under a CLOSED-IN deck/crawlspace, and turned under the deck. The K-7500 could not have gotten there in any way. The only way would have been to haul it up to the second floor and pull a toilet and fight through multiple turns. The K-60 was the best machine for the job in this situation.

I still prefer to use the K-7500, and it will be getting 90% of the sewer work, but the K-60 comes in handy for those other 10%.

Comment

Sounds like a job for a locate and a new C/O
                          That's one of them job`s you do once and if no C/O next time then call someone else
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X