Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My review: K-7500 Drum vs. K-60 Sectional

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Rick if all that hog wash was true then please tell me how I can and have been running a sewer/drain business with out owning a K-60?
    Yes I may have 3 or 4 jobs a year that a K-60 might be easier to use then my K-7500 but with all the sewer`s and drains I do a day, the numbers just don't add up. There is a reason the used K-60 is the hottest sewer machine on Ebay. People buy em and find out they don`t need em.
    In Business SPEED is money! K-7500 = SPEED
    I would own one if the price is right but only because I have a tool fetish, not because I think I really need one.
    I`ve never left a sewer clogged so I guess I really don't have to have one
    I hear Carl has a slightly used one which might be up for sale.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

you know if the roundup had a real heads up all around cleaning like i've suggested. the k-60 would have been the overall winner and the 7500 would have been at the bottom of the stairs waiting for the elevator that doesn't exist.

lets see, 2- 7500 and 3- 750 sitting at the shop.

the k-60 has taken the place of this. and the rare time i need to, i use the 1.25'' sectional with drill. typically 1 time a month.

keep the k-60 off the truck and stay with the 7500.

i'd love to see when you come back.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I think its interesting. Only drum guys (and Josh and Jc), have nominated this thread. If I had said that I preferred the K-60, rick, mark, ben and others would have nominated it.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Hold on Mark, I called first dibs. I gotta wait till Carl uses a drum more than 3 times though before he sells it.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Hold on Mark, I called first dibs. I gotta wait till Carl uses a drum more than 3 times though before he sells it.
            I doubt anyone will want to pay near full-price for a used one. I love the k-60, and I won't be selling it cheap...so probably never.

Maybe you should buy a drum!

Comment

Actually as a point of order I believe by default Rick has first dibs on all K-60 resells.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                I think its interesting. Only drum guys (and Josh and Jc), have nominated this thread. If I had said that I preferred the K-60, rick, mark, ben and others would have nominated it.
                Carl, I really like your thread but come on. I don't care what you use and it doesn't sway my opinion one way or the other. BTW- what did you think of Steve's thread where the cable whacked his leg?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  i would vote if it had more than a 1 day review of it.

it's credibility and i don't feel that the review so far is all it's cracked up to be.

review it again in a few months with 50 cleanings on it.

then i'll vote

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Actually as a point of order I believe by default Rick has first dibs on all K-60 resells.

Mark
                    I curse you and your infalliable logic. Can I at least get some credit for anything we did at the roundup or does Rick get to self proclaim he came up with all the events?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Carl, I really like your thread but come on. I don't care what you use and it doesn't sway my opinion one way or the other. BTW- what did you think of Steve's thread where the cable whacked his leg?
                      I think I am well aware of drum problems.
                      Originally posted by service guy review
                      Not as safe: A sectional is clutch-driven and the cables are more flexible. Thus the cables rarely break, and if there is a lot of torque, releasing the clutch instantly stops the cable from spinning. With a drum, the cable is very stiff, which allows enormous torque to build. This is great for breaking stoppages, but can be dangerous. If the cable is wound to tight, it will twist or snap or jump out of the cleanout. Once the drum switch is stopped, the drum keeps spinning due to momentum and cannot be stopped. Thus with a sewer-drum, the user has to be very cautious not to allow too much torque to build.
                      The K-6200 was notorious for snapping cables before Ridgid improved the torque-limiter. That is the main reason I started with a K-60 in my own business. But a belt-driven K-7500, winds up and slows down so there is an audible warning when it gets close to snapping. I think Steve just had an unlucky day.

Comment

I curse you and your infalliable logic. Can I at least get some credit for anything we did at the roundup or does Rick get to self proclaim he came up with all the events?
                        What totally spanking Rick in arm wrestling wasn't enough for you?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          i would vote if it had more than a 1 day review of it.

it's credibility and i don't feel that the review so far is all it's cracked up to be.

review it again in a few months with 50 cleanings on it.

then i'll vote

rick.
                          Yeah right, if I had praised the K-60 as the winner, your response here would be completely different and everyone here knows that.

Comment

Okay before this gets too far out of hand (sorry secret buddy), there has been a concerted effort through PMs this morning to drive you crazy in this thread. We are really okay with whatever machine makes you happy. Like they say different strokes for different folks.

Mark

Comment

I don't get it Steve. I'd like to think that by now, I can call Carl a friend and friends are honest with each other. This is how we learn from each other. He tells us he's used a big drum machine 3 times and he's giving us a review. I love Carl like a brother(don't be gay, Rick) but is his bashing of the sectionals really right?

But it's not my place to judge him I'm just making an observation. If he likes the 7500 then so be it. All I know is I dated the wif more than 3 times before I married her.
                              So all those years dating the K-6200 doesn't count as drum experience? So a k-6200 is not really a drum? Could have fooled me.

Comment

Sorry Carl, I was the drive-carl-crazy-coordinator. I guess I was too bored and you're to easy to get spun up. I'm cool with you liking your 7500. Now if you said a maxi-rooter or some crap like that, it would've game on.
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X