Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild question for my K-60 (suitcase style)

I recently changed the clutch on my old suitcse style K-60 and ever since I have been have trouble with the clutch spinning off center and binding up. The motor will stop and there will be metal shavings from the new clutch jaws. Does anyone have a detailed parts diagram that I can look at. It looks like there are supposed to be those spiral springs on both sides of the jaws...but there is currently only one.....on the forward side of the unit. Thanks in advance.

-James

Re: Rebuild question for my K-60 (suitcase style)

Plumber Rick will have one.

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
      I recently changed the clutch on my old suitcse style K-60 and ever since I have been have trouble with the clutch spinning off center and binding up. The motor will stop and there will be metal shavings from the new clutch jaws. Does anyone have a detailed parts diagram that I can look at. It looks like there are supposed to be those spiral springs on both sides of the jaws...but there is currently only one.....on the forward side of the unit. Thanks in advance.

-James
      Does this help?

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/15C2DCE...Machine_PL.pdf

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yeah, the drawing helps...I only see one of the springs in there(Part # 39)....so I'm still not sure why it's binding. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Plumber Rick will have one.

Okie
          not yet, but i have looked into getting one for the nostalgic value.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

So......I'm guessing no one has ever had one of these jaw sets bind up on their cable when pushing the lever down?

Comment

On my new K 60 the back bearing was always freezing up no matter how clean I kept it. My suitcase type had parts that would freeze up too. I tried spraying it with PB penetrating oil then running it working the lever up and down. Well the machine went boom when the switch was turned on, it shot like a cannon and I had to make a mad dash to the hospital and they had to use what looked like a grinder to get the mettle shavings out of my eye. It now sits with my New K 60 in the museum I don't know if they fixed the bugs with the K 60 but even Theo it had the power the home owner would say I thought you had a big machine that little thing I don't think will get it open I think I need to get one of those guys with a big machine. I tried to explain that without the wheel carriage It was light enough to carry and had the power, it was all motor but with no luck I lost a lot of jobs when it got around that I just used a small machine I showed them I had a 1500 in the van with 1 1/4 " cables but that the K 60 was all I could get in the tight place I had to work but it would get the line as clean. After the bearing froze the last time I tried the route 66 then went back to the 1500 till I got the 7500. I guess this is one time when size really doss matter

Comment

Anyone have a Pic (Not the schematic please) of the old suitcase K60?

J.C.

Comment

Not very good pictures but I found these on ebay.

Mark
                  Attached Files
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                  X