Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-60 in roots?

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
    What are the advantages of using the drill versus a drain cleaner and wouldnt it be dangerous?
    As I havent seen this stuff in australia
    Regards
    greg
    takes up no room in the truck

you can get it into tight spots and go up on roofs if need be.

so far i have not been bit with a drill set up.

the general 88 uses 10' long cables that lay out in front of the push style machine identical to the electric eel.

15' cables might get scary with the slack.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
      I take it that using a drill and sectional would be hard inside a house since you would need 15' of a "straightaway".
      We run 8 foot sections and have a few 4 footers so if you get to a tough spot half way in you can switch to the 4' and work it. We have used them inside quite often. As long as you have 8 feet your good to go. We do use drum machines as well it all depends on the job. If it is a finished basement and the 7500 won't cut it out come the tarps and the sectional will get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        takes up no room in the truck

you can get it into tight spots and go up on roofs if need be.

so far i have not been bit with a drill set up.

the general 88 uses 10' long cables that lay out in front of the push style machine identical to the electric eel.

15' cables might get scary with the slack.

rick.
        So if I get this right you might be fighting a hard blockage with 9 or 10 foot of cable out of the c/o? Or do you put small sections on if the going gets tuff?

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
          So if I get this right you might be fighting a hard blockage with 9 or 10 foot of cable out of the c/o? Or do you put small sections on if the going gets tuff?
          i have all 10' sections and a 4' single length.

basically 10' go in untill i hit a hard spot and if it is too much slack, i swap to a 4' piece to clear it. so it is either a 4' section or the balance of the 10' section (6') hanging out.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

it's late for the east coast guys

on the small stuff /1.5'' and 2'', i use my k-50 with 5/8'', but the k-60 will also run the 5/8'' too

rick.
            Hi Rick

Why don't you use the K-60 with the 5/8 cable instead of the K -50.

How many shares do you have in Ridgid or are you working on the take over bid.

Simon

Comment

I'm not sure about Rick's reasons but to me the K-50 is smaller and easier to get into smaller areas. It also has a much smaller rear guide hose so it is easier to deal with. I did however snake my own kitchen drain last week with my K-60 and 5/8" cable as my K-50 was buried under empty Christmas decoration boxes.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Name:  8472a15aa10755789b2a74e9b8990cfd.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  138.7 KB

It's a heavy duty drill with a cable adapter for 1-1/4" cables

I can't believe you guys pass around pic's of my precious EDITH like she's some kind of common tramp
                Attached Files
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  I can't believe you guys pass around pic's of my precious EDITH like she's some kind of common tramp
                  My bad

Didn't know I had to ask permission to date her

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    My bad

Didn't know I had to ask permission to date her

Sorry man, it's just that shes the most loyal and reliable tool I've ever known. We have developed an unbreakable bond. She is my Christina (Steven King book, with the car). She is my Ricks K-60. She is my Saysfluables bidet. She is my Wousskos howl. She is my allclears drum machineShe is my Gear Junkies armed forcesShe is my Mrs. Ricks RickShe is my Smorris' VespaShe is my Josh's RidgidforumShe is my Havac Hawks Rosie.ETC.........

Last edited by Gene Bickford; 12-02-2008, 07:12 PM.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Plumbing View Post
                      Hi Rick

Why don't you use the K-60 with the 5/8 cable instead of the K -50.

How many shares do you have in Ridgid or are you working on the take over bid.

Simon
                      simon, i wish i owned stock in ridgid, but it's actually emerson electric i would have to buy

the k-50 is a good size unit and only run 5/8'' with it. i don't use the drum adapters on the 50.

i have run 5/8'' with my k-60, but only when i'm also using 7/8'' too.

p.s. i want to make mark feel good so i bought 4 -k-50's. it's his favorite

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

So what do you do to make Joey feel good? Buy her 4 diamond rings?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

That'd be some serious bling bling

Here's what I'd do if I was in rick's shoes, now that you've just committed him,

CRY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnZnLNyjnZE

Name:  7427cc02edbc27a82c80f84f69c5a066.gif
Views: 1
Size:  16.4 KB
                          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-03-2008, 01:07 AM.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            As always you are a wise man. I'm sure during Rick's lifetime he will buy at least 4-diamond rings.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              As always you are a wise man. I'm sure during Rick's lifetime he will buy at least 4-diamond rings.

Mark
                              joey used to get excited when i told her i was out buying diamonds

until she realized that the diamonds i was buying were blades and core bits

so now it's no big deal to talk diamonds.

rick.

p.s. dunbar, i don't go to libraries. why cry

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

p.s. dunbar, i don't go to libraries. why cry

rick.

I'd be crying if I had to buy 4 diamond rings, and I'd be hiding out in a library reading up ways to make my own out of coal.

Got plenty of that here in Kantuckee
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X