Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60 warranty saga

Originally posted by HighlandS&D View Post
    Rick is your next big showing going to be at the Pumper/Cleaner expo?
    joey and i went to the show 6 years ago.

i'll wait for the next roundup.

who knows, maybe i'll surprise them with something up my sleeve

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Well got K-60 back today, looks like Ridgid has been following my saga,Ridgid covered the cost of next day delivery. THANKYOU!

No details from We Do Equip. on what problem was just that the motor was defective.

Root plugged drains bring it on!

Thanks to all.

wookie

Comment

Good to hear Ridgid is holding up their reputation.

Wookie got his shipping back!

J.C.

Comment

I'm not busting anybodies chops but what kind of service do you expect when you save big money buying on the internet.

I hear plumbers complaining about people saving money buying product on the internet, well whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I know they are a Ridgid warrenty shop but I bet they make very little money on warrenty work. Little money makes for bad service.

Yes I buy on the internet, I don't expect a local company to bail me out when I take the money away from them. Why not send it back to the place you saved so much money from?

O.K. let the arrows fly

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Rick loves the roundup because he can be the center of attention and Joey loves the roundup because he doesn't have to be the center of her attention.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
              I'm not busting anybodies chops but what kind of service do you expect when you save big money buying on the internet.

I hear plumbers complaining about people saving money buying product on the internet, well whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I know they are a Ridgid warrenty shop but I bet they make very little money on warrenty work. Little money makes for bad service.

Yes I buy on the internet, I don't expect a local company to bail me out when I take the money away from them. Why not send it back to the place you saved so much money from?

O.K. let the arrows fly
              closest i can get to an arrow

considering that the tool was purchased at a preferred ridgid distributor.

in fact ridgid even held their traveling "ridgid road show" there.

wookie purchased it like anyone else would. looking to save a buck and get the item fast. remember that the k-60 is not stocked locally as was already mentioned. toolup has them in stock for immediate shipping.

mckinney is a factory authorized ridigid repair facility. they get paid by ridgid for all warranty repairs.

when was the last time you purchased anything from a store that actually repairs the product in house? mckinney is 1 of a couple hundred ridgid repair shops. yet there are thousands upon thousands of ridgid retailers.

we're lucky to have a place like mckinney that is geared to the drain cleaning industry. try buying replacement cutters, parts from your local plumbing supply house.

why do you think other companies advertise in the cleaner?
              to make sales

why do you advertise your bidet seats nationally?

sure mckinney would like to have the sale and the service. but they will get the parts and accessories sales since they're local.

i felt it was initially handled wrong, and then corrected when it came to light. i think wookie got what he or anyone else should have. good service with little down time.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

For a little back ground, when I first started using Ridgid drain cleaning equipment (30+ years ago) there were no local supply house stocking any Ridgid drain cleaning equipment. I use to have to drive 40-miles to get to the JM McKinney store in Hawthorne. It was not a drive I cared to make as it was on the other side of Los Angeles for me and even then traffic was bad. However, I was never sorry I'd made the drive down there. When Ridgid first came out with the first SeeSnake I bought it from JM McKinney. My first jetter was a JM McKinney Maxi-Jetter which all these years later is still in service. I do admit to buying things online to save money but I have recommended JM McKinney so many times over the years to other plumbers I'm sure I have sent some business to them as well.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Where the product is bought should not matter in the least. What if you moved out of state, are you going to drive or ship your tools maybe 100's of mile to where you bought them!! dought that. Even the local supply shop is looking for ways to save a buck, how do you think they stay in business, its not by charging everybody the most money they can. It was warrenty work and they are a service center, should have been no questions asked.

Just my thoughts, and who am I but a dumb ol sprinkler guy anyway.

G3

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    closest i can get to an arrow

considering that the tool was purchased at a preferred ridgid distributor.

in fact ridgid even held their traveling "ridgid road show" there.

wookie purchased it like anyone else would. looking to save a buck and get the item fast. remember that the k-60 is not stocked locally as was already mentioned. toolup has them in stock for immediate shipping.

mckinney is a factory authorized ridigid repair facility. they get paid by ridgid for all warranty repairs.

when was the last time you purchased anything from a store that actually repairs the product in house? mckinney is 1 of a couple hundred ridgid repair shops. yet there are thousands upon thousands of ridgid retailers.

we're lucky to have a place like mckinney that is geared to the drain cleaning industry. try buying replacement cutters, parts from your local plumbing supply house.

why do you think other companies advertise in the cleaner?
                    to make sales

why do you advertise your bidet seats nationally?

sure mckinney would like to have the sale and the service. but they will get the parts and accessories sales since they're local.

i felt it was initially handled wrong, and then corrected when it came to light. i think wookie got what he or anyone else should have. good service with little down time.

rick.
                    O.K. O.K. Just a few things I've learned. Never go to a gun shop to look at the gun you want before buying it from a friend with an FFL. and expect good service from the gun shop again.

Go to a car dealership 50 miles away to save a few hundred then bring it to the one in your neighborhood for warrenty and expect good service.

Let me loose a bid on a water heater and think I'm going to warrenty it on the weekend or evening I don't care if the motel is full in a tourist town, twice before the commercial warrenty was up. Now that the warrenty is up and they are paying my rates. I keep the water heaters working anytime for them.

Is my thinking wrong? maybe

Comment

Rick explained my thougts on this whole episode, I was hoping and kinda figured once my experience was made public the partys involved would step up. McKinney and Ridgid are class acts in my book.We Do Equipment took care of the k-60 just fine as the warranty shop but I will be using Mckinney as first choice in future, they are 10 min away/ done business in the past / Hirsch Supply is across the street and Blakes BBQ is their next door neighbor

Most likely when buying a single piece of equipment , I'll go local ,I don't mind spending a little more but $1200.00 + no way. I explained this to Mckinney when I asked them for they're pricing of course they were bummed but understood

Internet has really changed things thats for sure good and bad. We'll always need a resource like a local Mckinney. We are spoiled here in SoCal having most everthing at our fingertips. Having to mailorder and ship everything like a lot of the country has to do makes me count myself lucky.

wookie

Comment

Working...
                      X