X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 warranty saga

As posted previously my brand new k-60 failed me on its maiden drain caper. The reason for this post is NOT to embarrass anyone but to hopefully fix the system. I will be doing business in the future with all parties so don't want to burn bridges. Anyway a week ago took my broken k-60 to JM Mckinney in Anaheim first question was what is it? I know its not common around here so it was kinda funny Next question where did you buy it? Internet, well we can't touch it, it will void the warranty, we'll send it to Ridgid I suggest a call to Jeff ( i believe is the owner ) I listen to my end of the counter guys call and yes it will have to go to ridgid for repair So thanks but no thanks. Call Ridgid tell them story and they give me two other names, Westside and We Do Equipment. Call westside they send them out to Mckinney We Do Equip works on them onsite take it out to them and found out today it needs a new motor so it will be ordered tommorrow, I'm going to pop for next day air to move things along. Also took my k-39 to Mckinney they replaced the switch while I waited under warranty... I purchased the k-39 from Mckinney .

Maybe Ridgid doesn't compensate well enough to make it worth a shops trouble to deal with warranty issues?

I did try to buy my k-60, seesnake and scout through mckinney but I saved @ $1200.00 going through Toolup.com

Will I deal with Mckinney in the future absolutely Yes, the guys there are cool just wish issues of warranty can be smoothed out.

So hopefully by the end of the week I'll have my k-60 back so I can see what all the hype is about it.

wookie

Re: K-60 warranty saga

Someone can correct me but I believe Jeff started out working for Ridgid. I recall him 20-years ago or more as a Ridgid Rep. I am not sure why they would care where you bought your K-60 though. I bought my ToolCase monitor from Toolup.com and JM McKinney handled the warranty issue for me.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

sounds like a little run around.

the tool is under warranty. mckinney is a factory authorized warranty repair shop. they get paid from ridgid to repair the item, i think

did ridgid c/s shed any light?

what's wrong with the motor?

hope it gets up and runnig so you can get some roots in it.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I agree Mark, place of purchase shouldn't matter. Curious thing the two people I spoke with at rigid didn't suggest a call by rigid to mckinney to clear up the matter just refered me to other shops. Rigid doesn't seem to have it together.

wookie

Comment

They didn't say what the problem was Rick just that it needed to be replaced.

Rick is this why you have duplicate Rigid machines

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by wookie View Post
            They didn't say what the problem was Rick just that it needed to be replaced.

wookie
            that's what i tell joey

actually it's nice to have a duplicate on certain machines as there is no duplicating what it can do. like a propress. or pipe freezer.

when your livelihood depends on tools, you better have all you need to get it done

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              that's what i tell joey

actually it's nice to have a duplicate on certain machines as there is no duplicating what it can do. like a propress. or pipe freezer.

when your livelihood depends on tools, you better have all you need to get it done

rick.

wookie

Comment

Name:  9991a373c6370b0abbb79cb329b56837.gif
Views: 1
Size:  11.9 KB
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by wookie View Post

wookie
                  Rick buys everything in multiples. As our friend Steve always says, Rick is good for the economy
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Wookie, this is Jeff Einbund, the owner of the JM McKinney Company. I am very dissapointed to not only hear about your dilema, but also to read about it here on this forum.

We are celebrating our 60th anniversary this year and our company was founded on "Customer Service". We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service on each and every product we service "REGARDLESS" of where it was purchased.

Not to make light of this issue, but we did have an employee problem at this particular location, and have since resolved the problem.

Unfortunately, this matter was not handled in the manner I would have liked to have seen it handled. The proper way to handle this would have been to order in a motor, replace it and send the defective one into RIDGID for inspection. This way, you the customer is back up and running and happy with not only the product purchased, but also the service experience we provided.

Once again, I regret that this situation was handled this way. If there is ever anything I can do to make your experience (or anyone else on this forum) with the JM Mckinney Company a positive one, I can be reached at (800) 821-7275.

I am sorry for any inconvience this might have caused you and look forward to serving you again soon in the future.

Sincerely, Jeff Einbund (JM McKinney Company)
                    Last edited by JM McKinney Company; 12-02-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

See Wookie, we told you to talk to Jeff
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Alright, I'm calling baloney on everything but the Forum. Without the Forum, wookie would have gotten even less help and the runaround.

Just like MOST warranties now.

Jeff should be given recognition as a businessman trying to correct problems that arise sometimes.

But I have to question if someone called him and told him to post a reply on the Forum? Seems to take something away if that's the case.

Either way, hope everything works out for you wookie.

J.C.

(I know this won't be a popular opinion)
                        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-02-2008, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JM McKinney Company View Post
                          Wookie, this is Jeff Einbund, the owner of the JM McKinney Company. I am very dissapointed to not only hear about your dilema, but also to read about it here on this forum.

We are celebrating our 60th anniversary this year and our company was founded on "Customer Service". We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service on each and every product we service "REGARDLESS" of where it was purchased.

Not to make light of this issue, but we did have an employee problem at this particular location, and have since resolved the problem.

Unfortunately, this matter was not handled in the manner I would have liked to have seen it handled. The proper way to handle this would have been to order in a motor, replace it and send the defective one into RIDGID for inspection. This way, you the customer is back up and running and happy with not only the product purchased, but also the service experience we provided.

Once again, I regret that this situation was handled this way. If there is ever anything I can do to make your experience (or anyone else on this forum) with the JM Mckinney Company a positive one, I can be reached at (800) 821-7275.

I am sorry for any inconvience this might have caused you and look forward to serving you again soon in the future.

Sincerely, Jeff Einbund (JM McKinney Company)
                          WHAT?
                          Company makes mistake. Companys owner comes on a public forum and admits it, takes steps to correct/prevent it and even apoligies for the mix up???
                          I'm impressed!!!!
                          Wish I could get that here in Maine, Hint hint Jeff.
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Alright, I'm calling baloney on everything but the Forum.

In some parts of North America right now, lobster is cheaper than baloney or ground beef per pound............

So maybe someone should call LOBSTER on everything but the forum.

Heh.
                            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Good one. Alright then, I"M CALLING LOBSTER!

Customer has an expensive, warranted, almost new tool give problems immediately.

Takes it to service center. Denied because it was purchased off the net.

Tells the counterperson to call the owner. He does. (ASSUMING THIS. DID HE REALLY CALL JEFF?) Denied again.

Calls Ridgid. Given two places to carry it in. Calls one place-they say they send them out to THE FIRST PLACE.

Goes to the second place and it needs a new motor. Probably almost never happens but it did.

Then the customer has to "pop for next day air" to repair an expensive, warranted, almost new tool.

Maybe I expect some people or companies to do what I would.

If I install your water heater and it fails under warranty, AND the supplier won't back it, AND the manufacturer won't back it.

I BACK IT THAT DAY. FOR NO COST WITH AN APOLOGY.

Maybe I'm wrong.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X