Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joeys k-60 mobile

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post

I never said that, I have more then enough room. I just dont need a sectional

I do, I own many that you`ll never see sewer equipment in. I have a work truck for that uses
    I believe you are taking my statement literally while I said it metaphorically. It's not about having room in your truck it is about having the right tool for the job. There are some drains where a drum machine is the right machine and others where a sectional is the right machine. As Pros all of my plumbing trucks carried both and my plumbers decided which one was best for the task at hand.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      There are some drains where a drum machine is the right machine and others where a sectional is the right machine.
      Mark
      I wish someone would show me these drains that I shouldnt use a drum machine on. I just havent found any myself
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I wish someone would show me these drains that I shouldnt use a drum machine on. I just havent found any myself
        If you truly do not understand I'm afraid no one can explain it to you.

Mark

Comment

I truly do NOT understand as I dont own any sectionals and have never had a drain I couldnt get to with a drum machine

Help me understand and show me

Comment

I truly do NOT understand as I dont own any sectionals and have never had a drain I couldnt get to with a drum machine

Help me understand and show me
            I don't have any pictures as I don't take pictures of what you should be doing but I will keep you in mind. Just remember, there is a big difference between doing a job and doing it right.

Two years ago when you were posting about getting back into plumbing after a 24-year hiatus you posted you were planning on buying a K-60 to add to your K-7500. What made you think it was a good idea to own a sectional then and now you see no need for it? I'm not questioning your ability to Jerry-rig stuff to make it work, I am saying there are better ways to do a job. I like having the option of having the choice of what type of machine to use even though I could get by with a single machine. I guess it is like owning a single 18" pipe wrenches with a bunch of cheaters or owning the right size and type of pipe wrench for the job at hand.

Mark
            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-24-2008, 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

cant we all just get along its Christmas??!!??
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                cant we all just get along its Christmas??!!??

NO!

Pass the biscuits before I throw brown gravy at ya!
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

The first thing, anyone (including Rick & Steve) who really believe there is no place on a plumbing truck for both a drum machine and a sectional machine is a dope.
                  Well at least we agree on something. At least I am not a dope in your book when it comes to drain machines. I keep 3 drums and a K-60 on the truck. And one day will be getting a K-50 too just because I think open-wind cable does the best job in certain situations. Though I bet when it comes to politics and business, you think I am the dopiest of the forum.
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    Well at least we agree on something. At least I am not a dope in your book when it comes to drain machines. I keep 3 drums and a K-60 on the truck. And one day will be getting a K-50 too just because I think open-wind cable does the best job in certain situations. Though I bet when it comes to politics and business, you think I am the dopiest of the forum.

I really don't believe anyone here is a dope. I also believe disagreement is healthy as long as it is done respectfully. I have learned much more from those I disagree with than those I agree with.

Mark
                    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-24-2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I'm not questioning your ability to Jerry-jig stuff to make it work,
                      Mark
                      How am I Jerry-jig stuff?
                      How is my way not doing the same job
                      How is it my machine slows down and dosen`t do the same job it does with out a Jerry-jig access

Please tell me because I just don't understand how I can slow down or limit the cleaning my machines do when I pipe to a C/O

Comment

How am I Jerry-jig stuff?
                        How is my way not doing the same job
                        How is it my machine slows down and dosen`t do the same job it does with out a Jerry-jig access

Please tell me because I just don't understand how I can slow down or limit the cleaning my machines do when I pipe to a C/O
                        That's fine Steve if you don't understand we will have to agree to disagree. There is a lot more involved than simply access to a cleanout. Different machines have different RPMs and different configurations which allow them to have different cleaning and cable types. Different cleaning and cable types give you different access and different cleaning abilities.

Mark

Comment

Why do you keep beating around the bush Mark? Just answerer my questions.
                          I`m asking because I want to know if there is something I`ve been missing.

Comment

Steve, I don't think there is a blockage a good operator couldn't correct with a drum or a sectional machine.

I personally like the way you think around obstacles with your machines.

I think you would grab a sectional once in a while if you had it. I as a plumber can get a feel sometimes as to where a blockage will be based on what's going on in the plumbing and how it was done.

Example: Running water at a fixture and figuring the amount of time before the backup. You've probably done this yourself.

So if you run into one of these situations and let's say access to the plumbing is in the basement. You get a good feel that the blockage is 20' from your drop in point. You can take two sections of cable and a K-60 in and take care of it faster than bringing your drum in. Especially if you have a history of the property. And 1 guy could do it while you could leave running the 7500 somewhere else. Or writing up the invoice in the truck.

The drum is cleaner from what I've seen. Arguments are redundant. I can be clean with sectionals too. But prep time and it's operation factor in and as always, time is $$$$.

Must always use the best tool for the job while also calculating setup, operation, & cleanup.

There seem to be times when both sides are insistent on using one type of machine when they'd be better off using the other type.

Sidenote to the original topic: I agree with Mark. Whatever vehicle to get it done. I've roughed in slabs out of my Honda Accord.

J.C.
                            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-24-2008, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Why do you keep beating around the bush Mark? Just answerer my questions.
                              I`m asking because I want to know if there is something I`ve been missing.
                              Here is one I had a few years ago. There was a 20,000 sq. ft. building in an industrial center. The roof and recently been re-roofed at which time the hot mop crew spilled tar down the 2" roof drains, overflows and condensate sink in the equipment well. Access to the roof was via a 30" scuttle at the top of a 20' ladder. I used a K-50 with 5/8" cable and a 4-blade cutter to grind up the hot mop. I'm sure I could have found other ways to get equipment on the roof but the K-50 was a better machine for the job and easier to get to the drain.

Mark
                              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-24-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Mark I could put 1/2 cable in my cordless drum machine and do that job. I have ran 1/2 cable in it to clear a grease clog on a kitchen sink via the vent stack.
                                Yester day I used it to clear a 4" main line soft blockage via the roof vent stack

Comment

Working...
                                X