Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joeys k-60 mobile

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Mark I could put 1/2 cable in my cordless drum machine and do that job. I have ran 1/2 cable in it to clear a grease clog on a kitchen sink via the vent stack.
    Yester day I used it to clear a 4" main line soft blockage via the roof vent stack
    LOL - How many batteries do you think it would take you to clear 40+ drains full of tar? I'm sure with the torque required to cut the hardened tar you would be lucky if a battery lasted long enough for a single drain. It took two of us the majority of the day to snake and test all of the drains. I guess the overflows could have been done with a drum machine from the ground as they day lighted out but we did them all from the roof.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark
      funny you ask about how many batteries, I only used one battery for 2 days while I was schooling Greg...lol He now whats one of these Cordless Drum Machines as he saw me use it under a trailer house to clear a main line, On a roof top to clear a main line. It`s an 18 Volt Dewalt so torque is not a problem

It`s just like my 18 Volt W/C auger I used it many times with out a battery change
      You call it Jerry-jig
      I call it being Innovative and making quility tools for the jobs I face from day to day and making my job much faster and using less effort to get good results.

Now tell me about those jobs I shouldnt use a drum machine on?

BTW.... I just got back from using my Cordless W/C auger to clear a septic tank outlet for an ejector pit. How would you have cleared that with either machine when the outlet was 6` down in the ejector pit? Now keep in mind it was cold rock hard grease
      I was in and out in less then 1 minute
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Sidenote to the original topic: I agree with Mark. Whatever vehicle to get it done. I've roughed in slabs out of my Honda Accord.

J.C.
        Thanks for bringing us back on topic. There was a time where we had to pick between a station wagon for Brenda or a roughin truck for the business. Yeah, Brenda ended up with a choice between driving one of the 8' Skaug utility trucks or a 10' Skaug rough-in truck when dropping the kids off at school or going to the grocery store. It didn't take too long to buy her a station wagon as well but as a team player she knew we would make more money with a rough-in truck than with a station wagon.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post

You call it Jerry-jig
          Actually I call it Jerry rig(ged) but you quoted my typo. I might buy you could clean one roof drain full of tar with a battery powered snake but there is no way you are going to clean over 40-drains full of hardened tar with a cordless snake.

Mark

Comment

I have 2 18 volt batteries and I also have a 15 minute charger when needed

Hey Mark
            I also got to thinking yep I do that once in a while...
            I forgot that I also have a K-380 that I use to do the roof vents with (sets in the shop now) and I bet it would have cleared the tar as well. BTW... that`s another drum machine
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-24-2008, 06:57 PM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
              I got to admit the picture of the K 60 in back shocked me. No seatbelt!! and he didn't let it ride in the front seat and put her in back? come on who are you? your not Rick he would never do that to his K 60. we better start a man hunt ! We demand him back.
              I think I see what happened after reading all the posts. They took Rick to keep him out of the competition and replaced him with a clone. I bet the K 60 is a clone too as they probably held a blow torch to his K 60 so he would go quietly (Those fiends ). We should offer a $0.50 reward for him dead or alive.Ah I mean just alive and a $500.000.00 for the return of his K 60

Comment

wow, I just found this post and really cool

Sorry I was late , I am just doing TONS of research on drain machines, and I feel there is NOTHING wrong with bumping cool posts

Comment

Working...
                X