Joeys k-60 mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joeys k-60 mobile

joey needed me to take her to get her oil changed on her purple chevy hhr.

i needed to get to an emergency about 3 miles from where we were going anyways. taking my truck and her car would be a waste.

knowing what the problem is and what it takes to get it done was why i chose to put my k-60 and 90' of 7/8'' cable, cutter, cord in the back of her hatchback. of course she didn't know it was there when we left for her errands.

when we get to costco, i fill her tank $21.00, oil change $26.00 and in-n-out burger and fries, drink for 2, $11.00. so taking her car cost me $58.00 for the 1/2 hour i was using it for the job. she did do my invoicing while i was working and charged time and a 1/2 on sunday 4:45pm

nothing like having a sewer machine that fits in a hatchback that doesn't require a ramp/ lift, or strong back.

look at the size difference between her car and my truck

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: Joeys k-60 mobile

If this thread gets nominated for any reason whatsoever, I'm going straight to the president of Ridgid and asking for a temporary insanity plea.

Rick, what kept joey from NOT puking those burgers and fries back up after you cleared that line and put it back in that clean, sanitary car???

Oh wait, maybe a clear water clog? Was those pictures after you cleared the line? Damn clear water clogs, how does this happen in Ca so much, dammit!

You saved maybe $15 in fuel but destroyed the sanctity of the only vehicle not K-60ized until now. For all that is sacred rick, why the wife's car?!

Oh and I like that shade of blue foam pad, they only got dark gray in my woods. Great for kneeling down but don't dare stand on one on a wet floor, dangerous.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-21-2008, 10:32 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

My old lady would kick the crap out of me if I even thought about doing something like that
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

It was ok. He put them on my Mickey Mouse rubber mats

The stoppage was from water and roots. No biggie. This kind of stuff just doesn't bother me.

A girl's gotta pick her battles and this is just not one of them for me. Now, arm wrestling is a whole other story
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Where is the rear cable guide hose and studded mitten ? I could never get regular leather gloves to work with my K 60 when they got wet the cable would grab the glove. I would love to ditch that mitten with what it costs.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

For all that is sacred rick, why the wife's car?!

The job was blocks from where I needed to get my oil changed. It is not worth driving 2 cars in LA holiday traffic. I have a bit of a sinus infection and my medicine makes me sleepy so I was happy not to drive.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

i rarely use the rear guide hose. actually i did use it yesterday on an indoor white carpeted job yesterday.

the leather gloves work great till i wear them and fray the glove between my thumb and index finger. then they will grab. the great safety factor is that you let off the clutch and it stops.

the gloves i use are $1.00 a pair on sale and i buy them by the box. they last typically 5 jobs. i still wear nitryl underneath

never used the riveted gloves except at the roundup

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I got some rubber gloves with my new K-7500 that I like real well now that I gave em a try. I`m gonna get some more of em being I like so much.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

we also drove it to the san diego ridgid road show (120 milesx2) last year to meet up with josh and company. the k-60 and cable was there too.

i didn't even bother to wash off the cable today as the running water from cleaning the stoppage washes it clean. the high speed spins it off and the open cage allows it to drip dry.

i don't oil it other than the couplings since the cable is not sitting in a wet drum all day.

i've used my tahoe many times for running around the hills and dragging my trailer jetter and bursting trailer.

unless the stoppage is still there and not cleared, the muck all washes away while i'm running the machine with water in the line.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    It was ok. He put them on my Mickey Mouse rubber mats

The stoppage was from water and roots. No biggie. This kind of stuff just doesn't bother me.

A girl's gotta pick her battles and this is just not one of them for me. Now, arm wrestling is a whole other story

Well.. That confirms it Rick, she's a keeper!

Was that the "test" or do you have even more planned?
                    If I were you I wouldn't push it
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

This just confirms exactly how nuts Rick really is. He loves the K-60 a little too much. Watch out Joey, if you let him get away with this, where do you draw the line? Next you'll wake up and the K-60 will be in bed with you! Watch out!
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        This just confirms exactly how nuts Rick really is. He loves the K-60 a little too much. Watch out Joey, if you let him get away with this, where do you draw the line? Next you'll wake up and the K-60 will be in bed with you! Watch out!
                        I know of a video that may confirm your suspicions. Saw it at the Roundup. Ask Mark for it....i'm sure he'd show it to you.
                        www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

no, nuts is when you send the girlfriend out for a parts run. 2 no hub fittings and they put them in the trunk of a brand new t-bird to roll around/ no box.

joey blew it and so did the supply house. i married joey and dumped the supply house

rick.

p.s. the t-bird can't fit a closet auger
                          phoebe it is

Comment

BTW Rick, you'll be happy to know that the K-60 AND the K-7500 are on the truck fulltime now. And I have utilized the K-60 more than once in the past few weeks. So I am not 100% a drum guy. There are still jobs where the K-60 is the better and faster choice than a drum.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

BTW Rick, you'll be happy to know that the K-60 AND the K-7500 are on the truck fulltime now. And I have utilized the K-60 more than once in the past few weeks. So I am not 100% a drum guy. There are still jobs where the K-60 is the better and faster choice than a drum.
                              remember what i've said before.

the k-60 is the best all around machine out there.

my truck has a capacity of 14,050# and i chose to leave the drum machines out. do i have room for them yes. do i miss them not really.
                              am i selling them no

if all i did was drain cleaning, then i would probably carry 1 of everything. but i carry repair parts/ fittings, tools and carry what works for my jobs.

in the 2 years that i've used the k-60. i've only taken the 7500 with me 1 day. the 1.25'' sectionals i carry 34' on the truck and 110' at the shop.

if i know i need them, i take them. otherwise it all k60, k50, k39, and a jetter.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X