X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 handle hard to depress?

Hey Folks, I'm new here.........but been in the trade for 34 years.

Well anyway, I noticed that it's getting harder to depress the handle on my K60.....I have greased the fitting with no results........have you ever had this issue before?

Thanks for your time...
    sigpic

Re: K-60 handle hard to depress?

Take it a part and look for rust on the cable clamp area, possible dirt or rocks also.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The same a Cuda plus check the jaws make sure there not wore to bad on top or bottom or grooved on inside. See what Rick say's

Comment

here is the parts link http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B12B3AF...Machine_PL.pdf

check for dirt/ debris around the clutch. but this will also cause the cable to slip and not grip.
        also check for rust around the sleeve bearing and the rack assembly.

it's a prettty simple design when you take the shroud and frame off.

the 2 main bearings are all i've ever had to replace. the clutch is still the original and i bought this used 2 years ago.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Hey, thanks for the replys fellas........once I get a little break, I'll tear into that sucka.........I'll repost and let ya know what I found....Hell, at 51..I'ts hard enough for me just to get it back on the truck, when I'm done using it...

EDIT, here's what I did.

Broke down the machine and found that the grease fitting would not let the grease get by it....removed the shaft/rack a found it built up with crud......cleaned it and the sleeve bearing. good to go now.

Although the Pulley assembly was hard to get off, I assume they are just pressed on like that.
          Last edited by Flowofmoney; 01-10-2009, 02:47 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X