Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-60 myth buster

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
    Obviously, they didn't know what they hell they were doing. I know where this is going but like AceSewer said, it's not a matter of machine. They just as well could of said the same thing and made a mess using a sectional or any other other type of machine. I ALWAYS do my best to keep my work area clean or cleaner than when I arrived. This thread has more to do with inability and skill than it does choice of machine.
    I know you think drum (or in this case open reel) machines are the scourge of the earth Rick. But contrary to what you presently think, there are those of us that actually know what we're doing and know the tricks (just you also know regarding sectionals) to properly cleaning drains and keeping the area clean while using a drum.

Just wanted to add:
    Prior to reading Ricks and other posts on this forum, I was under the impression, for many years, that anyone who used sectionals had absolutely no clue what he was doing. Clearly that's not true. Point being that sectional guys have their technique and drummers have theirs.
    this thread was not meant to rag on the drum machines. it was meant to hi-lite the sales tactics that companies are employing to screw over the customers. nothing new out here. i see it every day with these companies.

my salesman stopped by today and i asked how was business.

salesman-the supply houses are cutting thier margins on bid pricing.

me- does "so and so" still buy from you?

salesman- yes, but he's looking to buy more established co's as he screws over the customer every time and needs a fresh name.

this is the kind of stuff that separates me with $0 advertising and co's that spend thousands a week advertising for new customers.

be honest and knowledgable, the customers knows right from wrong.

so in the end, i gain another new customer with plenty of friends that will sell my service. cost me $0

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

notice the rust stained concrete from their open drum they left behind
      Dam, That machine woooped some arse !!!!!
      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        this thread was not meant to rag on the drum machines. it was meant to hi-lite the sales tactics that companies are employing to screw over the customers. nothing new out here. i see it every day with these companies.

my salesman stopped by today and i asked how was business.

salesman-the supply houses are cutting thier margins on bid pricing.

me- does "so and so" still buy from you?

salesman- yes, but he's looking to buy more established co's as he screws over the customer every time and needs a fresh name.

this is the kind of stuff that separates me with $0 advertising and co's that spend thousands a week advertising for new customers.

be honest and knowledgable, the customers knows right from wrong.

so in the end, i gain another new customer with plenty of friends that will sell my service. cost me $0

rick.
        Understood, but good god almighty....if I have to read another thread titled "k60"

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
          Understood, but good god almighty....if I have to read another thread titled "k60"
          Here is a treat for you then. This is Rick just barely pre-K-60.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ight=Sectional

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I ate twinkies while setting my 300 in slow return.

Went over, talked to the customer at the 2nd cleanout watching the roots I was pulling back,

Went upstairs and grabbed some paper towels, machine still running, cleaning, augering.

The only thing it didn't do for me was dial for pizza and chips, and if you give me enough time, I'll figure out how to make it do that too!
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

And 5 K60s later.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark

Comment

Mark
                thanks mark, you just reminded me that it was a mere 3 years ago that i came out of the sectional closet

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                And 5 K60s later.
                just 3, but there's always room for more. to be a real k-60 fanatic, i need to collect 57 more

still looking for a pristine old school k-60.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Mark
                  Funny Mark , One of the things I thought of, on this thread was Your
                  Recommendation to Rick, for The K-60. I can think of no other person on this site , that
                  would have done a better job, of selling the K-60s tributes. And to all the the skilled members,this is not a put down to You! I feel bad for the good folks that don't have an
                  honest , capable , tradesman like Rick or the Many Members here [You know who You are].
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Just another thought about cameras: I keep a digital camera in my truck in my Household Handyman business. If I know I'm going to look into a probable damaged floor problem I take my laptop with me also. I'm often called on to look into a problem with a bathroom floor that is "soggy feeling". It's hard to explain to a potential customer exactly how a leaking toilet seal or shower drain can damage a floor feet from the toilet or shower. IF I can get my oversize butt under the house I will and take the camera with me. A few pictures of the damaged flooring, floor joist, and sills a lot of the time will convince the homeowner. One good picture is a great selling point. This has also worked for problems with attic vent fans and other things some homeowners just can't get into position to see. I think those "SeeSnakes" are really cool, I just need to figure out how to involve them into my work. Thanks, David

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                      Just another thought about cameras: I keep a digital camera in my truck in my Household Handyman business. If I know I'm going to look into a probable damaged floor problem I take my laptop with me also. I'm often called on to look into a problem with a bathroom floor that is "soggy feeling". It's hard to explain to a potential customer exactly how a leaking toilet seal or shower drain can damage a floor feet from the toilet or shower. IF I can get my oversize butt under the house I will and take the camera with me. A few pictures of the damaged flooring, floor joist, and sills a lot of the time will convince the homeowner. One good picture is a great selling point. This has also worked for problems with attic vent fans and other things some homeowners just can't get into position to see. I think those "SeeSnakes" are really cool, I just need to figure out how to involve them into my work. Thanks, David
                      Good point, Years ago, I remember taking Polaroid Pix of missing roof shingles for an 80 Year old Gal. Puts folks at ease, They deserve that!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Mark
                        This should be fun to read. Thanks Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                          I ate twinkies while setting my 300 in slow return.

Went over, talked to the customer at the 2nd cleanout watching the roots I was pulling back,

Went upstairs and grabbed some paper towels, machine still running, cleaning, augering.

The only thing it didn't do for me was dial for pizza and chips, and if you give me enough time, I'll figure out how to make it do that too!
                          LOL. So true. I'm thinking there's got to be a way to integrate Goog411 into the machine.

Most of the time I can have a conversation with my customers while running a mainline, nice and quiet like. Especially at a commercial or industrial place, running from c/o to c/o to manhole etc. It'll usually be some maintenance engineer guy that I deal with. With the retriever in reverse, standing over the manhole as the cable is spinning explaining how it works whatnot, basically shooting the breeze while the machine does all the work.

Comment

Working...
                          X