X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New K-60

I got a k-60, myother machine is killing my back, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Thanks to Mark, (ToUtah) he guided me on the blades to get and the kits, plus i have 2 drums of sectional cable.

It came today, I played with it in the drive way, had a heck of a time getting the cable back in the drum

I will keep all my cables toghether and feed them fromt he rear of the machine, I believe like Gear does it.

I have been a drum guy my whole life, this will take time to get used to, I will for sure keep you all posted.
    sigpic

Robert

Re: My New K-60

Sectional is better for the back??

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I think that is three K 60's this week. They ought to send Rick to the round up for free.

Comment

I've grown addicted to my feeder I think. It is difficult to drag my big machine through grass but it's worth it not having to pull that cable out by hand, especially out of a cast iron line IMO. I did it for two years working for someone and found it back breaking.

I want a k6o for the few times when I cant get my big machine close.

Congrats on the new tool.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
          I think that is three K 60's this week. They ought to send Rick to the round up for free.

Rick has nothing to do with this, if he did, I would have purchased one when I met him a couple years ago.

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Congrats on the purchase!

Having to wrangle with the cable in and out of the basket takes a little getting used to Rob but you'll get a rhythm going after the first few times.

The open wound 7/8" cable tends to interlock together with every other piece in the basket. I was wondering if the innercore cable does this also?

Comment

Now think if every job was in a basement. Down stares that are like a battle ships ladder wells. If most of my C/O were outside machine choice wouldn't be so important. How you guys get your drum machines down in basements day after day is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                Rick has nothing to do with this, if he did, I would have purchased one when I met him a couple years ago.

oh my bad...
                sorry Rick no free trip

Comment

there is very few basement jobs in so. Calif.
                  mostly slabs or raised floors,
                  that is why they do so many roof vents to clear drains their roofs are not as steep as snow country
                  JERRYMAC
                  E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                  CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                  FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                  SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

The open wound 7/8" cable tends to interlock together with every other piece in the basket. I was wondering if the innercore cable does this also?
                    Not so much but the stiffer cable doesn't want to pull out because of the outward tension. When you load an unload innercore cable, make sure you have positive control of the cable at all times. Sometimes it all wants to come out of the cage at the same time and will smack you in the face in the process. Speaking from personal experience.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You guys feed 7/8" directly from the carrier basket

Hmmmmm I need to see a video of that.... I'm not sure I could pull it off since I carry 105' in a single carrier

Comment

Bill,
                        What's your process for using the k60?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I pull the sections from the carrier and lay them out ( I use the basket to give the cable something to curl around as I feed it in) feed a section, have a bit hanging out of the machine to attach next section to, wash rinse repeat...

I know there must be a better way

Comment

Ok, so last night was my first time with the k-60, if I can't make better time of it, I 'm gonna have to change from flat rate to hourly

I had 105', I ran this line before with my drum, pull the machine out, run 105', already in the drum of my Duracable, run, clean wham gone done in 30 mins.

K-60, pulled all the 75' of cable from drum, broke it into sections of 30' and ran with it, at 90' unable to pass with the piece of junk, when I bound up, the cable kept feeding out of the machine, I tried and tried to pass, not able to, so, I sold the camera, thank you k-60, offset at 90'?? what, I ran right past this with my drum........

Didn't even pull back roots, I get roots every time with my drum, not with this, even with the c-cutter, 3", open wind cable is supposed to pull more roots back?

So, anyways, I am gonna work with it, maybe about the 10th mainline i will have it down, what was scary is the binding part, it couldn't even get past the offset.

On the bright side, if I use the k60 I am sure to sell a camera.

1 thing good, the thing fits great in the new van, along with both drums of 7/8 cable, almost like they were made for eachother.
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

No no no! Don't buy it!

Oh DAMN too late.

That "binding up" is super dangerous because at 600rpm's that open wound << get it? cable has to deliver that wind up tension somewhere, and it's either going to stay in the pipe or it's coming flying out.

Why do I know this?

Because I've been there, for years, when there wasn't anything else to use back in that time because they didn't offer it. I despise cleaning cables, just to pack up and put into another drain, knowing the next one could be horrible with black sludge.

Getting too old to do heavy manual labor. 39 is too old. Need to rethink strategy and make drains clear with snap of fingers.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                              X