X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 with 7/8" innercore

i have a k-60 and i was using Ricks set up for a 6" line(a section of 7/8" innercore and the rest of the cables openwound) but i purchased more innercore cable 75ft total. Running all innercore cable make the k-60 a root killing machine!! i had a hard root stoppage today and using all innercore cable make a HUGE difference! the cables dont flip, kink,bend they just grind away at the stoppage! little expensive for the cable but money well spent!

Re: k-60 with 7/8" innercore

was it ridgid c-10 inner core or general inner core?

the nice thing about the ridgid is that it's a plastic core and doesn't rust.

good job with the k-60 and 6'' root job

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I use the General innercore. Once i open the sewer i leave the water running and poor a scoop or two of powered tide to clean up the cables.

The only draw backs are they are very heavy and they rust, but i try to oil them with Ridgid Snake oil every few days.

Comment

I use WD40 to oil my cables, no rust. I agree with the general IC cable. Great cable and the weight works to your advantage when you want to keep the blade on the bottom of the pipe. I keep 3 carriers on my truck-1 carrier has 90' of regular cable, the other 2 have 75' of cable but each have 3 sections of the IC cable. I stuffed 90' of IC in a carrier once and almost killed my back trying to pick it up.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

anybody have a web link to the general IC cable that can be purchased online?
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

When I pull the cable out the last time on a job I pour some STP in the rear hose and it oils the cable up automatically I never had any run out on the floor and with the STP or its generic form as it is thick and stays in the hose. You don't have to use much just a little dab. So it doesn't cost that much to keep your cable looking like new.

Comment

You said innercore; to me that means a continuous length of tight wound cable, not the open wind typically used with a sectional. 3/4 innercore is the largest I have, 7/8 must be some stout stuff, and heavy too; what size lines are you using this on? Any trouble with bends?

Do you have a drum adapter for it or something? If so does the adapter have wheels or something or do you have to lug it?

Or do you have your 75' in sections? Or is 75' hanging out the back of the machine somehow?
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

ace. if you will search c-10ic you get 5 threads. breid

Comment

--Gear Junkie--

What set up do you use to clear a tough root blockages in a 4" or 6" line? all innercore cables or some innercore and some open wound?

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                    ace. if you will search c-10ic you get 5 threads. breid
                    ok its just regular sections with plastic inside; thanks
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Similar. All exterior dimensions should work. Not sure about couplings.

J.C.

http://www.mytoolstore.com/roth/pipe05.html

Comment

Here is the power of the k-60 with innercore cables! This was a stoppage at 125' the first 75' of cable was all innercore the rest was openwound cable. I was not sure that the machine could even spin 75' of innercore cable, due to the weight of the cable. It did and it had no problem clearing the line!

Comment

Wow, that's one luxury of the sectionals I used, that I didn't have.

Now given what inner-core cables do for drum machines, I can imagine how that pulled that massive root intrusion out.

Lots more stability for sure in the drain.

Rick, I bet a pile of cheeseburgers that if you was running innercore, you wouldn't of doubled up in that drain.

That situation is easier to do that what anyone is letting on to.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                            Wow, that's one luxury of the sectionals I used, that I didn't have.

Rick, I bet a pile of cheeseburgers that if you was running innercore, you wouldn't of doubled up in that drain.

That situation is easier to do that what anyone is letting on to.

dunbar, make sure i take you up on those cheeseburgers at the roundup

and you're buying

if you look at the photo of the bent cable end. the inner core ridgid c-10ic cable is not attached to the coupler. therefore it would still have been the same results. the cable gave 1 wind under the coupler. the rest of the cable is stiff and it will not double back in that pipe.

i'll settle for the 99 cent cheeseburgers. 2 minimum

don't cheese and not show

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Now you need to make some ground rules. While the Ridgid inner core is not attached the General is. So don't make or take a sucker bet my plastic inner core was more limber on the end but the general's wasn't. I mean were talking hamburgers here not penny ante.

Comment

Working...
                              X