X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 Dissapointment

So Im using my k 60 and the belt keeps coming off, and I keep putting it on, but then Im looking at the diagram that was sent to me and I see the motor is actually mounted, I just thought it bounced around in there, but anyways when I received the machine from tool up it had this strange pin looking thing that i couldnt figure out what it was for, turns out i was sent the mounting pin to the motor that wasnt put in my machine
    No big deal, Ill take it apart put it in and rock n roll, but nope theres a bigger problem the threads the socket skrew that goes through the pin (part # 30 and 31 if you have your main components blueprint in front of you )goes to is busted in half, no fixing that.
    Im dissapointed because i should have never been sent this machine that wasnt fully put together, who would send the machine and mounting pin seperate in the same box.

Re: k-60 Dissapointment

And you bought this brand new from Toolup?

Comment

Yes $2000.00 k60sp, Just called ridgid they told me to call tool up, tool up told me to call ridgid,
      Ridgid says they would never send the motor mount pin outside of the machine and tool up says they wouldnt open ridgid boxes and mess with the machine, I dont get it. Im told its up to me to take it to get it service and if they deem is worth warranty coverage than so be it

Come on the pin was outside of the machine, I didnt even know what it was till I was looking at the diagram. I thought I would get better customer service from someone i should have stuck with spartan

Comment

I didnt mean the spartan part but please man, I just blew everything I had, Im very upset

Comment

While I called the service center, in grand rapids michigan and they say I wont have a machine for 6 weeks, this is terrible, remember this machine wasnt even put together when i got it, I just didnt know that, I thought the motor pin was some sort of tool. Warning to all who buy tools at tool up as ridgid says they wouldnt send a machine out like this

Comment

Wow sad to hear your troubles

I bought my k-60 at a local supply house and have had no trouble at all!!

it came a put togther!

Comment

Slow down slow down... we'll figure this one out. Let me forward this on to Renee.

Josh

Comment

Drainsocheap,

I would like to help, can you give me a call when you can?

Renee
                440-329-4461
                Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

Sorry to hear about your experience. I feel your frustration, had some of my own with the K-60. Just a bump in the road, Ridgid will do what it takes to get you squared away, just like they did in my situation Sounds like a one time off the wall issue. Good luck!

Keep us in the loop.

wookie

Comment

You're not supposed to say "spartan" on this site, ever.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I bought a 1500 brand new one time and there were a few screws missing. I could have put the screws in my self but when I called the dealer they told me it had to be sent back or it would void the warranty so they sent a truck and picked it up. It turned out there was a mix up they sent me one that was being sent for repair and the one they were supposed to send me they sent back for repair. I always keep a spare so it wasn't to bad . Ridgid has always made good on any problem I had but I can understand you being upset

Comment

All my Ridgid purchases for the last few years have come from Toolup.com. I have never had a problem with them.

Comment

talked with renee today, she definatley made me feel a lot better about the situation, but still waiting today to hear back from here as to a resolution but Im sure this will end with a positive ridgid expeirence, thanks josh and renee

Comment

Originally posted by Drainsdonecheap View Post
                            talked with renee today, she definatley made me feel a lot better about the situation, but still waiting today to hear back from here as to a resolution but Im sure this will end with a positive ridgid expeirence, thanks josh and renee
                            I am sure you are right. I dont think it can get any better when you have actual Ridgid reps on this site.

I think you spent your money well...

Comment

Tool-up has always been Great! ( I bought my K-60 from them along with a few other things)

I cut my teeth on Spartan machines BUT there is no better service than Ridgid and this site.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X