Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Cables and K-60

Hi Guys

What is your preference for the K-60, General Cables or Ridgid? Is one more durable than the other?
    If you go with General which set, 7/8" x 15 ft. Open-Wound (15R-10)
    or 7/8" x 15 ft. Proflex (15R-10-P)?

Re: General Cables and K-60

This is a much talked about topic! I run all general proflex cable on very heavy roots in either 4" or 6" pipe. The innercore works Awesome on 6", it makes the k-60 a 6" machine! Most of the time i prefer to use one section of innercore and the rest open wind cable. The inncore cables are very heavy and pricey!! they are for special root stopages!

Here is what 75' of all innercore can do! in a 6" lateral

Comment

That is allot of roots. How long was the line?

Comment

The line was 75' long. The first 10' was 4" and the rest was 6"

Comment

laid out that has to be at least 20' - 25' of roots.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, anyone else?
            Open-Wound or Pro Flex?

Comment

the standard c-10 7/8'' cable will do most everything.

i run 1 section of c-10 innercore / c-10ic on the front end as most of my work involves 4''x 6'' sewers.

had one i jetted yesterday as i opened it last week with my k-60, but got hung up for a few minutes.

turns out the 6'' line was packed from 20' - 48'. even with the trailer jetter,camera and warthog nozzle, it took 2 hours to clean and flush.

the k-60 opened the line and got them running, but a packed 6'' line via a 4'' c/o is not feasible for any cable or machine. expanding cutters just squeeze back down to their minimum size/ 3.5''. that's why they call them finishing cutters. this line was not properly cleaned in over 10 years.

so the innercore will do a great job of getting through a 6'' line, but proper access is the key to getting it clean.

i like the ridgid innercore as it doesn't rust. it's a plastic base with a wire core.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, where do you get these Ridgid innercores? Are they new? Talked to a Ridgid rep on the phone today about the equipment I'm considering, and he had nothing to say about a Ridgid inner core. He had lots of knowledg about the cameras, but not cables.The Generals are heavy, expensive, and yes they will rust if not oiled after each dunk in the muck. I'd like to get a few sections for the K60, but if Ridgids got a good one... Where is it? My wife says I can't find anything, but I'm pretty good on the net. The Ridgid rep did tell me that the sectional cables almost never kink or flip; almost, nothing's 100% in a dark tunnel filled with....

Comment

THe ridgid innercore cables are a Euro thing why? I don't know but Rick has given the part # before .
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
                    Rick, where do you get these Ridgid innercores? Are they new? Talked to a Ridgid rep on the phone today about the equipment I'm considering, and he had nothing to say about a Ridgid inner core. He had lots of knowledg about the cameras, but not cables.The Generals are heavy, expensive, and yes they will rust if not oiled after each dunk in the muck. I'd like to get a few sections for the K60, but if Ridgids got a good one... Where is it? My wife says I can't find anything, but I'm pretty good on the net. The Ridgid rep did tell me that the sectional cables almost never kink or flip; almost, nothing's 100% in a dark tunnel filled with....
                    the ridgid reps are typically not the guys using the equipment in the real world on a daily basis. that's why this forum and this section especially is such a win, win, for both us and for ridgid. that's why ridgid lets us speak what's on our mind

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                    THe ridgid innercore cables are a Euro thing why? I don't know but Rick has given the part # before .

pretty simple part # c-10ic,

the ic stands for inner core

can renee please respond to the availability of the ridgid c-10ic cables.

yes it's originally a european thing. but our roots and sewers are just as nasty as on the other side of the pond. no pun intended fred

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick, that makes sense. The rep explained to me that he can only carry so many products in a pickup. He mentioned guys wanting demos of threading machines; they weigh a ton to lug around! Also, guys buying sewer equipment and threaders hopefully have experience with the type of tools they are buying and might want a rundown on features, performance, warranty, etc. Thus, a brochure, DVD, and this forum handle that well enough. The camera equipment is high end and more technical; that's what gets demo'd. European part? I got the ic part of the number, that's not complicated. It's just hard to find and I haven't heard of it outside this forum. So, Ridgid, if these cables are a great product... Sell 'em to us! If it's worthwhile, it will sell here in the states. Obviously, guys are using the General cables and having good luck with them. Not saying everyone with dump the open winds, but more options(tools)= better. Availability=sales=profit. Niiiccce.

Comment

Good Morning,

Just a quick update, we do have the C-10IC Cables. They can be ordered under RIDGID Catalog # 25036.

Have a great day!
                        Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

ridgid 25036

google ridgid 25036. under shopping results. toolup and colonial hardware both list them. here you are and there you go. breid

Comment

OMG, I just saw the price!!!! 115 for one section of cable?! My general innercore with a steel innercore cost 60 each. I can't comprehend how a peice of plastic adds 70 to the price.

BTW, I just scored a rothenberger section for 30 including shipping. Lucky.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              OMG, I just saw the price!!!! 115 for one section of cable?! My general innercore with a steel innercore cost 60 each. I can't comprehend how a peice of plastic adds 70 to the price.

BTW, I just scored a rothenberger section for 30 including shipping. Lucky.
                              I can see where the price difference would make a decision for allot of companies. I know when I buy tools, you won't find me at some discount store. I buy the best with the best warranty's. I want to know when I need my tools, they will be there for me. I have been hurt by tools when I was too cheap to spend extra on something better. When you have a few guys or a hundred I know that not all the crew cares about the equipment like you do because they have not made the investment that you have. I can see where spending extra money on a ridgid ic because it won't rust if one of your guys doesn't clean it properly and then lets it sit in the truck for the weekend to rust would save you money. I have always liked the General ic cables I have never used the Ridgid if I where to buy ic cables right now I would give the Ridgid a try. And yes we do own a few snakes at the RootX Company and yes I am the one who runs the machines. Mostly because I am the only one with experice...... The first one we used was from my family buisness a drum machine that weighs about 350lbs 200 ft of 11/16 cable on old cough cough cough Spartan cough cough I can never recall how we got that monster around. When we got it over to our testing facility we had to unload it with a fork lift. I know wish we used the K60 it seems that it would have done the same job maybe better with a hec of alot less work.

Comment

Working...
                              X