X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K60 saves me time again

Sorry no pics but this is pretty easy to imagine. New client calls clogged main line, has no idea where a cleanout is located. Get there find split level house early 90's entrance to crawl space and cleanout is a 4' wide 5' long but 6 ft deep cement box, and yes anything is possible 2 guys, rig up pipe to the cleanout etc etc but this job was perfect for the k60, jump down into the pit and get to work. Also no 3-4" roof vent has 2" vents. I had my drum could have pulled a toilet but this was way smoother. Another reason to have both drum and sectional if you can afford it.
    Bryce
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: K60 saves me time again

Nice - I think one day the K-60 will take over the complete market.

I see more and more people buying them and having nothing but success.

Thanks for sharing your story!!

That was cool to read

Comment

I might sell my K-60, I use drum machines now 95% of the time. I used the K-60 the other day and it was a real mess. I am going to use all drums soon. I just bought a K-39af and a K-400af for the second truck. Soon I am going to buy another k-7500, so I have a big drum on each truck also.
      The K-60 just can't keep up with the drum in terms of less mess, more speed, ease of use, etc.

Just my 2 cents.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Well Rick, we have some conflicting threads here. What say you?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbers
          Sectional? I didn't know they still made those beasts. Drums, all the way.

I'm curious as to why a clean-out wasn't sold. Easy money for a required part of a sewer system.
          There was a cleanout it was 6' down in a cement pit! With no elevator!

I bought the K60 because I read old forum posts from when Rick was a drum guy and switched over to the K60 I figured it must be better, well I hated it at first, I had to manually push and pull the cable .....what a hassle.....and the extra mess..........wow I really hated that. But I kept trying to teach myself to use it and change my old drum ways. Well one day I had to do like 20 4" lines that where all really bad roots from hell!
          On one really bad one I sent in my 3/4" (drum machine) and I am really good with it afterall I buy the cables, well I just couldn't stop the drum fast enough wasted the cable bad. I loaded in my spare cable and went real slow at the bad spot not wanting to waste another cable and just could not eat the roots out of the line, it would make a hole underneath which gave flow but could not take on the big root ball. Just for kicks I brought out the K60 with the same style of root saw tip and it destroyed the root ball! I think the bigger size cable made the difference. So before this big job I looked at the k60 as my little machine and my Drum as my big guy but in actuall fact it was the other way around. But I have done really bad filled up lines that the drum rocked thru. So this is the main thing If you can afford both get them you will be able to do almost anything that comes your way. I hate to say it but I use the K60 now about 75% of my jobs. Don't tell Rick
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            I hate to say it but I use the K60 now about 75% of my jobs. Don't tell Rick
            75% is not enough i'm at 90-95%

as you have learned with experience, speed and cleanliness is developed with use. it doesn't happen overnight

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              The K-60 just can't keep up with the drum in terms of less mess, more speed, ease of use, etc.

Just my 2 cents.
              we can debate this all day long.

a k-60 spins at 3 times the speed. it will come back much drier since it's open wind and will spin dry as you use it. with my drums, i always had to oil the cables. with my sectionals, i only oil my couplers. the cable is dry.

considering i've snaked thousands of drain with both drums and sectionals. i've never once had to call a cleaning company for carpets or paint.

i see drum wash/ splatter all the time on walls and concrete. no one can ever follow me and say the same thing when i get done.

ease of use, sure a drum with an auto feed is a pretty simple process.

but getting your drum up on a roof, down into a basement and in and out of a truck is also part of ease of use. anyone who thinks that a cleanout is 10' from where you park your truck is fooling themselves.

i don't know about your situation, but i know from the 3 years i've switched to the k-60, i've only loaded my 7500 drum in the truck 1 time for an all day job. the k-60 does everything the drum can do and more. maybe that's why other companies call me when they can't do it.

in fact they are very impressed when they see the k-60 in action.

you'll miss that k-60 when you're in a bind.

don't believe me

read all the positive comments from all the k-60 users.

you'll be back and i'll rub it in when you come back

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                75% is not enough i'm at 90-95%

as you have learned with experience, speed and cleanliness is developed with use. it doesn't happen overnight

rick.

What are you using the other 5% a drum?

I am serious, I just sometimes loose track of all these threads.

I am just curious to what the "back up" is, as I value your opinion a lot !!

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                  What are you using the other 5% a drum?

I am serious, I just sometimes loose track of all these threads.

I am just curious to what the "back up" is, as I value your opinion a lot !!

the 5-10% is my 1.25'' cable with my timberwolf.

when i have a track record of the line and it's issues, i grab the machine that will work best.

the k-60 is best 90-95% of the time.

of course the k-50 can be subsituted for the 5/8'' cables if need be. and the k-39 gets used all the time on indoor tub drains.

it's the 2'' and larger c/o that i'm referring to

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick,

I really appreciate the response !!

I just saw you in VIDEO too !!! ( A Video Josh Post in the "youtube feed" area here)

@Josh: Kwel Video Feed thing!

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                      Thanks Rick,

I really appreciate the response !!

I just saw you in VIDEO too !!! ( A Video Josh Post in the "youtube feed" area here)

@Josh: Kwel Video Feed thing!

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                        Ya, Its "tagged" Plumber Rick

Quote: "I charge by the minute".....Joking I know ...Its kinda dark in the video

Here looksie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ8az3V5JHU

There you go

Comment

Like to see pictures, but video is even better. I don't think there were enough people in the kitchen.. Still can't get over how clean everything turned out. Can't see any gunk in the video, but there must have been some(a ton) of grease in that line.. The spotless white t shirt is impressive, but maybe some grime on those shoes....

Comment

Rick

Where is the impressionator in that video??
                            Last edited by jhplumbing; 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                              Rick

Where is the impressionator in that video??
                              That's a good question

We had our choice of at least 5 different machines and jetters from Ridgid headquarters but we absconded with the K-50 I don't remember why It worked out fine in the end AND we had a blast

That 1-1/2" line was dead flat for at least 20' and full of grease.

I know I said the trap wasn't leaking after I hooked up the sink but it started to drip a little when no one was looking I would have fixed it but I was distracted by the promise of cheesecake popsicles

Comment

Working...
                              X