Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

used k-60 motor runs, cable turns. but it will not go leave machine. any ideas?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used k-60 motor runs, cable turns. but it will not go leave machine. any ideas?

cable turns it just doesn't move. thank you. breid

Re: used k-60 motor runs, cable turns. but it will not go leave machine. any ideas?

ummmmmmmm,

A K-60 is not a power feed machine, the motor only spins the cable...

Okie

Comment

Re: used k-60 motor runs, cable turns. but it will not go leave machine. any ideas?

Comment

yeah... you have to feed the cables.

Comment

Yea and mine wont walk back to my van and put itself away.
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

what do i know?

the only sectional machines i have used are electric eels. or general 82s. i bought it because my legs aren't good. how often do i grease the zerks? what grease to use? how do i clean the clutch jaws. what other maintenance do i do? i will use the manual tomorrow to go through it. anything i should know besides it's not self feed. lol. thank you. breid.

Comment

Learn how to adjust the jaws

I spent my first few drains wondering why my cable was only doing about 300RPM and would stop when it hit anything...

When the jaws get a good grip on the cable 625 RPM's of root killing goodness

Okie

Comment

scary, when you google "images" plumber rick, this is what comes up first

a k-60 parts schematic/ breakdown

read the manual first and also the numerious threads on the k-60 tips and tricks.

truthfully, my k-60 has only needed a bearing replaced and i'm not the original owner. it came from a rental fleet.

i like to squirt some wd-40 onto the cable couplings and also down the opening of the machine to prevent the 2 bearings from rusting.

also if you use the guide hose, keep it oiled too.

the jaw set will also need cleaning as any dirt can get trapped there. a simple allen wrench will easily remove the cover. then the jaw set cover can be removed to expose the jaws. simple to clean the dirt off.

the main shaft zerk i grease a couple times a year. the other zerk that is for the jaw adjustment is not as critical. i keep that loose anyways.

read the manual, watch the video and ask questions. you'll love it like we do
                phoebe it is

Comment

Watch the video from Ridgid and it will all come into focus! Good machine

Comment

hey pp

i don't carry my machine. brian carries it. i carry in the tarp. that's it. also receipt book( he he he). brian gets $50.00 to be the mule. we both think that's a deal. thanks for help. i watched video, several times. that's where i got the idea it feed the cable. at 2min 32 sec of video the cable humps up. hows it do that? is bubba pulling on and it's not obvious? stay out of the trees. thank you. breid

Comment

Re: hey pp

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                      i don't carry my machine. brian carries it. i carry in the tarp. that's it. also receipt book( he he he). brian gets $50.00 to be the mule. we both think that's a deal. thanks for help. i watched video, several times. that's where i got the idea it feed the cable. at 2min 32 sec of video the cable humps up. hows it do that? is bubba pulling on and it's not obvious? stay out of the trees. thank you. breid
                      I didn't go watch the video. I'm gonna' guess though. If you are running sectional cable and get the side of the the cable against an edge, while running in forward, it will "thread" it's self toward you and out of the drain.

Makes it "hump up". Can be very handy if your cable gets tight in the blockage or turns. You want some back or you want to begin retracting all of it. Just hold it against the drain edge and it starts coming back.

J.C.
                      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 05-23-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X