7500 vs k60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7500 vs k60

Only soft stoppages? How about mangling steel?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Here is an interesting thread from Cuda.

titled: K-60 had to sit down for this one.
      He had to use the maxi-rooter with 3/4 cable to get through.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I have used a K-60 I know its limitations. It can not do 6" and larger sewers where the K-7500 can do up to 10" sewers. On Ridgid's site they say the K-60 does 1 ¼" - 4" where the K-7500 can do 3" to 10" drains. Around here we have 4" building drains that transition to 6" building sewers, and I have had the 7/8 cable turn around on itself in the 6" sewer. Now where as a Spartan 300 with the two drums you can do 1¼" to 6" lines.

Do not get me wrong I am not saying the K-60 is inferior, it just doesn't compare to the K-7500 in the capacity it can handle.
        don't believe everything that's written until you do it yourself.

the 7/8'' non innercore is rated 4''. the 7/8'' innercore is rated for 6''.

just about every serious k-60 user here has innercore cable.

all of my sewer main jobs are a combination of 4'' and 6'' pipe. we are responsible for lateral from the property line to the saddle connection. this is 6'' pipe 99% of the time.

as far as a 10'' pipe goes. i've only tried that a couple times and it's not a job for a 3/4'' cable either. you either need to jet it or use a 1.25'' sectional machine.

typical 10'' pipe is storm drains. snaking a storm drain is not cleaning it. jetting is.

in three years of using my k-60, only 1 time have i put the 7500 on the truck, and that was for convenience not necessity.

in fact the k-60 has allowed me to downsize my truck from a w4500 to a sprinter. no need for a loading ramp or winch for a k-60.

i also carry 30'-130' of 1.25 sectional cable with my timberwolf. but that only gets used less than 10% of the time. that's why only 30' stays on the truck.

other companies that use me for drain cleaning have been impressed what the k-60 does, while their 3/4'' drums can't.

ever try to snake a styrene area drain line with a 3/4'' drum ever try to take a 7500 on a roof under a house up 4 flights of stairs pack it in the back of your wife's car

the k-60 is the tool of choice

sure a 7500 has its uses, but is it universal

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandS&D View Post
          Go with the k60 the 7500 is not a root machine, its only good with soft stopages. We leave the 7500 on the truck the majority of the time and use the sectional. Welcome to the forum.

I have no experience with the k60, or the 7500.

But I got to say, with the right blade or pigtail (retriever) attachment, I can pull out roots, and utensils with a drum machine and 11/16 hollow core cable.

Comment

Well I use a Spartan 1065 myself. And yes I have taken it on the roof, and in crawl spaces. When I feel I need to use a sectional machine I pull out my K-500 for those of you that do not know what a K-500 is it was the original upright machine Ridgid made with a 2 Hp motor. I then load up my heavy duty wound 1 ¼" cables. I use the standard duty ones when I need to rod through floor drains. If you truly want a universal machine then you should look at Rothenberger R750 It can spine the 1 ¼" and 7/8" cable with out any changes to the jaws, and snap in a collet and you can spin the 5/8" cables with ease. http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/en/p...ing/index.html

I have had run into a few homes out here that has 10" building sewers that run to the city main. Jetting would not be an option unless you would like to flood their basement even more. And their is no manhole for me to use my K-1000 in. So the ¾" cable is perfect for the job.

I have had a 24" retention pond overflow drain that was clogged up tight. had a Jet truck come out that was running 120 GPM @ 2500 PSI and he could not punch through the obstruction. In this case I used my K-1000 with a 6" cutter to get the line flowing again. Once we cleared out the root mass and split logs the line was like new again.

I have been taught that every machine has its place including Jetters, continuous rodders and even bucket machines.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              Here is an interesting thread from Cuda.

titled: K-60 had to sit down for this one.
              He had to use the maxi-rooter with 3/4 cable to get through.

Weird thing was that job halfway thru is when I tweaked my maxi rooter cable and started using the k-60 on the tough series of root balls and it plowed them that's when I started giving the K--60 the lead job. on 4" and under drains.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                Weird thing was that job halfway thru is when I tweaked my maxi rooter cable and started using the k-60 on the tough series of root balls and it plowed them that's when I started giving the K--60 the lead job. on 4" and under drains.
                I find my K-60 gets bogged down using a c-cutter on roots. But if I use the spiral root-saw, the K-60 can get most roots out no problem! The first time I ever used a spiral saw on the k-60, I was very impressed with it. The only time I really have a problem is when the k-60 gets too much torque on the cable for whatever reason. Heavy, heavy roots, etc. That is when I prefer the tension of a large, solid drum cable.
                Mainly I just like the drum because the jobs go quicker and easier. The k-60 can get most jobs too, just takes a bit extra work. The portability of the K-60 makes up for that though.

Comment

I believe the c cutter isn't best for an intitial cutter with roots. With the c cutter, the blades are coming perpindicular to the stoppage requiring torque to break through. The spiral saw come parallel into the stoppge needing less torque. I only use a c cutter as a finishing blade.

I've gone through hard grease with a c cutter and couldn't get the plug to drop. When I camered the line, I saw a cone shaped impression of the c cutter in the grease. The cutter just bottomed out. Spiral saw went straight through.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

For you drum machine guys look into getting your hands on the ¾" by Electric Eel adapter and run the Eel cutters. they make some great cutters that really get the lines open. Here is a PDF of their flayer for their drum machine. Go to page 2 and have a look.

http://a-archer.net/images/eeld5flyer.pdf
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    Ron's Facebook
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i use the spiral cutter for roots when i know they are there.

with grease it's usually hit or miss depending on the severity of the blockage. the conical/funnel auger seems to work well on grease.

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

the great thing about the spiral root saw is that in forward it's a saw that cuts. but in reverse, it becomes an auger/ hook. it will grab and hook.

best of both worlds. a cutter and a hook.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

[QUOTE=SewerRatz;232069]Well I use a Spartan 1065 myself. And yes I have taken it on the roof, and in crawl spaces. When I feel I need to use a sectional machine I pull out my K-500 for those of you that do not know what a K-500 is it was the original upright machine Ridgid made with a 2 Hp motor. I then load up my heavy duty wound 1 ¼" cables. I use the standard duty ones when I need to rod through floor drains. If you truly want a universal machine then you should look at Rothenberger R750 It can spine the 1 ¼" and 7/8" cable with out any changes to the jaws, and snap in a collet and you can spin the 5/8" cables with ease. http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/en/p...ing/index.html

WHAT HE SAID

Comment

I started out with the eel running 8 ft. cables then they started finishing out basements with carpets so I changed to a 1500 then they started putting in water beds and desks and I and I had less room and went to the K 60 then they started putting computers, TV'S, building room in the basements, bars, so I ran out of room for my K 60 even with the hose curled around. So I had to go with a 7500 and keep the 1500 if I have to lift it up to get it in a basement. A K 60 is a great machine for a beginner or a pro. a 1500 is a great machine for a pro. I run a 3/4" cable the 5/8" cable likes to break on bad spots. For mush I hook 1 1/4" eel cables to the front to work it out. In your case I think I would go with the K 60 or if your not going to get in to drain cleaning any more then you are now get in with a cleaner and exchange work he cleans the drains and he sends calls your way.

Comment

I went out on a call last week that one of our other techs could not get through twisted up his 3/4 IC cable, he thought the line was broken, I went back out with the camera to identify the problem and it was a root blockage with some 1/4" thick roots, came back with the K60 and used the sawtooth cutter, went through it in a matter of seconds.

Ive got some before and after pics, I will see if I can post them.

Comment

Hope these come out OK
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X