Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7500 vs k60

Rick
    You dont need a helper becuase you dont have enough work or you would have one. Today we do a 125` sewer install along with the cleaning calls. 4 of us will have the install done in 2 hours and be back to work on other calls. We dont have time to make 2 trips to the trucks to get 150` of cable, machine and the cord. You dont have to try and sell me on the K-60 as I have one remember as far as reset a toilet inside a bathroom R&R is less then 10 minutes and we get paid more if we have to R&R the W/C.

Now I must be stupid because there is no way to use the K-60 inside with out a tarp. Tricks??? Come on Rick, Lets see, you set-up and you stick the cable in the C/O hole. Think I got it
    It`s going to make a mess if you run water while you pull the cable back. Now way in hell to not make a mess as the cable is wet. duhhhhh

Rick if you cant move a 250# machine thats on 2 wheels I just dont know what to tell ya. and a K-60 with 125` of cable takes 4 hands to move if you do it in one trip and I believe the weight is a little more then 35# ...lol

On the truck I have:
    380 100`
    7500 200`
    39 30`
    milwaukee sink machin 25`
    cordless sink machine 50`
    60 150`
    seesnake
    micro seesnake
    Jetter
    6000 wt gen
    plumbing tools
    and thousdans of parts

now if you had as many calls as I do each day I would think you would be happier to work out of a truck that can take on any job with out a trip to the shop or parts house.

As far as my van, you want to bring that up it`s got a GVW of 9900# looks like it`s the same as your sprinter. Now the lift gate, lol, It came on it and I`m gonna use it BTW you must have missed the picture of the side door on my Van.
    Why would I need to flip the lift gate down to get something out?

Stop being a hatter Rick, I bought your beloved K-60 and I said I see it will have it`s uses but it`s not a machine that will see every day uses because of the speed factor and the mess oh and the work out pulling the cable back out by HAND. I like the machine I will use it I`m sure, just like the K-50 I also bought. I want a machine for every job to make my jobs go as fast as they can. Time is money when you work in service. Out here, people don`t wait on you, they will call someone else if your not there in a time line they think you should have been there in.

My review is that the K-60 is not the "all around machine" you claim. To this day I have not found a all around machine so I`ll just keep buying every machine I think I need to make my job easier.

Gotta run and do that sewer install at 10:am so enjoy the day Rick, dont let my review get your panties in a wad.
    I`m a service guy and time is every thing to me!
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-18-2009, 11:40 AM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      not my point.

i don't think anyone moves around a 7500 without a drum or without cable. you always deal with 250#

i carry my k-60 in 1 hand and 90' of cable with an extension cord in the other. if i only need 15', then i just carry 15'.

point is, i don't need a lift gate, a winch, a ramp, or a helper. i can go anywhere up, down, under and over without any help.

a liftgate is great if you're delivering appliances. but i can't picture having to flip a liftgate open every time i need to access the rear door. not to mention the fact that you need another 4-6' of clearance just to operate the gate. but then again i guess it's better than always towing a trailer around town.

rick.
      I understand your point. But you DO carry roughly 120lbs. of equipment every time you use your K60 instead of the 250lbs. of the k7500 to accomplish similar tasks.

To emphasize only 35lbs. versus 250lbs. is very misleading to some that may be looking into both systems.

J.C.

Comment

Seeing Steve come back brings a tear to my eye. Just like the old times on the forum.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post

As far as my van, you want to bring that up it`s got a GVW of 9900# looks like it`s the same as your sprinter. Now the lift gate, lol, It came on it and I`m gonna use it BTW you must have missed the picture of the side door on my Van.
          Why would I need to flip the lift gate down to get something out?

i guess you climb over the liftgate to get to the door

so you're telling me you work out of the side door and wheel your machine in and out of the side door

this i got to see.

so the back door is used when the side door is blocked.

i guess parking a trailer and having 6' of clear space behind you can only happen in the country. it certainly doesn't happen in this city. in fact bevery hills doesn't allow commercial truck parking on the street in their business district. alley is 15 minutes without a permit.

culver city nothing over 6000# on the residential streets. only the truck routes. and they do enforce it at $1 a pound overweight.

so as you say time is money, i doubt you could load and unload your machine as fast as i can with my k-60. but then again i don't need helpers with my drain cleaning. or the rest of my work including 100 gallon heaters using the brain, not the back

off to work.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I just ate 40 bowls of Total.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

a liftgate is great if you're delivering appliances. but i can't picture having to flip a liftgate open every time i need to access the rear door. not to mention the fact that you need another 4-6' of clearance just to operate the gate. but then again i guess it's better than always towing a trailer around town.

rick.
              The only time I would need to move the lift gate is to move the K-7500.
              I walk up to it and hit the lock, then push a button... WOW I have to push a button....lol...
              And to think I thought I was a lazy plumber....rotflmao

Most of my work is done out the side door of the trailer just like the van. Main line`s we use the back door.
              There too I have to unlock the trailer door... WOW that`s a rough and tough job.
              The funny part is I don't have to carry anything or lift anything as my trucks are set up to do all the work for me.

You don't need a helper because you don't have enough work. To compare your work load to mine is like comparing a K-60 to a K-7500. You are a small one man shop with a K-60 as your main machine. I am a 4 man shop complete with backhoes and all. we don't just do installs to the right-a-way we go all the way to the mains. We also do water service installs among other plumbing. I have helpers because of my work load. It`s nice to do sewer installs and clear sewers at the same time It`s also nice to go racing or storm chasing while my helpers are making me money. I can choose to go to work or go playing any time I want because my helpers are working when I`m playing

Stop be such a Hater Rick

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Seeing Steve come back brings a tear to my eye. Just like the old times on the forum.

Comment

so as you say time is money, i doubt you could load and unload your machine as fast as i can with my k-60.
                  rick.
                  I will post a video and you can see the timer, I would expect that you would do the same?
                  We will see how long it takes me to lower the back door and have the K-7500 on the ground complete with all the cable, cutters, cord and my seat "The Bucket"

I could also do the same with the K-60 if you would like but I`m sure I haven't unloaded it enough to know all the tricks to unloading it

Oh and BTW.... I don`t live in bevery hills

God Rick, I really missed you this summer
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-18-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

How lazy is all clear.......

A lift gate on his truck, A bucket to sit on. Do you actually snake the drain or does a helper do it.

Just kidding all clear. I love when you and rick fight! It is the Best!

Comment

Believe it or not, My Helper Wayne and I always fight over who is gonna run the K-7500
                      He always tries to set on my bucket and I have to remind him that I am the boss.
                      Now if it`s cold outside I say, "I`ll be setting in the truck when your done"
                      If we have our journeyman with us he wont let me do anything.
                      Our master plumber is always telling all of us to get the hell out of the way
                      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-18-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                        How lazy is all clear.......

A lift gate on his truck, A bucket to sit on. Do you actually snake the drain or does a helper do it.

Just kidding all clear. I love when you and rick fight! It is the Best!
                        I've always said he should weld the K7500 to the front of an old lawnmower and ride it to the cleanout.

J.C.

Comment

Hummmmm maybe that will be my new mobile K-7500

BTW .... I got my K-50 toady. It sucks too

Comment

seeing that you don't like the k-60 or the k-50. and i have a brand new in the box 7500, why don't we trade so that both of us are happy.

the 7500 cost approx the same as the 60 and 50 put together.

we pay for shipping on our end and everyone is happy.

you didn't even last a week or a day with your sectionals.

i lasted over 20 years with my drums.

sad part is with the trade, i'll still have 8 or more drum machines. from ridgid, general, and spartan.

rick.

so you want to trade or just keep being upset with your purchases

sorry it's late, i got home early tonight for the christmas party. otherwise i'd be on my 7th call.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick I hate to tell ya but my K-7500 only cost me $2000.00 each to my shop door.
                              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-18-2009, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                                Hummmmm maybe that will be my new mobile K-7500

BTW .... I got my K-50 toady. It sucks too

I about choked on my milk and cookies...LMAO

Comment

Working...
                                X