7500 vs k60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7500 vs k60

funny you say that because I learned it in a country club parking garage where they parked the golf carts. I was like now how in the hell am I gonna clean those lines...lol
    Got a trash can and 10` or 2" pipe and went to town.
    The rest is history
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      Ok, thats easy
      if I remember right this was a 200` run

Somewhere I have a picture of it on a 4 story flat roof

Now let`s see someone on a snow covered roof using a K-60
      And I don`t mean a FLAT roof like all of Ricks K-60 Roof Pictures.
      lets see, your photo is of a vent 6'' from the roof edge
      what was wrong with the 3-4'' vent further up

plenty of photos of roof top shots, but here is 1 that my customer emailed me last month.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-20-2009, 11:33 AM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

plenty of photos of roof top shots, but here is 1 that my customer emailed me last month.
        Rick,

What is the nylon strap for?

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

that was a safety line as i didn't have my extension ladder and borrowed the neighbors ladder that day. sometimes i tye off the cable cage or k-60 to keep if on a safty line.

on a straight up ladder, like the built in building laders on the outside wall. i use it to hoist the equiptment as it's difficult to climb with only 1 hand on the ladder and 1 on the equipment.

on a normal extension ladder, i climb with the equpment on my shoulder.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick
            So you got one hand on the ladder, one on the K-60 and one on the basket of cable. Funny as I see that you only have two hands?

let me guess, you only have what, 90` in that basket. Around here that would only make it 1/2 way to the city main. We clear all sewers from the vent to the city main, not just to the blockage

if you think that vent is only 6" from the edge then it is you that is the

I think it`s stupid to take a chance of falling off a roof or having something fall and hit some one in the head or just have the machine fall when it`s much safer to just pull a W/C.
            It gets pretty cold here in the winter and shingles bust off when you walk on em. I dont need to buy a $7000.00 re`roof just to clear a main line. Thanks just the same but I`ll pass and just pipe to the vent

BTW... I still dont see any snow on any of your roof pictures

I had a guy that ran the cable on the shingles like you are doing in your picture and I fired him on the spot!
            How come your not using the guide hose?
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-21-2009, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Rick
              So you got one hand on the ladder, one on the K-60 and one on the basket of cable. Funny as I see that you only have two hands?
              stairs i can carry both up at the same time, but a ladder i carry 1 then the other. i would love to see you carry the 7500 machine up a ladder

let me guess, you only have what, 90` in that basket. Around here that would only make it 1/2 way to the city main. We clear all sewers from the vent to the city main, not just to the blockage

do you think i only stop at the blockage when i'm the one that preaches about cleaning and not clearing. yesterday was 160' from 4'' to 6'' with camera and jetter. the basket was designed for 75' of cable and i stuff in 90'. plus another basket of 90' in the truck and a couple extra innercore cables.

sorry, it might be 6-12''. what do you do when you can't reach it from the ladder and edge of the roof

I think it`s stupid to take a chance of falling off a roof or having something fall and hit some one in the head or just have the machine fall when it`s much safer to just pull a W/C.
              It gets pretty cold here in the winter and shingles bust off when you walk on em. I dont need to buy a $7000.00 re`roof just to clear a main line. Thanks just the same but I`ll pass and just pipe to the vent

so you don't go up on a roof and just reach from the ladder
              i once dropped my pin tool/ scratch awl and it rolled off the roof. glad it didn't poked the owner in the eye
              out here, lots of bathrooms are carpeted. a 3''or 4'' roof vent is no mess and a straight shot with no closet bends, heel outlets or offsets.

you don't see snow because i'm in los angeles. we're not in kansas anymore

I had a guy that ran the cable on the shingles like you are doing in your picture and I fired him on the spot!
              guess what. i don't have anyone to fire. i don't need help carrying my machine and watching them sit on a bucket. i doubt any of your guys could ever get a machine up on a roof, no less run a machine from a roof. everyone that owns a k-60 can take their machine on the roof. still waiting for a real rooftop photo and not a flat roof either.

i guess we'll have to wait for the spring thaw

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I will try my best to get a k-60 Roof top with snow. Im sure i will get at least one call for it this winter! I have two plumber buddies that give me and my k-60 all their roof top work . They tell me that they are ground squirrels!

Comment

Rick
                  I have never said that I would take a K-7500 on a roof top, it is you that is always talking about roof work. I have never said I would take a K-7500 up a ladder. Where do you come up with these stories? I think Wayne and I could but I really don't see the point of it

I use 10` sticks of pipe so if the vent is past 10` from the edge I`ll just pull the W/C.
                  For some reason you cant get it through your head that we are plumbers not roofers

Did you forget that I own a K-60? I am not going to take it on a frozen roof either. I see no need in falling off and being out of work till I can walk again.
                  Remember "work smarter not harder"

You never did say why your not using a hose guide? I`d hate to buy a new roof because the cable snagged a few shingles.

I get paid to pull a W/C, I get paid to pipe from the ground and I get paid to gain access what ever it is because it`s not my fault that the H/O dosent have ready access for me to clean their sewers.

Yea I could drag a K-60, 2 baskets of cable and a cord up on a roof top and I could also drive in to a brick wall but I really don't see the need to do either. You are the kind of drain cleaner we 6itch about around here. You`ll keep cleaning lines that don't have C/O`s instead of explaining to the H/O that they need to bring their system up to code and install a C/O. Yea that`s all fine and dandy but when your on vacation and their sewer is plugged up who they gonna call? Guys around here will say "I don't care that Rick does it from the roof, I wont, You need a C/O.
                  Rick
                  I will only do it from the roof 1 time so they have time to save up for a C/O install.

The roofers around here don't mess with plumbing and the plumbers don't mess with roofing

i don't have anyone to fire
                  That's because you don't have enough work to justify any helpers...duhhhhh

Wayne is out making me money while I set here and type this
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-21-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Hey Rick
                    It looks like this guy may have to make another trip to get his cord
                    I see he`s only got one basket of cable too.
                    Humm.... I thought you said it was a one trip deal with a K-60
                    lests see, 90' of cable, cutter and the k-60. the cord is thrown over the roof and considering he's still on the roof, the smart ones like me and jason, will pull the cord off the roof and then carry it back to the truck.

i guess you pull the cord up to the roof, wind it up and then carry it down the ladder

keep trying, still waiting for a legit question.

rick.
                    Ok, thats easy
                    if I remember right this was a 200` run

Somewhere I have a picture of it on a 4 story flat roof

Now let`s see someone on a snow covered roof using a K-60
                    And I don`t mean a FLAT roof like all of Ricks K-60 Roof Pictures.
                    Mark
                    Had this roof not had snow on it the K-60 would have worked fine but most of our roofs around here have more pitch then this one and we have allot of 2 and 3 story houses. If you look you will see the seesnake in that picture...lol yep, even did a video inspection on that job

I am now using allot of 2" and 3" pipe for my roof piping jobs. I can set-up the first pipe with 3" and stick 2" inside it so it`s more adjustable

I have the pipe thing down to about a 3 minute set-up
                    funny you say that because I learned it in a country club parking garage where they parked the golf carts. I was like now how in the hell am I gonna clean those lines...lol
                    Got a trash can and 10` or 2" pipe and went to town.
                    The rest is history

Rick

How come your not using the guide hose?
                    guess what. i don't have anyone to fire. i don't need help carrying my machine and watching them sit on a bucket. i doubt any of your guys could ever get a machine up on a roof, no less run a machine from a roof. everyone that owns a k-60 can take their machine on the roof. still waiting for a real rooftop photo and not a flat roof either.

i guess we'll have to wait for the spring thaw

rick.
                    Rick
                    I have never said that I would take a K-7500 on a roof top, it is you that is always talking about roof work. I have never said I would take a K-7500 up a ladder. Where do you come up with these stories? I think Wayne and I could but I really don't see the point of it

I use 10` sticks of pipe so if the vent is past 10` from the edge I`ll just pull the W/C.
                    For some reason you cant get it through your head that we are plumbers not roofers

Did you forget that I own a K-60? I am not going to take it on a frozen roof either. I see no need in falling off and being out of work till I can walk again.
                    Remember "work smarter not harder"

You never did say why your not using a hose guide? I`d hate to buy a new roof because the cable snagged a few shingles.

I get paid to pull a W/C, I get paid to pipe from the ground and I get paid to gain access what ever it is because it`s not my fault that the H/O dosent have ready access for me to clean their sewers.

Yea I could drag a K-60, 2 baskets of cable and a cord up on a roof top and I could also drive in to a brick wall but I really don't see the need to do either. You are the kind of drain cleaner we 6itch about around here. You`ll keep cleaning lines that don't have C/O`s instead of explaining to the H/O that they need to bring their system up to code and install a C/O. Yea that`s all fine and dandy but when your on vacation and their sewer is plugged up who they gonna call? Guys around here will say "I don't care that Rick does it from the roof, I wont, You need a C/O.
                    Rick
                    I will only do it from the roof 1 time so they have time to save up for a C/O install.

The roofers around here don't mess with plumbing and the plumbers don't mess with roofing

That's because you don't have enough work to justify any helpers...duhhhhh

Wayne is out making me money while I set here and type this
                    Boy you two acting like immature jerks just never gets old.

NOT!

For the sake of everyone else on this site, either get along or ignore each other.

Thanks-Mark

Comment

• Re: 7500 vs k60

I love when all clear and rick go at it!!

I

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post

I
                        It is pretty funny I read and read then laugh then read some more
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post

I
                          Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                          It is pretty funny I read and read then laugh then read some more
                          The problem is they both have a lot to offer the site and have giving great reviews in the past. However, when they do this back and forth stuff you just get pages of mindless babble.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            The problem is they both have a lot to offer the site and have giving great reviews in the past. However, when they do this back and forth stuff you just get pages of mindless babble.

Mark
                            Agreed. I learn from both. But when it gets to this I don't even read past the first sentence.

Maybe they should call one another.

J.C.

Comment

Wait till you see this video I'm loading to drummachinetube.com! 14.33 minutes,,it's comin!
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                                Wait till you see this video I'm loading to drummachinetube.com! 14.33 minutes,,it's comin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIePbjc4ZDI

Customer was impressed. 14.33 minutes it sat there running, cleaning, hands free like a speakerphone

I even went out to my truck and grabbed my cameraphone just to take this video,

even stopped for a scooby snack, pulled my gloves off, itched my arse, said hi to the neighbors, farted, when back inside the house knowing all is well in the drain.

Customer felt his money was well spent, and I'm the guy who's got the job to go back in there and tear that wall open and fix that F'd up mess.

They are going to wait till the next time it clogs but I told them; quit using the garbage disposal.

That 90 up into the wall is almost 8.6" !!!

Look Grandma! No Hands!!!

Besides the terrible pipe arrangement, this drain cleaning job took 3 passes and on the 3rd one I let that machine run for 15 minutes, sit there and run with water running in a lavatory sink on the opposite side of the kitchen.

The two were back to back and it was sheer luck without a drop head auger that I was able to drop that down the cross on the second try. I bent the of my cable like a whip around 5" back.

Each pass with trial and error, the time for the lavatory sink on the opposite side to back up got longer and longer, which made me believe that I was moving that waste down the line.

Each pass taken, I made sure that I never pulled out of the cross, knowing the luck it took to get it to go down .
                                Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-21-2009, 09:26 PM.
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X