X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 7500 vs k60

The k-60 can do 4" and under side sewers and 1 1/2" to 2" lines with the smaller cable. It can do most of your work. A good top snake is of course needed for doing tubs like the ridgid k-39af. Most drums hold 125ft of 3/4" cable or 150ft of 5/8 cable. Beyond that you stuff more cable in the drum when you run out or keep a spare drum thats loaded around and switch on the spare drum.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by BraveHeartCalif View Post
      Hello Everyone -

First time here and have been reading these forums diligently going over 2 days now. Im here in So Calif and Orange County to be exact. I started out in the seamless gutter biz and made good $$ during the last El Nino. At 220 pounds i got weary of hanging on rooflines, knowing one day i might fall off. So i went on to installing fiberoptic, CAT5/6 data networks. So now im going a differant direction and want to start out doing drain cleaning. I appreciate all of those who have contributed in sharing your special insight and experience. Its info like this that really can not only help a person like me learning the trade ins and outs; but also keep any major liabilities away too. So therefore I was able to find to find a good used Sparton 300, Gorlitz 1500a jetter and Sparton 81 w/ 1/4 @ 25'. The 300 has 75' 5/8 cable- Considering my area so calif, we dont have snow in the OC. And typically root growth is not as bad say as in the south etc. I was considering getting a Sparton 100 as the work horse but reading these forums. Im seriously considering either getting a k60 or a k50. Depending on the house if its single story and not a tile roof ill probably go in from the roof vent. If its a 2 story then ill work from the ground. Most homes here in the OC dont have large properties in the acres. Thats of course unless your in Cota De Caza or Newport Coast. Which i might get a few now and then. But mostly i think from what i can tell anything under 100' in my area is the typical cable run. Im 39 with lower back surgery. So i have to be careful how i do things. I need a complete set of machines for the jobs. So based on what i have should i keep what i got and buy a k60 or k50. Or sell the 300 and the jetter and get ???? Please advise -

Thanks
      Erik
      I'd start a new thread in the drain cleaning section. This thread has been taken over by people trying to tell other people why they're drain cleaning are wrong.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Good idea - Thanks for advice

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        I'd start a new thread in the drain cleaning section. This thread has been taken over by people trying to tell other people why they're drain cleaning are wrong.

Comment

my father has been running all electric eel machines since 1969 model c, n,s, and now an ej1500 i'm 34 which means i've been pushing the button on a model c since i was probably about 5 I was just wondering is the k- 60 all everyone says its cracked up to be I've never seen anyone use one but if i got one it would probably be replacing my 7th model n machine which i like with 5/8 dualmatic sectional cable but its such a heavy load getting onto a roof and when it wont do the job we have to get the model c up there with 1 1/4" cable because in florida there r so many roots that u can't always get to by pulling a w/c or through a clean-out i just thought the k 60 with inner core 7/8" cable might be something new to try thanks for your thoughts raymond

Comment

• bonds

used a c for years. moved there are very few outside clean outs here. i'm 65. so a k-60sp. i weigh 140, it weighs less then me. i love it. use search function. there are hundreds of threads on this. plumber rick is the high priest of the k-60. he is famous for telling people if they buy one and don't like it, he will buy it from them. start a new thread. breid.................

Comment

Working...
            X