Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7500 vs k60

Hi everyone,
    would the 7500 be easier to move out of my van if i kept the drum and cart separated? Do techs ever transport the 7500 taken apart? I am looking into either the 7500(5/8 or 3/4?) or the K60(7/8). I only do about 1 or 2 jobs of 4 inch lines a month and only occasionally hit 130 feet and then have to rent the electric eel by general which is their lawnmower style sectional. I rent the general 5/8x100 electric for about 80$ a day. It is a manual feed and not fun.
    The 7500 sounds awfully heavy to move out of my g20 van but the k60 sounds like it would be easier on the body. I guess my problem is that i can afford only one machine. I was wondering which would be the way to go from your experiences.
    I respect your knowledge and experience.

Re: 7500 vs k60

If you have to get only one I would go for the K-60.

-Lightweight
    -Powerfull
    -Scaleable ( Will do 1 1/2"-6" lines when set up properly)

My 60 has not met it's match on a 4" drain yet ( 2 years now).

Okie

Comment

with only a few jobs a month, it would be crazy to have a large drum in your small truck everyday.

the k-60 with both 5/8'' cable and 7/8'' cable will do 1.5''- 6' lines from the basement, through the roof top.

there's a reason why i have my drum machines sitting at the shop and my k-60 riding shotgun.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

K-60 vs. K-7500

I own 2 sewer machines. The K-60 and the K-7500. I prefer the drum by far. Why you ask? 3/4" solid cable is far more powerful than 7/8 openwind cable and the K-7500 can rip out roots that the K-60 struggles with. Also the drum is easier to use, faster to use and cleaner to use.

The only major downside is the weight. I use a DC-powered jib crane and winch to transport the K-7500 in and out*of the truck. Once its on the ground, its easy to transport.
        The k-60 sits around for the most part.
        Last edited by Service Guy; 05-26-2009, 08:11 PM. Reason: added photo link marked with red asterisk*
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

The k-60 will rip roots apart when using the general innercore cables!

The k-60 is the king of the roof top!

And dont forget the mobile k-60!
          Attached Files

Comment

Only a couple per month and can only get one? Well get the K-60 of course. Small, easy to store, light, etc etc.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The K-60 doesn't even compare to the 7500. If you want a sectional machine that can do the same lines as a 7500 then you want a K-1500.

If you want a drum machine that compares to the K-60 then you want a Spartan 300.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                The K-60 doesn't even compare to the 7500. If you want a sectional machine that can do the same lines as a 7500 then you want a K-1500.

If you want a drum machine that compares to the K-60 then you want a Spartan 300.
                sewerratz, welcome to the ridgid forum

but you have a lot of reading to catch up on since you think the k-60 can't keep up with a k-7500.

of course i can write a book on them both, but i'll let you read chapters 1-5 tonight and correct your statement

you can easily do a search on my k-60 photos along with other photos from k-60 believers.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

My choice-go with a k60. If your heart is on a drum machine, I would go with a k6200 or an old spartan 300 with .55 magnum cable. I have experience with neither machine but from past reader post's, it seems these to would be best in 4" pipe.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Dont disregard a slighlylarger sectional. It has the same power as the k1500 sectional (more than the k60!!) yet is just as portable as the k60. I run a 'rothenberger' sectional which is capable of both 3/4" and 1" 1/4 runs of up to 250'. I am yet to stop it with any roots. ps sorry ridgid.

Comment

[quote=jhplumbing;231930]The k-60 will rip roots apart when using the general innercore cables!

Hi JH do you hit bigger roots with it than that? They look to me to be fibrous which arent too heavy? Have you hit any roots of a thickness of round 1/2" or more? Thanks oz

Comment

Go with the k60 the 7500 is not a root machine, its only good with soft stopages. We leave the 7500 on the truck the majority of the time and use the sectional. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

OZ.........we do not have fiberes roots here. But check out ricks posts, he has hit some of those

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            sewerratz, welcome to the ridgid forum

but you have a lot of reading to catch up on since you think the k-60 can't keep up with a k-7500.

of course i can write a book on them both, but i'll let you read chapters 1-5 tonight and correct your statement

you can easily do a search on my k-60 photos along with other photos from k-60 believers.

rick.
                            I have used a K-60 I know its limitations. It can not do 6" and larger sewers where the K-7500 can do up to 10" sewers. On Ridgid's site they say the K-60 does 1 ¼" - 4" where the K-7500 can do 3" to 10" drains. Around here we have 4" building drains that transition to 6" building sewers, and I have had the 7/8 cable turn around on itself in the 6" sewer. Now where as a Spartan 300 with the two drums you can do 1¼" to 6" lines.

Do not get me wrong I am not saying the K-60 is inferior, it just doesn't compare to the K-7500 in the capacity it can handle.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandS&D View Post
                              Go with the k60 the 7500 is not a root machine, its only good with soft stopages. We leave the 7500 on the truck the majority of the time and use the sectional. Welcome to the forum.

You've got to be kidding me right? My K-7500 can handle roots that my K-60 gets bogged down with. This picture is from Allclear's K-7500.
                              http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...80&postcount=5
                              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
                              X