K-60 and pulling the toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 and pulling the toilet

I have been considering buying a K750 or 6200 for those times when I have no choice but to pull a toilet.

My K-60 is king but not indoors...

My trusty Cobra is showing her age

What would be the best Drum to get? (mostly soft stoppages and light roots)

Okie

Re: K-60 and pulling the toilet

bill, the 7500 has the better feeder and stair climbers over the 750. not to mention better motor and more capacity. the 6200 is like a 7500, but only has the 5/8'' cable capacity.

in the 3 years i've used the k-60. i've always managed indoors even with white carpeting

cable can easily be contained on the rear end. in fact you can easily extend it to outside and not have to worry about any seepage from the hose.

i find that a section of 1'' hdpe connects to the rear adjusting cone and i lock it in with a 5/16'' thumb screw.

you can extend this to an outside door and preload up as many sections as you like. 45' should get you outside of most homes.

flex pvc is too sticky and doesn't lay straight. hdpe is ridgid and fits good in the rear cone. in fact you could couple more than 1 section of hdpe to each other with an ordinary pvc coupling. same od.

hdpe makes a great rear guide bushing to prevent wear

just cut a 2'' long section and shove a 2'' long section of tubular tailpiece/ abs/ pvc into the nose first, then the 1'' hdpe. fits like a glove and eliminates any wear on the cable or cone

when you need to extend the rear hose with hdpe, just remove the 2'' section of hdpe.

do you really want to carry the drum in your truck for the few times a month you pull a toilet

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Or you can always do this!

Rick is correct! The more you use the k-60 the more you like it and the better you become with it!
      Attached Files

Comment

I always use roof vents but there are a few that a roof stack won't work and I have to pull a pot. I'm thinking of this because I have one in the morning...lol

-Steep Pitched roof
        -Undersized vent or no vent
        -Bad weather

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          I always use roof vents but there are a few that a roof stack won't work and I have to pull a pot. I'm thinking of this because I have one in the morning...lol

-Steep Pitched roof
          -Undersized vent or no vent
          -Bad weather
          Do you ever go underneath?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Most of my problem ones are on slab

Under is easy if I can fit in the crawlspace...lol

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              Most of my problem ones are on slab

Under is easy if I can fit in the crawlspace...lol
              You can fit. I remember some "Hacktown" pics.

Miss the "Hacktown Hospital" stories though.

J.C.

Comment

We still have a guy using the 750 Ridgid gave us over 10 years ago. he has used the 7500 since then and said he rather use the 750 any day.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  bill, the 7500 has the better feeder and stair climbers over the 750. not to mention better motor and more capacity. the 6200 is like a 7500, but only has the 5/8'' cable capacity.

in the 3 years i've used the k-60. i've always managed indoors even with white carpeting

cable can easily be contained on the rear end. in fact you can easily extend it to outside and not have to worry about any seepage from the hose.

i find that a section of 1'' hdpe connects to the rear adjusting cone and i lock it in with a 5/16'' thumb screw.

you can extend this to an outside door and preload up as many sections as you like. 45' should get you outside of most homes.

flex pvc is too sticky and doesn't lay straight. hdpe is ridgid and fits good in the rear cone. in fact you could couple more than 1 section of hdpe to each other with an ordinary pvc coupling. same od.

hdpe makes a great rear guide bushing to prevent wear

just cut a 2'' long section and shove a 2'' long section of tubular tailpiece/ abs/ pvc into the nose first, then the 1'' hdpe. fits like a glove and eliminates any wear on the cable or cone

when you need to extend the rear hose with hdpe, just remove the 2'' section of hdpe.

do you really want to carry the drum in your truck for the few times a month you pull a toilet

rick.
                  Maybe not, but some of us do 8-12+ jobs a day consistency and are in a hurry. I can't even imagine using my K-60 inside a building or when a clean-out is readly available. It just doesn't make sense. Now on the other hand, that last roof job was back saver. I like that!

And to answer your question, get a Spartan 1065 or Ridgid 7500, can't go wrong there....

Comment

Working...
                  X