Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Just bought a used k60 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just bought a used k60

    Just stumbled across the k60 on ebay australia .
    It looked like it had the large and small cables so i picked it up for $1200 plus a bit of freight.
    What do you think of it.
    www.ebay.com.au
    id Electric Eel (#180363768937
    Just looking at in what is the best way to move them around.trolley?
    Regards
    greg

  • #2
    Re: Just bought a used k60

    machine looks good
    cables look rough especially the 7/8''.

    not sure why you motor amperage is higher than our usa models. mine is only 7 amps @ 120 volt 1/2 h.p.

    yours is equivalent to 9.8 amps 120 volt.

    what is the exchange rate for $aus to $usa.

    might give me a new angle to go shopping

    if you need hands on training, joey and i will be in n.z. in november

    i carry mine by hand as the machine is only 43# and the cable is even less.

    you're mising the rear guide hose which i seldom use. do you have access to 1'' id. 25mm. id hdpe pipe? works even better than the rear guide hose and is only a couple of $$.

    rick.

    HI I HAVE FOR SALE A RIDGID SECTIONAL MACHINE (Electric Eel) K-60SP WITH CABLE, AND THERE IS ALSO SOME ACCESORIES TO GO WITH IT. IT IS 230V 4.9A. THIS ITEM IS IN GOOD WORKING ORDER.
    THE ITEM IS PICK UP ONLY FROM ALEXANDRA HEADLAND SUNSHINE COAST
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Just bought a used k60

      [QUOTE=PLUMBER RICK;233530]machine looks good


      what is the exchange rate for $aus to $usa.



      About $983.00 US dollars. RootX sells in Australia so I have a currency converter for that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Just bought a used k60

        I think your going to be in love!

        The cables look a bit rough. They could use a powerwashing and some Ridgid snake oil! ( i love that stuff, it works AWESOME!)

        Most of my work is inside and i always use the guide hose, even though it is a bit costly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Just bought a used k60

          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          machine looks good
          cables look rough especially the 7/8''.

          not sure why you motor amperage is higher than our usa models. mine is only 7 amps @ 120 volt 1/2 h.p.

          yours is equivalent to 9.8 amps 120 volt.

          what is the exchange rate for $aus to $usa.

          might give me a new angle to go shopping

          if you need hands on training, joey and i will be in n.z. in november

          i carry mine by hand as the machine is only 43# and the cable is even less.

          you're mising the rear guide hose which i seldom use. do you have access to 1'' id. 25mm. id hdpe pipe? works even better than the rear guide hose and is only a couple of $$.

          rick.

          HI I HAVE FOR SALE A RIDGID SECTIONAL MACHINE (Electric Eel) K-60SP WITH CABLE, AND THERE IS ALSO SOME ACCESORIES TO GO WITH IT. IT IS 230V 4.9A. THIS ITEM IS IN GOOD WORKING ORDER.
          THE ITEM IS PICK UP ONLY FROM ALEXANDRA HEADLAND SUNSHINE COAST
          Our single phase voltage is 240 volts and three phase is 415 volts.
          I am not sure about the amperage as I thought that 1 Hp was 746 watts but doing a quick google it seems that you can get more horsepower out of a motor than that.

          Simon

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Just bought a used k60

            Thanks for comments dont know what the exchange rate is.
            But it should be ok for the price its been sitting in shed for a while by the rust etc.
            i may have to get a few attachments to go with it wont until it arrives I hope its worth the wait.
            As you guys have been known to pump the virtues of the K60 from time to time cant wait to put it on the truck.
            Sorry about the stuff on the bottom of the post accidentelly copied across to my post so there is no k60 for sale.
            Cheers
            Greg

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Just bought a used k60

              Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
              They could use some Ridgid snake oil! ( i love that stuff, it works AWESOME!)
              I understand it doesn't taste so bad either when mixed with ice cream and chocolate syrup.
              I love my plumber

              "My Hero"

              Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Just bought a used k60

                Greg
                Had to laugh when I read your post about the purchase of the Ridgid sectional,I had seen it on Ebay under RIGID the week previously and it did not sell as most guys enter RIDGID when searching,he emailed me back and thanked me and said it had helped him sell it
                Small world is'nt it!
                Where are you in OZ,I am in Brisbane
                Cheers
                Graeme

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Just bought a used k60

                  I am in Ballarat Victoria as soon as I saw it I bought it ,hopefully it arrives this week.
                  Thanks for the tip
                  Cheers
                  Greg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Just bought a used k60

                    last look at the exchange rate the AUS $1, was worth 76 US cents.
                    Please let us know how the k60 goes on heavy roots. How it goes with 7/8th or 3/4 cable? Hope it works for you cheers oz

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Just bought a used k60

                      Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                      last look at the exchange rate the AUS $1, was worth 76 US cents.
                      Please let us know how the k60 goes on heavy roots. How it goes with 7/8th or 3/4 cable? Hope it works for you cheers oz

                      don't tell me your roots down under are any different than what we have here

                      proper cutters are the key to success. most prefer the spiral root saw.

                      also for heavy use, we use inner-core for the first section/ 15'.

                      if you need a hand,, you know where to find me

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Just bought a used k60

                        Originally posted by Plumber Rick
                        don't tell me your roots down under are any different than what we have here
                        They're pretty much the same, except that they have pouches and beaks and webbed feet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Just bought a used k60

                          Cool discussion. At least I must say that you guys have got the great discussion. I mean people over here are so much into their exact point. I loved it very much. Anyway can any one of you let me know where to find the general discussion as I am new to this forum so need guidance. I found help in Sunshine Coast this forum was listed so I got myself registered and I don't know what forum mean..??? so please guys guide me I am new to Sunshine Coast too.. I want to do plumbing of my home in Sunshine Coast so need help eagerly from those who can help me in this area.

                          Regards,
                          Ishita Shah

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X