X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60 School

Well I got a call today to clean a main line and I got clean from the 3" main vent on the roof ! This is a first time for me with the k 60 ! I broke out the 32' extension ladder but found I was able to get up on the roof with my little six foot a frame ladder. Have any of you that clean from the roof had any issues with vent flashing coming loose and if so how much do you get into the repair of flashing ? Not a bad job though took me two hours ran the 7/8" cable out 75' two times and one last time 105' and picked up $245.00 !!

Comment

The T 110 is the the cutter I was sold as a spiral root saw . Now this cutter is I believe only 2-1/2" and many times very hard to even get in to a line I worries it is too small for 4" to 6" mains is the T 111 what you use ?

Comment

a root say is my cutter of choice on roots. but i also use my custom 3'' x 4'' pear shape cutters and full 4'' if they will get out all the way.

i use root saws that i've enlarged and custom grind.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

So you don't the t 110 & 111 ?

Comment

i have, but they are only 3/4'' stock. i use a heavier 1'' stock blade with more of an open offset hook. this allows me to grab roots in the reverse direction and the 1'' stock allows for more strength, more grinding and more strength to open up the cutter.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

The t-111 is my number one cutter of choice.

Were is the pics of the roof vent job??

How was your first roof vent job? I find they are more set up and tear down time than actual drain snaking.

Comment

I have no pictures dropped the droid one time and said thats a enough of that and put it back in the truck your are right about the drain cleaning time not too long , ran cable out three times had to go back down the last time to get more cable to push it out to 105' . I would say 30 min. drain time 45 min set up and 15 min looking over the job and explaining to him that I was not crazy to want to go on the roof and working out the bill

Comment

They work . They just won't tell you that the drum attachment will work on the 60 .Mine are a real pain in the a** as they tend to keep spinning . I've tried everything now I just stop the drum with my leg..
                  One thing that might be the problem is that my drums are the older chrome looking ones not the newer grey plastic looking ones..
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

they fit, but the speed is way to fast for the cable size. adjust the tension brake screw on the drum to properly rub. sort of how we use to adjust the drum brakes on cars. a nice even rub will slow down the drum. the plastic drums are lighter and will not develop the flywheel weight as much as the plastic.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X