Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k60 from Ebay-Good Buy Bad Buy for $1100

Guys
    When it turned up the it only had 3 out of 5 -7/8 cables any good 2 of of the 5 -5/8 cable any good.
    One thing he through in a set of expanders missing 1/2 one though.
    The cables look to light I am currently lookng at buying more cables but want more heavier duty.
    Do they have them?
    Also I just broke a k1500 cable in a drain dont know how old they so I am looking at getting new ones so is there a heavy duty cable for them as well.
    Cheers
    Greg

Re: k60 from Ebay-Good Buy Bad Buy for $1100

There are several cables for your K1500 like the c-11 i.c. cable or c-12 heavy duty cable try them but I find the standard c-11 the best cable to use the others sometimes make the job harder getting around bends etc.

Comment

general wire www.drainbrain.com makes some hd 7/8" inner core (ic) cable. it's the cats a$$. can you get it in oz? ridgid, also. some of us only put one piece of ic cable on on first, use open wind for rest. use search function, but click on show posts not show threads. it cuts out the bs that way. there are untold numbers of posts on open wind vs ic. here you are and there you go. breid

Comment

Sorry, guys, to put my nose in your conversation.. But I can't find on e-bay K-60, what keyword you put there.... One of our K-60 was stolen week ago from our plumber's truck, I need to buy one more, but I'm affraid to put brand new snake in his truck ater all. But I still need to get snake for his truck anyways.. So sad, it was brand new snake.

Now I think how to put such a tools like Hydro Jet and snake on plumbers truck to make sure that it will be safe. It's first time happened but I'm scare to death about cameras, snakes and jets now.

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards

Comment

i use ridgid k-60 in usa. is canada different? breid........

Comment

I think it's the same in US or Canada, but I can not find k-60.. only k-50 or k1500 are available on e-Bay

I was ok to buy brand new few weeks ago (actually I did buy brand new), but now I don't want to put again brand new in Plumber's truck.. I wouln't make it if snake will be stolen again in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by vrute1 View Post
              There are several cables for your K1500 like the c-11 i.c. cable or c-12 heavy duty cable try them but I find the standard c-11 the best cable to use the others sometimes make the job harder getting around bends etc.
              I use C-14 cables for heavy roots in 6" clay pipe. C-11's whip around too much when you encounter a really heavy blockage. Don't try them through P-traps though. Laterals and mains only (ditto for the C-12's). The difference between a C-12 and a C-14 is the pitch. C-14's have 1/2" space in the coil (as opposed to 3/8" on C-11 and C-12).

I've never seen a C-11 innercore , sounds like the C-10 innercore (not in the US catalog).

Comment

New K60 with general inner core 120 ft with cutter and ridgid tool box. 1796.50. Two months old and it rocks. I just drove to Ohio to look at some used stuff. Ebay is hit or miss on used tools. I know why I sell something. It getting old and tried. Tools make you money. Why cant they ship cables down under? A new K60 just the unit is 1175.00 or so with no shiping is, what my invoice said. Greg I think you could have gotten a new one for that kind of money. Shop around or ASK K60 MAN Rick

Comment

Working...
                X