My K-60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My K-60

bill, here is a very similar stand i have for my threader.

all you need to do is to remove the top adjustable v head and fab a tray to put the k-60 into. you can even fab it with a slight tilt to allow for the cable to drop downward.

try this link if you like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Folding-V-Head-P...3A1%7C294%3A50

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

all you need to do is to remove the top adjustable v head and fab a tray to put the k-60 into. you can even fab it with a slight tilt to allow for the cable to drop downward.

rick.
      Looks to be steel
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

yes it is. weight is not a factor with this. it needs to take a beating in the truck and an aluminum one would be very spendy.

tool can you duplicate it in aluminum?

tig or spool gun?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Yes,I can weld up to 3/8" Allum. M.M. 210 with argon check Your e mail, Latest art work pixar movie up project on wife's wrangler. Bottle cap is 1/8" Allum
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            to roll up, unload everything for the sectional, string the cable out, connect, disconnect etc, then run it, put it all away, crazy.

roll the drum up, plug it in and go. common sense. the drum is faster unless your running around like a clown in a marathon
            when did it become a race to clear/clean a line?

i had someone time me a couple of weeks ago on a job. the average time between cable connects was 42 seconds. this was 6 sections. so i've added just over 4 minutes to a job that took a total of 56 minutes to perform. the final section (#5) from the carrier was the fastest being timed at 27 seconds. the 1st section from the second carrier took the longest at 58 seconds because of an overlap in the cables. BTW, i was not trying to anything different, just do a good job for the client.

the blockage was cleared at 77 feet of 3" C.I. with a nice belly starting at around 60' (confirmed with camera). the culprit was grease, tampons, & dental floss.

i thought you were going to present a valid NEW point but i see it's the same old

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
              when did it become a race to clear/clean a line?

i had someone time me a couple of weeks ago on a job. the average time between cable connects was 42 seconds. this was 6 sections. so i've added just over 4 minutes to a job that took a total of 56 minutes to perform. the final section (#5) from the carrier was the fastest being timed at 27 seconds. the 1st section from the second carrier took the longest at 58 seconds because of an overlap in the cables. BTW, i was not trying to anything different, just do a good job for the client.

the blockage was cleared at 77 feet of 3" C.I. with a nice belly starting at around 60' (confirmed with camera). the culprit was grease, tampons, & dental floss.

i thought you were going to present a valid NEW point but i see it's the same old Look who's talking

steve

when did it become a race?

It became a race when you have 5-6 other calls waiting for you, and you are late as it is.. thats when. forgot to mention the most important part, the average ticket being $280-$400.
              Last edited by westcoastplumber; 07-13-2009, 10:26 PM.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                when did it become a race?

It became a race when you have 5-6 other calls waiting for you, and you are late as it is.. thats when.
                The sectional-drum debate is a little nuts to me. But I agree with Robert here. If you have the equipment to do an equal job faster.....why wouldn't you?

He owns a sectional machine that gets the job done faster for him sometimes. (Roof or tight space maybe).

He owns a drum machine that gets the job done faster for him at "roll up" ground cleanouts.

Just seems smart if he's got the room.

Time is what's killing me too alot of days. Seconds count.

Just my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

maybe i'm just lucky living in a small market and don't have a dozen jobs a day. i take the time and talk to my clients, get to know them, and B.S. a little if practical.

no race for me.

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    The sectional-drum debate is a little nuts to me. But I agree with Robert here. If you have the equipment to do an equal job faster.....why wouldn't you?

He owns a sectional machine that gets the job done faster for him sometimes. (Roof or tight space maybe).

He owns a drum machine that gets the job done faster for him at "roll up" ground cleanouts.

Just seems smart if he's got the room.

Time is what's killing me too alot of days. Seconds count.

Just my opinion.

J.C.
                    Your not hourly?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                      Never happen,
                      He's already thought of it.

Comment

toolup $59.99 and then get clever

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Your not hourly?
                          Little bit of both Adam.

Either way, got to get done, must get done go, go, go......

P.S. I like the way that Josh has put the discussed product at the top of the page.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                          X