Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
My K-60 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My K-60

    So I have had my k-60 for about 3 months, I have used it several times already, many, many times, although I find it completely usless for a regular ground level cleanout access, it is one heck of a good machine to use under the house and from the roof vent.

    There is still a place on my truck for it just for this reason.

    I used it again today for a roof vent, very efficent for roof vents, my buddy is going to buy 1 just for this purpose.
    sigpic

    Robert

  • #2
    Re: My K-60

    You have a buddy?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My K-60

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My K-60

        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        You have a buddy?

        yeah, and guess what, he's not you !
        sigpic

        Robert

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My K-60

          Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
          yeah, and guess what, he's not you !
          craigs list poster boy
          sigpic

          Robert

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My K-60

            Don't be mad at me if you're Mr. Personality. Buddy. hahahahaha
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My K-60

              Been using mine a lot.
              Got it out three times the other day.

              Yesterdays job reconfirmed the necessity of the 600 RPM.Shaved off hard "scale?" lining 7' of cast with a modified 4 blade.Slower would bite in and break old brittle chemicaly weakened cast(it happened)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My K-60

                interesting as my 7500's and 750's have been collecting dust in the shop now for 3-4 years.

                how is it useless for outside clean outs?

                is it afraid of the sun or its own shadow

                that heavy sled of yours goes up and down stairs by itself

                rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My K-60

                  Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                  craigs list poster boy
                  Hi, my name is Ben and I get my customer's from craigslist.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My K-60

                    Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Been using mine a lot.
                    Got it out three times the other day.

                    Yesterdays job reconfirmed the necessity of the 600 RPM.Shaved off hard "scale?" lining 7' of cast with a modified 4 blade.Slower would bite in and break old brittle chemicaly weakened cast(it happened)

                    so you have a before and after of the line? or is this just what you felt on the line as you were shoving cable?




                    actually,. this post is......

                    see, I have a after of a sewer root bound after running the k-60, it pulled back some roots, about the same as my drum would, but there was still a ton left behind, probably as much or more then what the drum would have left.
                    sigpic

                    Robert

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My K-60

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      interesting as my 7500's and 750's have been collecting dust in the shop now for 3-4 years.

                      how is it useless for outside clean outs?

                      is it afraid of the sun or its own shadow

                      that heavy sled of yours goes up and down stairs by itself

                      rick.


                      Maybe you miss read my post.....maybe I should have said stairs too, along with roof and under house...... figured it stairs would be "assumed" with the roof and under house comment. I did use my drum for 10 years around stairs, you just do what you gotta do....


                      The k-60 is great for roofs, under houses, oh, and down flights of stairs...... but for normal ground level cleanouts, for me is useless.

                      sigpic

                      Robert

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My K-60

                        I'm sorry.
                        I just don't have room for a big machine the way I'm setup(need a bigger rig anyway)
                        I did buy a 7500 and a 3800 for just in case.
                        Haven't used the 7500
                        The 3800 was used once on the bogus styrene.The tight wind would slip past the inside coner of the non sweep 90's and tees.
                        But to be fair I have yet to hit a root job.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My K-60

                          Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          I'm sorry.
                          I just don't have room for a big machine the way I'm setup(need a bigger rig anyway)
                          I did buy a 7500 and a 3800 for just in case.
                          Haven't used the 7500
                          The 3800 was used once on the bogus styrene.The tight wind would slip past the inside coner of the non sweep 90's and tees.
                          But to be fair I have yet to hit a root job.
                          I'm Rooting for You Kid!
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My K-60

                            Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                            So I have had my k-60 for about 3 months, I have used it several times already, many, many times, although I find it completely usless for a regular ground level cleanout access, it is one heck of a good machine to use under the house and from the roof vent.

                            There is still a place on my truck for it just for this reason.

                            I used it again today for a roof vent, very efficent for roof vents, my buddy is going to buy 1 just for this purpose.
                            Thanks, nice to hear a drum guys opinion of his k60. I will get one eventually for certain apps. I got a chance to check out Ben's k60.

                            Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            Hi, my name is Ben and I get my customer's from craigslist.
                            Hi my name is Lenny and I also advertise on craigslist.

                            $0 for Craigslist.

                            About 5 to 6 jobs a year for me so its worth it.

                            I have to wade through the massa's looking for slaves. There are some good paying customers searching craigslist though.

                            Seems that I get many former California residents from Craigsliat. I see why some of you have so much success with internet advertising. Seems to me most people here looking for plumbers online are former California residents.

                            Lenny

                            Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

                            I know, it doesn't make sense.


                            http://www.hebertdraincare.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My K-60

                              And sometimes you get idiots like this on CL. This came from LA.

                              I have a one story bungalow style apartments..this particular unit backs up to another just like it and has recently had the drains redone (from iron to ABS). Right after that, we started having a slow moving drain at the bathroom sink, now there is a smell of sewage coming from the sink at times and sometimes water is stuck in sink with that odor. I think the main line needs to be snaked, or the vent potentially. Please let me know what your experience level is and when you could do this...the sooner the better of course.
                              20.00 per hour
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X