X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• longer reach?

for those of you who use the K-60 can it get roots at 200 ft? with the 5/8 or 7/8.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: longer reach?

That might be stretching it. Don't even think about with 5/8. Plus connecting all that sectional cable would just suck. For that distance a jetter would be best as it's business end would be as powerful 200' away as it would 20' away.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The k60 I think is only rated to 165 feet with 7/8". I would NEVER attempt to put 200' of 5/8" in the pipe to clear roots.

It might work with 7/8" but if it bound up you have 200' of cable stuck in the line. Best to use the right equipment for roots at that distance.

I wonder if using 2 K60's in tandem would work?

Comment

i have been in situations were all i had was 150 ft on the van and 170 ft was, were the roots were at. i was using a general with 3/4 at the time. some of the old houses were they have had connect to the city sewer, goes around from the back of the house to the street. as i see the cities increasing in size taking up more rual space. i see farm houses 200-300 ft from the city lines.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          The k60 I think is only rated to 165 feet with 7/8". I would NEVER attempt to put 200' of 5/8" in the pipe to clear roots.

It might work with 7/8" but if it bound up you have 200' of cable stuck in the line. Best to use the right equipment for roots at that distance.

I wonder if using 2 K60's in tandem would work?
          i've gone 165' with 1 machine

wonder what i can spin now with 5

i would think the k-1500 would have a better time spinning that amount of cable.

rick.

yes, the jetter is my choice of machines when the distance is far.
          phoebe it is

Comment

ok so the k-60 can only go 165 ft. with 7/8 cable. i'll post my next jetter questions in the other forum.
            thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X