X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable storage

My new K60 came today. As I was making room in the van I thought whats the best way to put the cables in the baskets.Looked on the site at the pictures to see what to do with the ends of the cables. I got inner core cable with the thing. This is my frist sectional machine. Always drum machines or a jetter before this. I like the amount of space the thing takes up. At frist I was tried of all the K60 talk on the forum, but it seems to be the the tool of choice. Any pointer would be helpful.

Re: Cable storage

I keep my sections connected and feed it into the cage, female end first.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I put the male end in first (one with the nipple). I keep them connected.

i put the nipple end in first, that way i can grab the cable by the female end and slide it though the front of the machine.

Comment

Thanks for the pointers. I didnt think the ends should be sticking out all over the place.

Comment

it's best to keep them connected as it's much easier to get them in without all the ends pointing out. also make sure to properly oil/ lube the male pins. especially with the 5/8'' cable. i use wd-40 with the straw to point it into the hole for the pin release.

i prefer to have the male end pointing out of the cage. so basically the female end goes into the cage first. i connect the male to the end of the machine when there is only a few inches left sticking out the rear.

i rarely run a rear guide hose and can easily connect the cables. but remember that indoors you need a hose, and outdoors around plants and ivy too.

rick.

p.s. k-60 talk is for real

"it's my go to machine"
          phoebe it is

Comment

I keep them connected as well. And sometimes I connect the beginning and end of the cable together to keep them from sticking out.

And I use one section of 7/8" at a time or 2 sections of 5/8" at a time since they'll both fit into the guide hose (mostly) so as to have to couple/uncouple less often.

I seem to be using the 5/8" more often than the 7/8" and have ordered more of it since every once in a while 45' just isn't enough.

Comment

Thank you for the help

Comment

Working...
              X