Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what if I wanted to buy a K-60 set up.

I'm a sectional machine virgin, but I'm thinking seriously about trying one out. The resale on a K-60 set up seems to pretty good, so if I don't like I figure I can get a good chunk of my money back if worse comes to worse.

It's a pretty attractive proposition to equip a little drain truck with one k60 and a k39 or a handi-vee, and be able to tackle about any residential or light commercial drain, with no single piece of gear weighing over 45 pounds or so.

My main concern is I need to have the capacity to run a 6" root-stopped main up to 150' , 6" mains are common in older neighborhoods here.

Should I get General Proflex Cable for the 7/8" in this case and skip the regular open wound all together?? Or should I skip the proflex all together, or just get a few sections.

I'm not completely convinced, just using a proflex leader, will do what I need to do.

I'm thinking, the K-60 unit, an A-30 cable kit with 3 extra sections of 5/8" (I need a 75 foot sink cable) , and 10 pieces of general 15r-10-proflex, and a set of 7/8" cutter heads.

So basically what I need to know from you K-60 users, if you were to go out and buy a complete K-60 outfit today, what would it be?

Alternately;

If you'd rather talk me out of it, that's fine too, since I already own, about 5 big drum machines, and a general rodrunner, that I don't use.

I have to add also, a general root 66, (RT-66-E-P), is a pretty damn tempting sectional starter set for about $1900. The two problems are #1 it's Generalness, and #2 they only spin at 400RPM as opposed to the K60s 600RPM., and I'm thinkin the high speed is a possibly a big advantage for the K60.

Anyways..it's an bag of snakes I need to straighten out. (pun intended), advice or input is appreciated.

Re: So what if I wanted to buy a K-60 set up.

Originally posted by MasterplumberKC View Post
    I'm thinking, the K-60 unit, an A-30 cable kit with 3 extra sections of 5/8" (I need a 75 foot sink cable) , and 10 pieces of general 15r-10-proflex, and a set of 7/8" cutter heads.

So basically what I need to know from you K-60 users, if you were to go out and buy a complete K-60 outfit today, what would it be?
    You pretty much covered it. Your plan sounds good. Cable center is the cheapest place to buy the innercore sectional cable but it comes direct from general so it takes a long time. Rick used to say that if you buy a k60 and didn't like it, he'd buy it from you. i've heard of plenty people didn't like it but not sure if Rick's buy back program went into effect.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I do a lot of 6" root infested lines with mine 75% of the time it works fine if it doesn't I bust out my spartan 1065. I only use one section of innercore as my lead and since I went to using it I have not bent a cable since. The stock open winds bend pretty easy if used in front. Biggest thing you need to get that I don't see on your list is a head that can finish clean the stoppage on a 6" line, The 4 blade (arrow bit x2) 4" works real well for getting the majority clear. I run a 6" ridgid c -cutter on a k-60 bit holder, I am thinking of modifying a 1.25" 6" head to fit the k-60 in a 4 blade. I do think it is a good idea to buy 2 of the innercore cables incase you need a little extra bump if you get stuck. 1 to replace the regular wind in the jaws at the k-60
      Last edited by Cuda; 01-04-2010, 11:24 PM.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

So what if I wanted to buy a K-60 set up.

very simple, send your paypal info to my p.m. and i'll allow you to have the privilege to buy one.

remember the paypal $$$ is only for allowing you to own 1.

you then have to still pay the company for it

not 1 person i've told to buy one has asked for a refund

yet i've got dozens of thank yous.

forget the thanks, show me the money

p.s i own 3 - k-60's and none were from the money back guarantee

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I Run all Innercore cables on 6" clay sewers with roots. With a spiral root saw. I have tried the 1 innrcore as a leader, I was not happy with how "flexy" the open wound cable is, So i switched to all inncore and i love them!!

Comment

What is the cheapest place to buy a K-60 online?

Comment

Toolup.com is usually pretty good at least very close to the cheapest place but toolup actually has them in stock which to me makes a big difference.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                Toolup.com is usually pretty good at least very close to the cheapest place but toolup actually has them in stock which to me makes a big difference.
                Thanks

Comment

thank you rickster. i'm a free lunch conservative so i ain't sending nobody no money. breid............

Comment

Working...
                  X