X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another reason to own the K-60

I just thought of another reason to have a k-60, I just finished my 3rd mainline today, and it's raining hard (hello it's Seattle) and I had used my K-60 once , and my 1065 twice and I am going to tell you I am a bit tired, get to fourth job and it's in the backyard down some serious steep wood steps (lake house) and I saw myself trying to haul the 1065 back up them steps NOWAY! Grabbed the k-60 and got to work! My back thanked me!
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: another reason to own the K-60

What's a K-60?

J.C.

Comment

the 1065 will make you tired and sore just looking at it. I looked at 1 to buy today. My back got sore just thinking about putting it in the truck

Comment

Originally posted by handybull View Post
        the 1065 will make you tired and sore just looking at it. I looked at 1 to buy today. My back got sore just thinking about putting it in the truck
        Bend at the knees and grab the base as the third wheel is laying on the truck, lift with your knees and curl with your arms and push in. real easy . I been doing it since I was 14 years old.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I have a liftgate on my truck but it doesn't come pick it up for me in the yard
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            I have a liftgate on my truck but it doesn't come pick it up for me in the yard

liftgate. what the heck is that. I just man handle the equipment. I am still young and ( insert Phrase )

Comment

cuda, carefull what you say about the k-60

people might think you and i are the same person

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                Bend at the knees and grab the base as the third wheel is laying on the truck, lift with your knees and curl with your arms and push in. real easy . I been doing it since I was 14 years old.
                did the same with mine for 3 days. problem is that you still need about 5' of floor space to roll it in and then stand it up. a crane arm is good as it doesn't need to be laying down.

but then again a k-60 in 1 arm and 90' of 7/8'' in the other and i'm off and running faster than i can think of getting the drum machine off and back on the truck. plus the extra floor space leaves me more room for the other toys

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  did the same with mine for 3 days. problem is that you still need about 5' of floor space to roll it in and then stand it up. a crane arm is good as it doesn't need to be laying down.

but then again a k-60 in 1 arm and 90' of 7/8'' in the other and i'm off and running faster than i can think of getting the drum machine off and back on the truck. plus the extra floor space leaves me more room for the other toys

rick.
                  I load mine into the side door of my sprinter, once in I place one arm across the autofeed and push down as I push the machine down and in to the truck with the other.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                    Speaking of crane arms, anyone have a recommendation on a brand or model that they use or have used? I operate out of a 3/4 ton van.

Anyone every use the Spartan hoist kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                      Speaking of crane arms, anyone have a recommendation on a brand or model that they use or have used? I operate out of a 3/4 ton van.

Anyone every use the Spartan hoist kit?
                      Lots of guys I know use the Harbor Freight hoist.
                      http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=37555

I have one that a guy mounted to a steel plate and attached that to a 2" square bar stock so it can be used in the trailer hitch. I bought t off the guy that used to deliver engine blocks. Needed for a outdoor lift station that had a pair of 800 pound pumps in the pit. The only thing I would change is put an electric winch on it.

Comment

ron, i have 4 of those and the electric winch is the way to go i think ben is doing the same exact thing right now there are 2 styles. get the taller one that has the higher base and winch mount. the short one wa desinged for a pickup and low profile.

i was thinking of doing an offset mount into the trailor hitch as i still need to get my jetter on and off the truck.

mine is boted through the body at the right rear corner. important to propery secure and sandwich the mount to some real steel and not just the flooring.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks guys. That'll be a fun project sometime soon.

-Chris

Comment

check with ben as he just completed his installation and has some photos.

i use mine often for 75 gal heaters and my jetter.

most importantly is proper bolting and make sure to install a circuit breaker for the winch at the battery connection. i used a 100 amp resettable breaker and it has a disconnect trip switch.

run #4 auto wire or welding wire to the winch 12 volt+ red.
                            black/ negative ground to the body.

i also have a disconnect keyed switch to prevent accidental starts at the winch.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                            X